Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    You have to unzip it first. I can't upload ipk's to the forum.
    OUCH! I didn't notice that...

Thanks again!

-JerryG
    Sorry about the icon thing. I forget that the version running on my phone is an update ahead of the one I release ('cause I test the app on the phone). The dash icon has been fix, as have a couple other small layout issues.

As far as the battery goes; I really don't know whether its just the keyboard led or something in my code. Try installing the attached update and see if it helps any. I'm not releasing it on the feed until I get the touchstone working, but it has some slight code changes that should help in the case that it is my code causing battery problems. Let me know if it helps any.

I'm running it on my phone all day today as well. I'll let you know how my battery life is.
    Thanks for the update. I replaced the ipk and notice the icon change. This is nice! But when I first installed it and ran it for the first time in USB/Touchstone option "allow sleep while charging was" was already switched off. I don't even own a touchstone charger. But it went to sleep anyway. hmm, wonder why it does that. But I don't even care for this feature. I'm just reporting it to you so you'd know. That's all. Other than that.. the only useful feature is "Run app in dashboard" so when I'm done with it. I simply tap the dashboard to switch it OFF then I close it.

My only request in addition to your app: Can you make a tweak on the home screen where I tap on the top of the screen where it drop out options wifi, bluetooth, turn off airplane mode, simply add it on there so I dont have to scroll looking for this app? This would be a nice touch for those who want less scrolling. Not a big deal. If you can't do it then don't bother anyway, Thanks.

Originally Posted by scottf624
    My one complaint, is the notification bar, when i slide it to close the notification, the app pops up, I hate things in the notification area and every other notification when I slide it, just makes it go away, I would think that is what's needed. I'm a Set it and Forget person, if I need to make a change to it, then I'd much rather have to go in and reopen the app to make the changes.
    First of all.. You said it yourself. "Set it and forget it" until you're done using it. Simple as that. I would rather have much more sense to know that the dashboard serves as a shortcut as well as any type of notification. Try running any other apps that uses background services such as Sprint Nav, or Pandora app. Then you will know how the palm pre works. I'm assuming you've just purchased one recently?
    Umm.... huh?

Sorry. What are you asking exactly?
    What I'm asking is the screen & lock app has the brightness slider but the luna-send call to set the brightness isn't in the same code file as the slider code, so I wanted to know what file is actually telling luna to set the brightness to what the slider in screen and lock is set to? My idea is to integrate all these little homebrew apps into the official apps as a modification rather than apps.
    Hey zinge ur app works gr8 and now ever since ur latest update I use it 90% of the times...I have minor issues but don't know wuts causing them...I have set the screen all the way down and keyboard all the way up...many of the times when I put my pre to sleep and wake it up the settings that I put work gr8 but sometimes it doesn't...and the only way to fix it is to click the background notification and open the app and goes back to wut I want it...sometimes randomly also the keyboard doesn't light up and have to do the same thing...sorry if its not enough info...thanx if you can get it fixed
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is there any way to have it running with out the notification on the bottom of the screen? Switcherroo runs and there is no notification of it running??
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    is there any way to have it running with out the notification on the bottom of the screen? Switcherroo runs and there is no notification of it running??
    Greatly Simplified Answer (as I don't know all the technical details):

This can't be done, given the current state of WebOS, and the SDK. There's no provision for a user application to run totally in the background (as a service). It seems that Switcheroo sets up a scheduled task, and that runs at the interval you set. BU would have to run a scheduled task way too often, possibly beyond the resolution of the scheduler.

@zinge, please correct me if I've made any (big) mistakes here...

HTH,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    oh ok that makes sense then. I appreciate the update!!!
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Greatly Simplified Answer (as I don't know all the technical details):

This can't be done, given the current state of WebOS, and the SDK. There's no provision for a user application to run totally in the background (as a service). It seems that Switcheroo sets up a scheduled task, and that runs at the interval you set. BU would have to run a scheduled task way too often, possibly beyond the resolution of the scheduler.

@zinge, please correct me if I've made any (big) mistakes here...

HTH,

-JerryG
    That's a perfect explanation, actually. The smallest interval I could do it by in the scheduler is 5 mins, which obviously wouldn't work at all for this app.
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey zinge ur app works gr8 and now ever since ur latest update I use it 90% of the times...I have minor issues but don't know wuts causing them...I have set the screen all the way down and keyboard all the way up...many of the times when I put my pre to sleep and wake it up the settings that I put work gr8 but sometimes it doesn't...and the only way to fix it is to click the background notification and open the app and goes back to wut I want it...sometimes randomly also the keyboard doesn't light up and have to do the same thing...sorry if its not enough info...thanx if you can get it fixed
    Instead of clicking the notification and opening the app, try sliding the keyboard open and closed and see if that helps.
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    What I'm asking is the screen & lock app has the brightness slider but the luna-send call to set the brightness isn't in the same code file as the slider code, so I wanted to know what file is actually telling luna to set the brightness to what the slider in screen and lock is set to? My idea is to integrate all these little homebrew apps into the official apps as a modification rather than apps.
    Look at the function call that the slider is bound to, then look for the Mojo.Service.Request in that function. Within an app, the code is done using a mojo service call, not a luna-send.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    My only request in addition to your app: Can you make a tweak on the home screen where I tap on the top of the screen where it drop out options wifi, bluetooth, turn off airplane mode, simply add it on there so I dont have to scroll looking for this app? This would be a nice touch for those who want less scrolling. Not a big deal. If you can't do it then don't bother anyway, Thanks.
    Can't do it. That would require modifying WebOS system files. Sorry.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    oh ok that makes sense then. I appreciate the update!!!
    My pleasure!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Instead of clicking the notification and opening the app, try sliding the keyboard open and closed and see if that helps.
    Is that gonna be an only fix bc this happens a lot when the keyboard is already open...
    That would be awesome.. set the time and u leave it so the back light dimmed by day, and bright by nite!

I love the notification so that doesn't bother me. If you want it to run in background while app is running. Simply turn background services OFF and leave it in card view until you're done. PooF! the notifications are gone!
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/12/2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Is that gonna be an only fix bc this happens a lot when the keyboard is already open...

I think I mentioned this before in my previous post
    in USB/Touchstone option "allow sleep while charging was" was already switched off. I don't even own a touchstone charger. But it went to sleep anyway. hmm, wonder why it does that.
    I had mine plugged in with usb cable.. if I'm typing and touching the screen the BU app is always working for me.. But you have to remember in screen and lock app, my screen is set to turn off after: 1minute so I already knew the BU had nothing to do with it. It didn't bother me but apparently it does for some.. I think maybe the touchstone/usb button is just not working. I never used this option so IDK. Curious?... try switching it ON and see what happens.. looks like it only works when you're charging.
  16.    #296  
    I have never had the problem you are describing, so you need to give me more information. The screen will still dim, and then turn off with whatever timeout you ahve set in the screen and lock app. But when you turn it back on, if BU is running in the dashboard or in a card, it will go back to your current BU brightness settings. When is this not happening for you?
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    I think I mentioned this before in my previous post

I had mine plugged in with usb cable.. if I'm typing and touching the screen the BU app is always working for me.. But you have to remember in screen and lock app, my screen is set to turn off after: 1minute so I already knew the BU had nothing to do with it. It didn't bother me but apparently it does for some.. I think maybe the touchstone/usb button is just not working. I never used this option so IDK. Curious?... try switching it ON and see what happens.. looks like it only works when you're charging.
    The touchstone/usb button does nothing at all when you don't have the phone on the touchstone or plugged in through usb. If you do have one of those plugged in, the button will show up, but it is not currently working yet, so the toggle doesn't do a whole lot. If you set it to "Off" and you are charging via USB, it won't let your phone go to sleep. That's about it for now.
    I have never had the problem you are describing, so you need to give me more information. The screen will still dim, and then turn off with whatever timeout you ahve set in the screen and lock app. But when you turn it back on, if BU is running in the dashboard or in a card, it will go back to your current BU brightness settings. When is this not happening for you?
    I'll let you know when it happens to me...the only fix I got right now when it does is closing the keyboard and opening it again but I'll pay attention more closely when it happens again

Edit: bc i never have a problem when it goes to sleep and when i wake it up it goes back to the setting i had....WHEN im in a dark room only or in a bright room only....it happened when i moved from a dark to a bright room...not sure if thats enough info
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/12/2009 at 12:19 PM.
    wow it just happened again....but i think it happened while i was moving from a dark room to a room to a room that was bright? does that have to do with anything?
  20.    #300  
    wow it just happened again....but i think it happened while i was moving from a dark room to a room to a room that was bright? does that have to do with anything?
    Yes, actually, that is helpful. One of the few events I'm not catching yet is the light sensor. I'll take a look at it later today, thanks.