Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    First off thank you for this app. I was hoping this would be possible. Now onto the bug... tried out version 0.1.0. The screen brightness is sticking with the program open or closed which is great. Unfortunately the keyboard gets set to the screen brightness level on opening or closing of the pre no matter if the program is running or not. Half done half to go!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Awesome!
    One suggestion: Can you also add a text entry box for the value? The slider seems to jump a few digits when I land on the value I want. With the text box, I can just enter "75", press enter & have the slider move to that number.

Still a great app! =D
    Added to the todo list. I'll try and put this in within the next couple versions.

Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I downloaded the latest version. I noticed that after a few minutes the keyboard brightness goes to OFF. I want my keyboard on FULL brightness and screen on LOWEST brightness. This is how I had it going with your app, but after a few minutes the keyboard brightness goes to OFF....
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    The screen setting stays but once you slide the keyboard out the kyaboard backlights die until you open up the app again
    This is mentioned in the description above. Its a limitation of the Mojo service calls. I'm working on ways to get around it, but it may take me a while. This is my first WebOS app.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Nope, same problem (I did grab .0.3.0 by mistake but 0.1.0 has the same problem)
    Can you tell me exactly whats not working? Like I mentioned in the description, right now the app saves your settings when you close it, and re-applys them when you open in. Once the app is closed, any sort of "power event" (such as opening/closing the keyboard, powering on/off the display, or not touching anything and having it dim/go into standby) will reset the brightness settings. The newest version fixed these problems for the screen settings, but not the keyboard settings yet.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    First off thank you for this app. I was hoping this would be possible. Now onto the bug... tried out version 0.1.0. The screen brightness is sticking with the program open or closed which is great. Unfortunately the keyboard gets set to the screen brightness level on opening or closing of the pre no matter if the program is running or not. Half done half to go!
    Yup, I know, thanks for the confirmation. I'm working on fixing this, but atm its a limitation of the mojo service calls. I'm trying to find a way to at least fix this problem while the app is open for now. Should be implemented within the next couple versions.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Yup, I know, thanks for the confirmation. I'm working on fixing this, but atm its a limitation of the mojo service calls. I'm trying to find a way to at least fix this problem while the app is open for now. Should be implemented within the next couple versions.
    Is there a way I could put a script in the /etc/event.d folder that would set the keyboard?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    Is there a way I could put a script in the /etc/event.d folder that would set the keyboard?
    I want to find a way to do this without shell access. Right now, the options I've come up with involve leaving the app open. I'm working on 2 things right now; 1. find a better way to set keyboard brightness by searching through the luna binaries for other mojo service calls I could possibly use, and 2. Add handlers in the app for things like the ambient light sensor and opening/closing the keyboard. #1 would be the better way to do things, but I don't know if that options exists. Palm may have not made it possible, meaning I can't do it that way without requiring shell access. So I'm working on #2 so that at the very least the app could be kept open in the background/notification bar, and keep the keyboard brightness set correctly while its open. The app is open source, so you're welcome to open it up and see the luna calls I'm using, and try setting up and event script yourself. I've also posted the info on the wiki, in case that is easier for you.
    Can you add to your Subject Line whether rooting is required as well as add a date for the newest update to the app? It'd be helpful if you followed the same naming convention as the other devs: Name Version# (Date of Update)
    This makes it much easier to know when an update is available for the apps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    The screen setting stays but once you slide the keyboard out the kyaboard backlights die until you open up the app again
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    Right, that is what is happening for me as well, sorry.
    Great app! This is definitely needed for those wind-down times at night. Sadly, I am also experiencing the same issue. The keyboard lights will die after the selected time interval in the Screen settings (not this app). The only fix it to keep your app open and go back to it after it goes dim.
    Doesn't work for me. My phone reverts back to palms app settings after I close and open the keyboard. Both screen brightness and keyboard. I know the keyboard has problems, but the screen doesn't seem to stick either. Using 0.1.0
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Can you add to your Subject Line whether rooting is required as well as add a date for the newest update to the app? It'd be helpful if you followed the same naming convention as the other devs: Name Version# (Date of Update)
    This makes it much easier to know when an update is available for the apps.

Thanks
    I don't have access to change the thread name; it has to be updated by the forum mod. I'll add a date to the subject line of the first post though, sorry about that. There is no root access required for this app, but adding that to the subject line is no longer part of the naming convention.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    Doesn't work for me. My phone reverts back to palms app settings after I close and open the keyboard. Both screen brightness and keyboard. I know the keyboard has problems, but the screen doesn't seem to stick either. Using 0.1.0
    Are you sure the screen is reverting back? I know the keyboard does (as mentioned, working on a fix), but I just tested it out again with the screen and there should be no problems. What exactly is happening with the screen setting? Change it to something, open/close the keyboard, and the screen visibly dims or brightens?
    both my settings revert back too.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    both my settings revert back too.
    For people having this problem, can you give a more descriptive problem? :-)

Basically, describe the exact series of events that ends up in a problem, including the numbers for what your settings are in my app Thanks.

Ex. "I open the normal brightness app and change put the brightness all the way down. Then I open Brightness Unlinked and change the display setting to 100. When I open the keyboard, the display setting goes back to 0 and the display gets dim again, like the setting I had in the normal app."

The above problem shouldn't happen and has been fixed in 0.1.0, which is why I need to see exactly how its breaking for you guys. Thanks.
    as soon as i close my pre and reopen, all settings revert
    well after i wake the phone up(either drag up or open keyboard) the brightness is higher than what it is set for in your app (level 3). it will be brighter than 3 until i reopen your app then it dims again. IIRC the lowest level of the factory app is 10.
    Amazing!!! Keyboard reverts, screen does not...
    Thanks
  15. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    What a brilliant app! Thanks!!!
    Wow, no pun intended, or realized until just now! lol
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
    well after i wake the phone up(either drag up or open keyboard) the brightness is higher than what it is set for in your app (level 3). it will be brighter than 3 until i reopen your app then it dims again. IIRC the lowest level of the factory app is 10.
    That will happen if you change the brightness with my app, change it again in the regular brightness settings, and go back to my app. This is done on purpose so you can use my app like a shortcut to different settings if you want. If you don't change the settings in the normal settings panel, my app will keep the screen brightness to whatever you set it to. If this is not what's happening for you, I need you to describe exactly, step by step, what you are doing so that I can reproduce the bug. See the example I posted. Be as detailed as possible, even if it seems dumb to list out every button pree or everytome you open/close the keyboard, etc. Also make sure to specify open/close the keyboard, because "open/close the phone" could mean turning it on and off. Thanks.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    as soon as i close my pre and reopen, all settings revert
    See above post. I can't help you/fix any problems without more details.
    i have brightness unlinked to set my (screen) brightness 0% and keyboard 100%....after the 30 seconds that i have it to turn off the screen....it reverts back to the default (screen and lock) settings that comes with the pre...and when i press the spacebar the screen lights up to the default (screen and lock) settings but the keyboard turn completely off...the only way to go back the way i was is to close ur app and open screen and lock setting and set it up that way
    cool app
    Very cool app. Will download it again once the resetting bugs get worked out.

Thanks for all your hardwork Zinge!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast