Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 891
  1. #401  
    hi, 2 questions guys, i think this app is a great idea..but:

    1. Can it be even further hidden, in complete background, not even show the small icon on bottom ?
    2. Has everyone that been using it really noticed a big difference in battery drainage, using it on a regular basis throughout the day, while say have the keyboard light very low, and the screen at about 50% or lower?

    i currently now have a siedo extended 2600Mah battery which is lovely, compared to the standard battery, i would like to further enhance my extended batt by using this app..

    BTW i love the other app, BATTERY SAVER, i love that u can set it to airplane mode overnight, i noticed a big difference in the morning, with very little drainage after a whole night of NO-Charging. SO i would enjoy haveing both these apps working together for me, with BATTERY SAVER doing its work during the night and BRIGHTNESS unlinked throughout the day, if u can possible add the ability to just make it work in the distant background
  2. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Evening Everyone,

    I have installed this app as I was looking for more apps then offered on the Pre's App Store provided.

    I have found several excellent programs (to those I give my thanks).

    I do have a question though.

    I have the program running and I have it on my Touchstone (ST), but the screen does not go asleep. I assume that when it goes asleep, that the screen is suppost to go "dark".

    Is there a setting that is suppost to have it go to asleep when attached to the TS?
    The sleep toggle will display when the Pre is on the TS. You need to be showing the card, and you'll need to scroll it up to show the bottom, where the pref will appear...

    -JerryG
  3. #403  
    Thank you JerryG.

    I noticed that when I put my Pre on my custom TS charger for my car and I had it card active. I was like WOW, it updated, but then I saw the option disappear when I removed it. So I put 2 and 2 together.

    I *might* suggest making it a static option, rather then appear when its on the TS. Of course if im the only person that stumbled on this, then I wouldnt worry about it.

    Regardless, EXCELLENT APP!
  4. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Thank you JerryG.

    I noticed that when I put my Pre on my custom TS charger for my car and I had it card active. I was like WOW, it updated, but then I saw the option disappear when I removed it. So I put 2 and 2 together.

    I *might* suggest making it a static option, rather then appear when its on the TS. Of course if im the only person that stumbled on this, then I wouldnt worry about it.

    Regardless, EXCELLENT APP!
    You're most welcome, elrodvoss.

    @zinge - guess I'm not the only person who'd like to see the Touchstone/USB option always displayed (but I'll vote for stability first )

    L8r,

    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  5. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #405  
    With v0.2.3 the last two nights the Pre has been completely dark on the Touchstone, and in the morning it comes back on immediately when I touch the power switch and is responsive. Very nice! :-)
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    hi, 2 questions guys, i think this app is a great idea..but:

    1. Can it be even further hidden, in complete background, not even show the small icon on bottom ?
    2. Has everyone that been using it really noticed a big difference in battery drainage, using it on a regular basis throughout the day, while say have the keyboard light very low, and the screen at about 50% or lower?

    i currently now have a siedo extended 2600Mah battery which is lovely, compared to the standard battery, i would like to further enhance my extended batt by using this app..

    BTW i love the other app, BATTERY SAVER, i love that u can set it to airplane mode overnight, i noticed a big difference in the morning, with very little drainage after a whole night of NO-Charging. SO i would enjoy haveing both these apps working together for me, with BATTERY SAVER doing its work during the night and BRIGHTNESS unlinked throughout the day, if u can possible add the ability to just make it work in the distant background
    1. No, it can't. Read back in the thread for more explanation.
    2. As of 0.2.3, I haven't heard any battery life complaints, and I haven't seen any problems running it myself. That doesn't mean there are any problems... I just haven't heard/seen anything.
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    With v0.2.3 the last two nights the Pre has been completely dark on the Touchstone, and in the morning it comes back on immediately when I touch the power switch and is responsive. Very nice! :-)
    Glad its working for ya. :-)
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    You're most welcome, elrodvoss.

    @zinge - guess I'm not the only person who'd like to see the Touchstone/USB option always displayed (but I'll vote for stability first )

    L8r,

    -JerryG
    Yeah yeah yeah. I'll stop making it hide :-). I thought it was nifty that it only showed up on the touchstone and didn't bother people who didn't have one. I'll put back in the code that makes it not sleep when set to "off" (for jeking) and I'll take out the "hide when not on touchstone" code as well.

    Psshh, you guys. Making me take out nifty UI elements in favor of usability. Crazy common sense. Who needs you anyway? :-P
  9. #409  
    Lol I actually like the idea of hiding the TS toggle but w.e if the majority doesn't like it sucks for me
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah. I'll stop making it hide :-). I thought it was nifty that it only showed up on the touchstone and didn't bother people who didn't have one. I'll put back in the code that makes it not sleep when set to "off" (for jeking) and I'll take out the "hide when not on touchstone" code as well.

    Psshh, you guys. Making me take out nifty UI elements in favor of usability. Crazy common sense. Who needs you anyway? :-P
    Yea for not sleeping!! FWIW, I liked it hiding when not on the touchstone.
  11. #411  
    I think this has been discussed before as a time-based profile management, but I was wondering how difficult it would be to be able to create "Profiles" that can be easily switched between.

    For example, I have 3 standard profiles that I typicaly use: Display = 1 / Keyboard = 80 for normal operatoin, Display = 20 / Keyboard = 0 for outdoor operation, and Display = 30 / Keyboard = 80 for Indoor or Car use when I need a brighter screen and the lit keyboard.

    It would be great to have a few buttons on the top or bottom of the app to quick apply a certain profile instead of having to move the sliders. Thoughts?

    Thanks again for the great program!
  12. #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    1. No, it can't. Read back in the thread for more explanation.
    2. As of 0.2.3, I haven't heard any battery life complaints, and I haven't seen any problems running it myself. That doesn't mean there are any problems... I just haven't heard/seen anything.
    ok , got it.., thanks for the quick response!
  13. #413  
    The new version works great!. Thanks for the update.
  14. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah. I'll stop making it hide :-). I thought it was nifty that it only showed up on the touchstone and didn't bother people who didn't have one. I'll put back in the code that makes it not sleep when set to "off" (for jeking) and I'll take out the "hide when not on touchstone" code as well.

    Psshh, you guys. Making me take out nifty UI elements in favor of usability. Crazy common sense. Who needs you anyway? :-P
    OK, I have a couple of minutes to explain, and maybe, an alternative idea...

    I'm on call every 4 weeks (3 at the moment ). When on call, I keep my Pre on my nightstand, so I want the screen in sleep mode. During the day, or when I'm not on call, I keep it in clocklock (charge at night via USB cable). Having to put the Pre on the TS or USB, to toggle the setting is well, an inconvenience. Hence, the "feature" request.

    Now, alternative idea - is it possible to have a companion program like GPS Toggle? You could call it Brightness Unlinked Sleep Toggle, or B.U.S.T., for short...

    That's all for now, folks......

    -JerryG

    PS - it IS nifty!
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  15. #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Just press the power button to turn it off immediately.
    Doing that brings up the clock and lock button
  16. saxyjaz's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #416  
    this is working great for me... thank you for the great work
  17. #417  
    Personally, I don't know what you've done, but it works for me. I love the app and now the button doesn't light up on the touchstone either.

    It's great. I previously had to fiddle with it to with the Pre and brightness unlinked on the touchstone to finally get the button to go out. Now the screen and the center button turn off instantly. Great work.
  18. #418  
    Hey there. I've started using homebrew apps just for this specific app! I love the idea. But, Im having issues getting it to work. I downloaded version 0.2.3, and I don't have the touchstone/usb option on the screen??? I can set keyboard and screen brightness, and I have the toggle for running it in the dashboard, but no toggle for touchstone! (and yes, I have tried scrolling down the screen, it won't scroll, and appears as there is nothing else there...) Any help? Also, I'm an oncall employee, and need the phone to work 24/7. When on the touchstone, and a call comes in, will it still ring? Will the screen light up when it's ringing???

    Thanks

    Troy
  19. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by ca416295 View Post
    Hey there. I've started using homebrew apps just for this specific app! I love the idea. But, Im having issues getting it to work. I downloaded version 0.2.3, and I don't have the touchstone/usb option on the screen??? I can set keyboard and screen brightness, and I have the toggle for running it in the dashboard, but no toggle for touchstone! (and yes, I have tried scrolling down the screen, it won't scroll, and appears as there is nothing else there...) Any help? Also, I'm an oncall employee, and need the phone to work 24/7. When on the touchstone, and a call comes in, will it still ring? Will the screen light up when it's ringing???
    You have to have it on the TS, or charger, to see the toggle.

    Yes, it will ring.

    Light up? Never noticed. Try it... pick it up off the TS, and the phone answers automagically, anyway.

    HTH,

    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20.    #420  
    JerryG and Jeking, please try the attached version when you get a chance. (It has to be unzipped first, fyi.) It un-hides the toggle (for JerryG) and I *think* it will keep the screen on like it used to (for Jeking). I'm away from my place and can't test it too much at the moment, but you two know enough about what it should be doing to let me know if I broke something. Anyone else is welcome to install it, btw, theres just a chance I may have broken something again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions