Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Yes, actually, that is helpful. One of the few events I'm not catching yet is the light sensor. I'll take a look at it later today, thanks.
    well im glad that helped u...hope u can fix that soon
    Look at the function call that the slider is bound to, then look for the Mojo.Service.Request in that function. Within an app, the code is done using a mojo service call, not a luna-send.
    OK so I think I found the segment that makes the external call but I don't appear to know enough about the code to deduce from that where the file is that would be edited to unlink the brightness within webOS. I'm assuming that the mojo thing is doing the luna-send thing or something. So do you know what file I have to look in that the screen and lock app is calling, to change the brightness?

Code:
    handleBrightnessChange: function(event) {
    		if(!event)
    			return;
    		this.screenBrightnessChangedReq = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.display/control', {
    		method: 'setProperty', 
    		onSuccess: function(response) {		   
    		},		
    		parameters:{maximumBrightness:parseInt(event.value)}	
    		});		
    	},
    The touchstone/usb button does nothing at all when you don't have the phone on the touchstone or plugged in through usb. If you do have one of those plugged in, the button will show up, but it is not currently working yet, so the toggle doesn't do a whole lot. If you set it to "Off" and you are charging via USB, it won't let your phone go to sleep. That's about it for now.
    I don't have a problem that. You just keep adding more features that supposedly the preview being in next update only to get better. I think you're doing a great job. Got a donation coming your way.
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    OK so I think I found the segment that makes the external call but I don't appear to know enough about the code to deduce from that where the file is that would be edited to unlink the brightness within webOS. I'm assuming that the mojo thing is doing the luna-send thing or something. So do you know what file I have to look in that the screen and lock app is calling, to change the brightness?

Code:
    handleBrightnessChange: function(event) {
    		if(!event)
    			return;
    		this.screenBrightnessChangedReq = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.display/control', {
    		method: 'setProperty', 
    		onSuccess: function(response) {		   
    		},		
    		parameters:{maximumBrightness:parseInt(event.value)}	
    		});		
    	},
    It doesn't work that way. There is no file that it is calling. That service request in the code above is what is changing the brightness. There is no file/setting to "unlink" the brightness. If there was, my app wouldn't be needed. Sorry I can't really help more.
    It doesn't work that way. There is no file that it is calling. That service request in the code above is what is changing the brightness. There is no file/setting to "unlink" the brightness. If there was, my app wouldn't be needed. Sorry I can't really help more.
    I don't get it then cause you use luna-send so the OS also has to be using that somewhere. Perhaps this is a call to a binary file then and thus is hard coded? Out of curiosity did you experiment with integrating what your app does into the screen and lock app? I'm trying to understand how things work as I plan to code apps for webOS. Specifically working with things much in the way the brightness and notification apps work but for other aspects.
  6.    #306  
    I don't get it then cause you use luna-send so the OS also has to be using that somewhere. Perhaps this is a call to a binary file then and thus is hard coded? Out of curiosity did you experiment with integrating what your app does into the screen and lock app? I'm trying to understand how things work as I plan to code apps for webOS. Specifically working with things much in the way the brightness and notification apps work but for other aspects.
    No; within an app, a Mojo.Service.Request IS a luna-send call. My app cannot be integrated with the screen and lock app.
    No; within an app, a Mojo.Service.Request IS a luna-send call. My app cannot be integrated with the screen and lock app.
    I'm one step closer to understanding how this stuff works. I'm still wondering where they are calling to. Like for example in C++ if you are using cout or cin they are routines in another file. Mojo.Service.Request and luna-send appear to be similar calls to exterior routines this is the part I'm trying to understand. Obviously I don't have availability of taking a college course to learn this level of detail so best I can do is ask those who have worked with the stuff to explain it to me. Thank you for your help thus far in understanding how things work.
  8.    #308  
    I'm one step closer to understanding how this stuff works. I'm still wondering where they are calling to. Like for example in C++ if you are using cout or cin they are routines in another file. Mojo.Service.Request and luna-send appear to be similar calls to exterior routines this is the part I'm trying to understand. Obviously I don't have availability of taking a college course to learn this level of detail so best I can do is ask those who have worked with the stuff to explain it to me. Thank you for your help thus far in understanding how things work.
    It depends on the URI of the luna-send/Service.Request command. They are calls to dbus services; depending on the URI, the services are in different places. Mostly they are either within the LunaSysMgr binary or java binaries. Type "dbus-util --list" on the command line to see the list of installed dbus services on your pre.
    It depends on the URI of the luna-send/Service.Request command. They are calls to dbus services; depending on the URI, the services are in different places. Mostly they are either within the LunaSysMgr binary or java binaries. Type "dbus-util --list" on the command line to see the list of installed dbus services on your pre.
    I guess I have my homework cut out for me then on those two things. Is the best place for text book style learning details on luna-send and Mojo.Service.Request on palms site. I typically learn programming using text books or online resources that are designed like text books. Once beyond that I use reference sites that assume you already know a certain level of knowledge.
  10.    #310  
    I guess I have my homework cut out for me then on those two things. Is the best place for text book style learning details on luna-send and Mojo.Service.Request on palms site. I typically learn programming using text books or online resources that are designed like text books. Once beyond that I use reference sites that assume you already know a certain level of knowledge.
    You can try palms site; look at "Services". Other than that, I have no idea. I'm making up most of what I'm doing as I go along. All the calls I'm using are undocumented api stuff.
    hey zinge hows the touchstone sleep thing going? also is the light sensor gonna be fixed in the future?
  12.    #312  
    Working on it; slowly. The touchstone thing is waaayy more complicated than I thought it would be, but I'm trying a few different options. I don't know if I can fix the light sensor... I've been trying but I can't see any sort of signal from it yet. Does anybody know where on the phone (physically) the light sensor is located? I can't seem to reliably make it work when I put it under a light and then turn it off.
    ive never known where the light sensor....could it be part of the screen?
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ive never known where the light sensor....could it be part of the screen?
    I found near where the sensor is. and if I put it up to the light I can see the call that lowers/raises the brightness, but there is no "light sensor event" sent out that I can latch on to... If you know of any app that uses the light sensor, I could try and figure out how they are doing it, but at this point it is completely undocumented, and the device test app doesn't even have code for it (uses what is already built in without calling a function), so I have no idea how to access the sensor. I'll play around with it and see what I can find.
    I found near where the sensor is. and if I put it up to the light I can see the call that lowers/raises the brightness, but there is no "light sensor event" sent out that I can latch on to... If you know of any app that uses the light sensor, I could try and figure out how they are doing it, but at this point it is completely undocumented, and the device test app doesn't even have code for it (uses what is already built in without calling a function), so I have no idea how to access the sensor. I'll play around with it and see what I can find.
    read here....
    Re: Ambient light sensor - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Community
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Time to hack around through the camera app... I'll let you know if I get anywhere, thanks.
    Time to hack around through the camera app... I'll let you know if I get anywhere, thanks.
    ur welcome man
  18.    #318  
    Just went through all of the camera code, and there is nothing at all about the light sensor. The flash is set through the camera server, which I don't have any access to. Oh well. I'll try and find some other way to read it.
  19. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    im sorry if somebody mentioned this already, but it would be cool to have a smaller icon for the dashboard area. currently it uses the same icon as in the launcher, and it gets cut off and looks bad.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by lvd View Post
    im sorry if somebody mentioned this already, but it would be cool to have a smaller icon for the dashboard area. currently it uses the same icon as in the launcher, and it gets cut off and looks bad.
    I've already fixed this, just finishing the code optimization/update stuff before I release the next version. Thanks though.