Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Not sure what you're saying... is it working correctly or incorrectly?

I just realized that I only added the new touchstone toggle code to the card, not the dashboard. I'll fix it now.
    Should be fixed now in 0.2.2; uploaded to repo.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Sorry if I was unclear. It's not working at all for me. It goes sleep no matter what I do.
    Should be fixed now in 0.2.2; uploaded to repo.
    wut exactly got fixed in 2.2?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I installed the new version, 0.2.2, but it still sleeps. I've tried running in the dashboard and just leaving the card open. Either way, it sleeps. The previous version, well 0.2.0, worked when I left the card open.
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear. It's not working at all for me. It goes sleep no matter what I do.
    On the touchstone or USB charger? It doesn't do anything for the USB charger yet (the toggle shouldn't even show up).

On the touchstone, if the toggle is set to "On", the phone's display should turn completely off when the phone times out or when you press power. If its set to "Off", the phone should behave how it normally does on the touchstone (when you hit the power button or it times out, it dims and goes to the locked clock screen instead of completely turning off).

Is it not doing this?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    On the touchstone or USB charger? It doesn't do anything for the USB charger yet (the toggle shouldn't even show up).

On the touchstone, if the toggle is set to "On", the phone's display should turn completely off when the phone times out or when you press power. If its set to "Off", the phone should behave how it normally does on the touchstone (when you hit the power button or it times out, it dims and goes to the locked clock screen instead of completely turning off).

Is it not doing this?
    It's on the touchstone and the toggle is set to 'off'. Previously, this would keep the screen on at all times. Is it not supposed to keep the screen on all the time?
  7.    #347  
    It's on the touchstone and the toggle is set to 'off'. Previously, this would keep the screen on at all times. Is it not supposed to keep the screen on all the time?
    Its not supposed to keep the screen on all the time (just being on the touchstone will do that). If you put the phone on the touchstone, set the toggle to "off", and press the power button, what happens? Does the screen go black, or dim and go to locked clock?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Its not supposed to keep the screen on all the time (just being on the touchstone will do that). If you put the phone on the touchstone, set the toggle to "off", and press the power button, what happens? Does the screen go black, or dim and go to locked clock?
    It goes dim, clock and locked.

Am I crazy? Didn't it used to keep the screen on? Or was that a different app I'm thinking of?
    It goes dim, clock and locked.

Am I crazy? Didn't it used to keep the screen on? Or was that a different app I'm thinking of?
    Screen stays on while on the Touchstone if there's ambient light detected by the light sensor. It dims and goes to clock while on the Touchstone if it's dark.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Screen stays on while on the Touchstone if there's ambient light detected by the light sensor. It dims and goes to clock while on the Touchstone if it's dark.
    Is THAT what is. I do have fewer lights on in here today that typically. Thanks for clarifying. While still a possibility, maybe I'm not crazy after all.

Is there a way to force it to stay on?
    hey zinge...the notifications r working well...its waking up the phone very well and when im in another card and receive a notification and i click on the notification it goes to FF and the notification goes away perfectly...ru gonna be implementing when ur in card view and u get a notification for FF and u dont hit the notification but u go to FF by urself....that the notification goes away by itself...ru gonna do that?

Edit: i hope u understand wut im saying...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

12. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    touchstone toggle is working fine for me, including with card closed. i hit the power button while on touchstone and screen turns off. normally, it locks and goes to clock, but it does not get very dim.

wakes up without issue as well. this app is the jam!
    When I use it, it works fine but if the app closes by accident or by restart it will not allow my keyboard to light up untill I restart the app. Dont know if it is a software coding problem or my phones hardware.
  14. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie9506 View Post
    When I use it, it works fine but if the app closes by accident or by restart it will not allow my keyboard to light up untill I restart the app. Dont know if it is a software coding problem or my phones hardware.
    same here, its always been like that. the same thing happens with the "reduce minimum brightness" tweak in WebOS QI, but with that theres no way to bring back the keyboard light.
    Last edited by lvd; 09/20/2009 at 05:12 PM.
  15.    #355  
    Is THAT what is. I do have fewer lights on in here today that typically. Thanks for clarifying. While still a possibility, maybe I'm not crazy after all.

Is there a way to force it to stay on?
    You're not crazy. Previous versions actually did force it to stay on, when I was trying to figure out how to turn the screen off while it was on the touchstone. I can add the option back in if you want. What would be a good way to do it? I'm afraid of somebody hitting the "do not allow sleep" switch, forgetting about it, and killing their phone in an hour or 2 because it never turned the display off. Is it ok if I make it only work while charging? So there would be another toggle that shows up when charging via touchstone or usb and says "Keep display active" or something?
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey zinge...the notifications r working well...its waking up the phone very well and when im in another card and receive a notification and i click on the notification it goes to FF and the notification goes away perfectly...ru gonna be implementing when ur in card view and u get a notification for FF and u dont hit the notification but u go to FF by urself....that the notification goes away by itself...ru gonna do that?

Umm... I have no idea what you said. :-). What is FF?
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie9506 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    same here, its always been like that. the same thing happens with the "reduce minimum brightness" tweak in WebOS QI, but with that theres no way to bring back the keyboard light.
    Its not a hardware or software issue. If you change your screen brightness to anywhere above 20-ish or so and close the app, you will still have a keyboard light, just dimmer. If you have your screen set at 1 and close the app or restart the phone, you are never going to see the keyboard light up because the keyboard light at 1 is so dark that you can't see it.
  18.    #358  
    Its not a hardware or software issue. If you change your screen brightness to anywhere above 20-ish or so and close the app, you will still have a keyboard light, just dimmer. If you have your screen set at 1 and close the app or restart the phone, you are never going to see the keyboard light up because the keyboard light at 1 is so dark that you can't see it.
    Basically, when you close the app or reset the phone, the keyboard light setting defaults to whatever you have the display set to. If the display is set dark enough, you will never see the keyboard light. The reason it seems like this doesn't happen normally is that the screen and lock app only lets you set the brightness of both the display and the keyboard down to 10; my app lets you set the display down to 1 (at which point the keyboard is too dark to see anything).
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post

I think you wanted to post in FriendsFlow and talk with grepper. FriendsFlow FF is the Pre's facebook app.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    You're not crazy. Previous versions actually did force it to stay on, when I was trying to figure out how to turn the screen off while it was on the touchstone. I can add the option back in if you want. What would be a good way to do it? I'm afraid of somebody hitting the "do not allow sleep" switch, forgetting about it, and killing their phone in an hour or 2 because it never turned the display off. Is it ok if I make it only work while charging? So there would be another toggle that shows up when charging via touchstone or usb and says "Keep display active" or something?
    I understand your concern and agree. The only time I want it to stay on is when it's on the touchstone. So yes, if you can set an option like that, it would be great!!