Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
  1. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I've already fixed this, just finishing the code optimization/update stuff before I release the next version. Thanks though.
    awesome!

is there any chance of adding a keyboard brightness tweak to webos quick installer? right now the "reduce minimum brightness" tweak is not very useful because it kills the keyboard backlight if you bring the brightness down.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm loving this app. I find myself using it more and more.

I couldn't find an answer, maybe I missed it. When I set the option to Run app in Dashboard and then close the app, I get the icon at the bottom of the screen. Great. But then my pre goes to sleep. ?? The Allow Sleep while Charging is set to off.

I've been just minimizing the card but shouldn't the screen stay on as along the app is running?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    awesome!

is there any chance of adding a keyboard brightness tweak to webos quick installer? right now the "reduce minimum brightness" tweak is not very useful because it kills the keyboard backlight if you bring the brightness down.
    I believe you'll have to ask Jason, the author of WOSQI, not zinge...

HTH,

-JerryG
  4. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I believe you'll have to ask Jason, the author of WOSQI, not zinge...

HTH,

-JerryG
    yeah, i tried but that thread moves so quickly that stuff gets buried before anyone pays attention to it
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    yeah, i tried but that thread moves so quickly that stuff gets buried before anyone pays attention to it
    Well, I know from personal experience that Jason is very attentive to posts about his software.

I have a feeling that if you've posted, and not seen a reply, it may be because Jason is now back at university (college, to us folk south of Canada), and _IS_ working on getting the kinks out of the latest version of WOSQI...

IMHO, subscribing to that thread is a good idea. You can catch the updates on your Pre!
    Just like I'm subscribed to this thread... LOL

HTH,

-JerryG
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I'm loving this app. I find myself using it more and more.

I couldn't find an answer, maybe I missed it. When I set the option to Run app in Dashboard and then close the app, I get the icon at the bottom of the screen. Great. But then my pre goes to sleep. ?? The Allow Sleep while Charging is set to off.

I've been just minimizing the card but shouldn't the screen stay on as along the app is running?
    It should, but I don't have it working yet, sorry. When I release the next update, I'll fix the allow/not allow sleep while charging through usb. I broke it when I was trying to make the touchstone work.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It should, but I don't have it working yet, sorry. When I release the next update, I'll fix the allow/not allow sleep while charging through usb. I broke it when I was trying to make the touchstone work.
    Cool. I'm glad it wasn't me!
    Zing YOU ARE THE FU*KING MAN!!! I Love that GPS Toggle App
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Zinge, I find myself checking a couple times a day for the next update. Any idea when you might post it?

Thanks!
    Scheduling...

I did a quick check for someone who may have asked for Sched options and found nothing in this message forum in relation to your app, so sorry for the duplicate request if this has already be requested.

Either way, any thoughts on adding a schedule to change brightness of both screen and keyboard by time of day and schedule?

I see this being very hand and would love to have it change the brightness based on what time of day it is. If I need to fine tune it...I can, but having the option would be nice.

Also, is it possible to make the lowest setting on the LCD even lower? The lowest is good, but in a dark room...still brighter then necessary with the lights out.

All for now and keep up the great work... Sorli...
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Scheduling...

I did a quick check for someone who may have asked for Sched options and found nothing in this message forum in relation to your app, so sorry for the duplicate request if this has already be requested.

Either way, any thoughts on adding a schedule to change brightness of both screen and keyboard by time of day and schedule?

I see this being very hand and would love to have it change the brightness based on what time of day it is. If I need to fine tune it...I can, but having the option would be nice.

Also, is it possible to make the lowest setting on the LCD even lower? The lowest is good, but in a dark room...still brighter then necessary with the lights out.

All for now and keep up the great work... Sorli...
    LCD doesn't go any lower; sorry. I'll add scheduling to the TODO list.
  12.    #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    Zinge, I find myself checking a couple times a day for the next update. Any idea when you might post it?

Thanks!
    I'll post the version that fixes the dashboard icon and might help battery life a little bit in a few hours. I don't have the touchstone working yet, its much harder than I thought it would be. I'm still working on it, and working on adding the other features on the todo list, but it may be a little while before an update again. I have to catch up on school and work, I've been falling a little behind trying to work on the app.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I'll post the version that fixes the dashboard icon and might help battery life a little bit in a few hours. I don't have the touchstone working yet, its much harder than I thought it would be. I'm still working on it, and working on adding the other features on the todo list, but it may be a little while before an update again. I have to catch up on school and work, I've been falling a little behind trying to work on the app.
    Cool. I am holding at 0.2.0 because I use my Pre as an alarm so I have it right next to me all night. I put a little blue circle cut out of a Post It to dim the glowing button. Can't wait to try out the new features.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm also eagerly awaiting updates to this app -- and it's worth waiting for! Every time I check this thread, you're adding more and more cool stuff to the to-do list. So thanks for your hard work on this app. You've done a great job. You'll easily be my hero if you get the touchstone part to work.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelisms View Post
    I'm also eagerly awaiting updates to this app -- and it's worth waiting for! Every time I check this thread, you're adding more and more cool stuff to the to-do list. So thanks for your hard work on this app. You've done a great job. You'll easily be my hero if you get the touchstone part to work.
    New version up. Fixes the dashboard icon, fixes some code stuff that was affecting battery life for some people when run in the dashboard, and has a semi-working touchstone toggle again. Read the first post for slightly more info.
    New version up. Fixes the dashboard icon, fixes some code stuff that was affecting battery life for some people when run in the dashboard, and has a semi-working touchstone toggle again. Read the first post for slightly more info.
    not sure if its just me but the dashboard icon looks the same

Edit: nm its working
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/20/2009 at 01:12 AM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if its just me but the dashboard icon looks the same

Edit: nm its working
    Yeah, it seems to cache the icons sometimes. You may have to reload the app a few times or restart the phone for the new icon to show up.
    Yeah, it seems to cache the icons sometimes. You may have to reload the app a few times or restart the phone for the new icon to show up.
    yeah thats exactly wut happened...thanks zinge
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update! The smaller icon is much better. I'm having one problem though, it goes to sleep when on my touchstone when it's running in the background. If I understanding correctly, it shouldn't do that.

edit: If I leave the card minimized (which i did in the previous version) when it sleeps, the entire screen goes dark...no clock, no nothing
    Last edited by Jeking; 09/20/2009 at 09:25 AM.
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Thanks for the update! The smaller icon is much better. I'm having one problem though, it goes to sleep when on my touchstone when it's running in the background. If I understanding correctly, it shouldn't do that.

edit: If I leave the card minimized (which i did in the previous version) when it sleeps, the entire screen goes dark...no clock, no nothing
    Not sure what you're saying... is it working correctly or incorrectly?

I just realized that I only added the new touchstone toggle code to the card, not the dashboard. I'll fix it now.