Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i set my screen brightness to 0 and my keyboard to 25% but the keyboard still isnt lighting up, am i doing something wrong?
    Not really... try setting the keyboard higher, or looking at it in a dark room. The keyboard brightness tends to be relatively muted even at the highest settings; just a consequence of the hardware (the type of leds they used).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    The new update fixes the problems with dim and sleep cycles as long as the app is open. The touchstone thing is being worked on, but I DON'T HAVE A TOUCHSTONE (not yelling, just trying to make that really clear) :-). I agree that the touchstone seems cool. If you have the $43 bucks plus shipping plus whatever the backplate and extra wall charger cost, I would be glad to accept your donation of a touchstone (or the money to buy one) so I can make my app more helpful to you.
    Zinge, this next payday (Friday) I will donate.

Brad L.
    Last edited by mbloflin; 09/08/2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Typo
    jbennet- thanks for the capture; I'm looking through it now, and I have another idea of something I can try to make it work.

People who want 1.2 till I get the touchstone working: I just zipped it up (won't let us upload ipk's to the forum posts anymore) and attached it to this post. Sorry about that; I'll let you know once I have a new update that *actually* works correctly.

Also, just to let you guys know, it looks like I need about $45 more from people who want to donate towards the "buy a touchstone so I can fix the sleep button" fund :-). If I can get that number a little lower, I'll go out and grab one. (I'm sorry to make this a money issue, but as no one in my area seems to have one I can borrow, and I'm a poor college student, etc., etc...)

I will continue to work on having the app run in the dashboard when I have some free time this week.

Also, I'm trying to keep up with all the new homebrew/app catalog apps that come out, but if anyone happens to find one that does run completely in the background (no banner/dashboard/card), I can try to look at the code/talk to the developer and see how they are doing it. The only caveat is it can't be the Phone app (obviously coded specially and integrates with the OS more than other apps), and can't be anything similar to Mail/Switcharoo/Package Tracking App/etc. (these all have specific updates times, like 5min, 10min, etc, and are done in a way that won't work with my app).
    Thanks for giving us the ipk that works for the Touchstone. I'll send a little something, something in appreciation for your talent. To be able to sleep w/o covering up my Pre or putting it in another room is awesome.
    This is so practical. At the moment I have a piece of cardboard to block the light at night. It unfortunately will not work on my touchstone. Maybe just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    This is so practical. At the moment I have a piece of cardboard to block the light at night. It unfortunately will not work on my touchstone. Maybe just me?
    Try previous build 0.1.2. I've given you a link to post #244, where it's located and it does work with the Touchstone.
  6.    #246  
    I put a lot of time in today, and finished up a version that now runs in the dashboard. However, the touchstone toggle hasn't been fixed yet, but hopefully will be soon. (Thanks to a generous donation, I was close enough to the $$ goal that I just went ahead and ordered one. It should be showing up on Friday.)

My question is: Should I post the updated version with the dashboard but a non-working touchstone button, or should I keep working on some other features/fixes while I wait for the touchstone to show up, and post it once I fix the button?

I'm pretty sure you'll just want me to post what I have now, but I wanted to make sure before a bunch of people try the new version and say "The touchstone button still doesn't work!"
    I put a lot of time in today, and finished up a version that now runs in the dashboard. However, the touchstone toggle hasn't been fixed yet, but hopefully will be soon. (Thanks to a generous donation, I was close enough to the $$ goal that I just went ahead and ordered one. It should be showing up on Friday.)

My question is: Should I post the updated version with the dashboard but a non-working touchstone button, or should I keep working on some other features/fixes while I wait for the touchstone to show up, and post it once I fix the button?

I'm pretty sure you'll just want me to post what I have now, but I wanted to make sure before a bunch of people try the new version and say "The touchstone button still doesn't work!"
    u should post it...but just in big letters say the touchstone button doesnt work....ur choice
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'll take it with dashboard mode, as is, please!
    And a side of onion rings! Oops, wrong venue...

Cheers,

-JerryG
  9.    #249  
    September 8th Update (0.2.0): Adds the ability to run the app in the dashboard (background). The touchstone toggle to allow sleep is not fixed yet. I'm getting a touchstone this weekend and should be able to fix it soon. I also fixed the app menu, which I had broken accidentally.

Next update will hopefully fix the touchstone toggle.
  10.    #250  
    September 8th Update (0.2.0): Adds the ability to run the app in the dashboard (background). The touchstone toggle to allow sleep is not fixed yet. I'm getting a touchstone this weekend and should be able to fix it soon. I also fixed the app menu, which I had broken accidentally.

Next update will hopefully fix the touchstone toggle.
    Just downloaded via PreWare and realizzed the minimized dashboard icon is sized wrong. I'll fix it when I get back to a computer. Otherwise, everything except the touchstone works for me. Let me know if it works for you guys.
    wow zinge u really did awesome in this background service thing...it works gr8!!!
    Yeah good work. No more keeping MyTether open and having two extra cards. Thanks.
  13.    #253  
    I have a new version that fixes the oddly-sized icon in the dashboard, makes it grayscale to fit the other dashboard icons better, and fixes the layout a bit, but I'm gonna wait to upload that till I fix the touchstone.
    I have a new version that fixes the oddly-sized icon in the dashboard, makes it grayscale to fit the other dashboard icons better, and fixes the layout a bit, but I'm gonna wait to upload that till I fix the touchstone.
    no problem....i dont mind waiting...good job zinge!
    Hmmm, if I toss the dashboard notification aside, the card pops up. Can't say I've ever seen that one before.
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmmm, if I toss the dashboard notification aside, the card pops up. Can't say I've ever seen that one before.
    yes, I did that on purpose. :-). Since I can't make it run without the dashboard tab, I didn't want people to be able to accidentally close the background service. This way, you have to purposefully change the setting toggle to get it to turn off.
    yes, I did that on purpose. :-). Since I can't make it run without the dashboard tab, I didn't want people to be able to accidentally close the background service. This way, you have to purposefully change the setting toggle to get it to turn off.
    when it turns off. can you get them to revert back to original screen and keyboard back light settings?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Zinge!

Way to get things dialed in.. .

I never liked how the screen and keyboard are linked. They always seemed off balance to me, ie. I like my screen setting to be on the dimmer side but the keys needed to be brighter. (especially since the hardware on the keyboard was done poorly with the inconsistent lines that show up underneath the keys when dimly lit.)

Great job
    Cant wait for this weekends update!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @zinge -

Thanks again!

-JerryG