Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Great work getting it to work from the Dashboard! This has always been one of my favorite apps & now that it works without neeeding to keep the card open it's just about perfect!
    Thanks for all your updates. I like how the keyboard stays lit beyond the typical 30 seconds or so, but I have another suggestion...

Is there any way for there to be an option for the keyboard to dim after a certain amount of time of not using the keyboard? I may have the keyboard slid open but havent used it in a while, so I dont need the keyboard to stay lit when not using it. And then you just need to press ANY key to have the keyboard to light up again. Is this possible?

thanks again for all your hard work!
    Adam
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    when it turns off. can you get them to revert back to original screen and keyboard back light settings?
    Actually, thats a really good idea. I'll work on seeing if I can add that in to the next update as well.
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Thanks for all your updates. I like how the keyboard stays lit beyond the typical 30 seconds or so, but I have another suggestion...

Is there any way for there to be an option for the keyboard to dim after a certain amount of time of not using the keyboard? I may have the keyboard slid open but havent used it in a while, so I dont need the keyboard to stay lit when not using it. And then you just need to press ANY key to have the keyboard to light up again. Is this possible?

thanks again for all your hard work!
    Adam
    Is it possible? Yes. couple other things are priorities first though, but I'll add it to the list of Todo's.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmmm, if I toss the dashboard notification aside, the card pops up. Can't say I've ever seen that one before.
    Now that I think about it, it is a little weird. Next update will make tossing the dashboard notification just minimize it again, instead of opening the card. You will have to tap the notification or click the icon in the launcher to open the card again. I like that way better.
    What file does webOS make the luna-send calls to set the brightnesses in? I was thinking much of this kind of stuff could be integrated into a modified version of the webOS apps.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Now that I think about it, it is a little weird. Next update will make tossing the dashboard notification just minimize it again, instead of opening the card. You will have to tap the notification or click the icon in the launcher to open the card again. I like that way better.
    This is proving to be a lot hard than it should be to fix. It may or may not be in the next update, but I am working on it.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    What file does webOS make the luna-send calls to set the brightnesses in? I was thinking much of this kind of stuff could be integrated into a modified version of the webOS apps.
    Umm.... huh?

Sorry. What are you asking exactly?
    Actually, thats a really good idea. I'll work on seeing if I can add that in to the next update as well.
    Dude, I tell ya I been using this version most of the day today I can't tell you how much It helped me manage indoor and outdoor. Since I travel alot. Thing is.. when I have this running in background.. somehow it killing the battery quicker than shoutcast app or sprint nav app. Even if I have keyboard and screen settings set very low (like..0..zero) how come???
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Had the same battery issue today. Had it dash for about an hour. My phone was asleep at least half of that time. Noticed a HUGE drain from 90s to 40s%.
    Also it seemed like it was on a time limit or something. It would be in dash and my keyboard would go dim even when set brighter. Then I would have to wake up the app itself for it to work properly.
    I totally dig this app and hope these issues can be resolved.. .

I run my screen around 20 and keys around 65 fyi.
  11.    #271  
    Dude, I tell ya I been using this version most of the day today I can't tell you how much It helped me manage indoor and outdoor. Since I travel alot. Thing is.. when I have this running in background.. somehow it killing the battery quicker than shoutcast app or sprint nav app. Even if I have keyboard and screen settings set very low (like..0..zero) how come???
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Had the same battery issue today. Had it dash for about an hour. My phone was asleep at least half of that time. Noticed a HUGE drain from 90s to 40s%.
    Also it seemed like it was on a time limit or something. It would be in dash and my keyboard would go dim even when set brighter. Then I would have to wake up the app itself for it to work properly.
    I totally dig this app and hope these issues can be resolved.. .

I run my screen around 20 and keys around 65 fyi.
    Keyboard dims when screen dims. Just touch the screen and it will come back. As for the battery thing... are you sure there isn't anything else causing battery issues? Were you having any problems with the old version when you kept the card running in the background, or just the new one when the dashboard is running in the background?

I need to go through and optimize a bunch of my code, but even as is it shouldn't be killing the battery at all... there is no polling; only Mojo.Service.Request subscriptions. I'll take a look and see if there is anything I missed. Let me know if it was working before as a card, or if it was giving you batter problems with the old version as well.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I actually quit using it until the dash update. Leaving cards open like that bugged me..
    Did a test again. My guess: the keyboard set bright is just a battery sucker in general. Not because of BU. I'm thinkin that may be why Palm has it set at a seemingly lower level than the screen. No need for a super bright screen for me at anytime but having it set around 20, the keys are way too dim.
    The sleep thing only happened once but I remember that happened all the time with initial release. That seems fine now.. .
    Question: is the dash icon making the screen smaller than having a sms or email icon there? Hard to tell and may just look that way because its bigger than both and is cut off.
    (man, just typing this on my Pre my battery dropped 8% @ 20S 70K setting.. Bummer)
    Keyboard dims when screen dims. Just touch the screen and it will come back. As for the battery thing... are you sure there isn't anything else causing battery issues? Were you having any problems with the old version when you kept the card running in the background, or just the new one when the dashboard is running in the background?

I need to go through and optimize a bunch of my code, but even as is it shouldn't be killing the battery at all... there is no polling; only Mojo.Service.Request subscriptions. I'll take a look and see if there is anything I missed. Let me know if it was working before as a card, or if it was giving you batter problems with the old version as well.
    All day I was on the road I had sprint nav app and shoutcast running at the same time. Today I leave the BU app running in background I wasn't even paying attention. But I get the most about 9 hours between charges (in and out of my car) every day. But my car charger doesn't charge full power like the wall chargers do. It car charger only helps keep the pre from losing a charge. Today I leave the BU app running in background (or dash, should I say?) and every time I get out of the car and come back in 20-30mins I lose about 20% of charge. That's too fast for me that's when I realize I needed to close the app immediately to keep it from draining my battery as I couldn't survive the rest of my day without it. By 2pm I was already down by 23%. Usually I'm at 63%.

Also, you should know I always do remember to close sprint nav and shoutcast before I get out of the car to preserve the battery.
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I actually quit using it until the dash update. Leaving cards open like that bugged me..
    Did a test again. My guess: the keyboard set bright is just a battery sucker in general. Not because of BU. I'm thinkin that may be why Palm has it set at a seemingly lower level than the screen. No need for a super bright screen for me at anytime but having it set around 20, the keys are way too dim.
    The sleep thing only happened once but I remember that happened all the time with initial release. That seems fine now.. .
    Question: is the dash icon making the screen smaller than having a sms or email icon there? Hard to tell and may just look that way because its bigger than both and is cut off.
    (man, just typing this on my Pre my battery dropped 8% @ 20S 70K setting.. Bummer)
    All day I was on the road I had sprint nav app and shoutcast running at the same time. Today I leave the BU app running in background I wasn't even paying attention. But I get the most about 9 hours between charges (in and out of my car) every day. But my car charger doesn't charge full power like the wall chargers do. It car charger only helps keep the pre from losing a charge. Today I leave the BU app running in background (or dash, should I say?) and every time I get out of the car and come back in 20-30mins I lose about 20% of charge. That's too fast for me that's when I realize I needed to close the app immediately to keep it from draining my battery as I couldn't survive the rest of my day without it. By 2pm I was already down by 23%. Usually I'm at 63%.

Also, you should know I always do remember to close sprint nav and shoutcast before I get out of the car to preserve the battery.
    Sorry about the icon thing. I forget that the version running on my phone is an update ahead of the one I release ('cause I test the app on the phone). The dash icon has been fix, as have a couple other small layout issues.

As far as the battery goes; I really don't know whether its just the keyboard led or something in my code. Try installing the attached update and see if it helps any. I'm not releasing it on the feed until I get the touchstone working, but it has some slight code changes that should help in the case that it is my code causing battery problems. Let me know if it helps any.

I'm running it on my phone all day today as well. I'll let you know how my battery life is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @zinge, FYI -

jerryg@gandalf:~/Documents/Palm/Pre$ palm-install -d usb com.palm.app.brightnessunlinked_0.2.1_all.zip
    [SNIP]
    palm-install: FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT
    jerryg@gandalf:~/Documents/Palm/Pre$

Downloaded again, same result...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Would it be possible to adjust via numeric input?

The sliders are not repeatably accurate with my Fat Fingers (tm)

TIA,

-JerryG
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @zinge, FYI -

jerryg@gandalf:~/Documents/Palm/Pre$ palm-install -d usb com.palm.app.brightnessunlinked_0.2.1_all.zip
    [SNIP]
    palm-install: FAILED_PACKAGEFILE_CORRUPT
    jerryg@gandalf:~/Documents/Palm/Pre$

Downloaded again, same result...
    You have to unzip it first. I can't upload ipk's to the forum.
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Would it be possible to adjust via numeric input?

The sliders are not repeatably accurate with my Fat Fingers (tm)

TIA,

-JerryG
    Its on the todo list. I'm having a little trouble with the textbox widget. It will be there eventually.
    I love the app, thank you very much for a much needed app. When I first read someone had requested this function in one of the forums, I thought why? but now that I use it I definitely see why, its wonderful.

My one complaint, is the notification bar, when i slide it to close the notification, the app pops up, I hate things in the notification area and every other notification when I slide it, just makes it go away, I would think that is what's needed. I'm a Set it and Forget person, if I need to make a change to it, then I'd much rather have to go in and reopen the app to make the changes.
  20.    #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottf624 View Post
    I love the app, thank you very much for a much needed app. When I first read someone had requested this function in one of the forums, I thought why? but now that I use it I definitely see why, its wonderful.

My one complaint, is the notification bar, when i slide it to close the notification, the app pops up, I hate things in the notification area and every other notification when I slide it, just makes it go away, I would think that is what's needed. I'm a Set it and Forget person, if I need to make a change to it, then I'd much rather have to go in and reopen the app to make the changes.
    Due to restrictions in the operating system, the program will not run without an icon in the dashboard. I'm working now on getting it to minimize the dashboard again when you toss it instead of reopening the card. At least that way when it pops up, you can toss it and it will go back down.