Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    I have not been following the thread... I just tried 1.2 and set the keyboard to be full. When IO closed the keyboard the setting went away just like the older version. Is this still normal?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Trick if you have My Tether: Under options on My Tether, there is an option to Disable Screen Timer. If you do this, then use the option to turn off the screen it seems to stick (at least for 10 minutes, did not wait longer.)
    prubin's trick does work.
    this app is dope
    This is a very handy little app. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I have not been following the thread... I just tried 1.2 and set the keyboard to be full. When IO closed the keyboard the setting went away just like the older version. Is this still normal?
    yes unless you leave the program card open and running the background - at least that's how it works for me.
    im not sure if i understand correctly but when i have the program open i got the kb set to max this works perfectly until i close the app then the kb will not light up at all. This im not liking so much, i would like for it to at least go back to stock brightness if the app is closed, is this how this app works or is something wrong here???
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Mine only works when I launch it and use until phone goes to sleep. Even when I wake it up and the app is still launched, I have to maximize the card, (still no response), then actually re-adjust either of the two light levels to get app to respond again. Leaving on in the background does nothing if you allow the phone to sleep...

*EDIT*
    Also, if I load the app, adjust settings and toss the card, it will still work... . . Until my phone sleeps then it's gone.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 08/28/2009 at 12:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Mine only works when I launch it and use until phone goes to sleep. Even when I wake it up and the app is still launched, I have to maximize the card, (still no response), then actually re-adjust either of the two light levels to get app to respond again. Leaving on in the background does nothing if you allow the phone to sleep...
    see mine stll works sleepin or not as long as i dont throw the card away however if the app is not runnin i have no keyboard lights so its somewhat annoying, wondering if anyone else is having my problems
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbruton View Post
    Here's the problem I'm having with this app. 1) I don't get the button turn the screen off when it's on the touchstone. I've installed it twice and deleted it twice. 2) On each time I've removed it, my touchstone has quit working and I've had to rebuild my pre. Now I'll wait for 2 more rev's before trying again
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    Zinge, thank you for taking the time to create and share this app. I use it daily. Is it possible to get the screen dimmer than the "1" setting?
    hbruton: I don't know what the problem with your touchstone is, but its not my app. Open the app, THEN put your phone on the touchstone. If the button doesn't show up, you have a problem with your touchstone..

msgott: Sorry. I tried lower numbers than "1", but 0 doesn't help and "-1" is used for turning off the screen. Anything lower than "-1" doesn't do anything. There might be some other way to make the screen even darker, but it would involve some linux hacking, and can't be done from my app.

Everyone else: still working on fixing the touchstone button and getting the app to run in the background. I'll let you know when I get something.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Everyone else: still working on fixing the touchstone button and getting the app to run in the background. I'll let you know when I get something.
    This may be a stupid idea, but would launching the app in a screen session help with this? I see screen is available via optware.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by touser View Post
    This may be a stupid idea, but would launching the app in a screen session help with this? I see screen is available via optware.
    Nope, but thanks. I have the concept down on how I'm running it in the background, I just need time to get the code working.
    When I put my phone on the TS i only get a button when the app is open

Is there anyway to get a global Confirm window to shut the screen off vs having to load the app every time i put the pre on the TS?
    0.1.2 Touchstone

Turn off screen works correctly. However the middle button light remains on when I lift it from the touchstone. Hitting the power button makes it say on for 10 more sec. If I put it on the touchstone it does turn off. I think proper behavior should be to turn the light off on a touchstone removal.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I think enough has been said. This app has potential. But as of 0.1.2 it is broken.

I try to use it everyday and the benefit is so fleeting that at this point it is not worth using. I would think Palm will include this in the system Brightness setting at some point.

Zinge, I know you are doing this in your free time, but could you please give it an update even if only something small so we can help you troubleshoot it further step by step.

I (we) do appreciate your work so far. Maybe you could pass on your work so far to someone you know of who could move it forward if you don't have time right now.

Brad L.
    Last edited by mbloflin; 09/02/2009 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    I try to use it everyday and the benefit is so fleeting that at this point it is not worth using.
    Weird, I've had it open pretty much constantly since it was released, and it always turns on the keyboard light when I want it to. I don't use the screen off while on Touchstone feature though, so maybe that's what's not working?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Weird, I've had it open pretty much constantly since it was released, and it always turns on the keyboard light when I want it to. I don't use the screen off while on Touchstone feature though, so maybe that's what's not working?
    Leaving an app running all the time is a hassle and in the long run not going to happen for most people. I tried leaving it running but still had to constantly bring it forward and fiddle with it to have the keyboard brighten up then within moments (after a sleep cycle) it would be dim again. As far as the screen off Touchstone feature, I do use that sometimes, but the bright button glowing in a dark room is intolerable for me, so I have to cover it up with something, negating the purpose of the app, i.e. - not having to cover it up while on the Touchstone.

BTW, the Touchstone is the bomb. It's makes you feel even more like you have a special uber-cool device. Hard to explain, but it really adds tangible value to your experience. Definitely worth the $43 bucks.
    Leaving an app running all the time is a hassle and in the long run not going to happen for most people. I tried leaving it running but still had to constantly bring it forward and fiddle with it to have the keyboard brighten up then within moments (after a sleep cycle) it would be dim again. .
    I have this app open at all times...it's great. And you don't have to "fiddle with it to have the keyboard brighten up"... just close and reopen the keyboard. takes about .5 seconds to do and gives you a nicely lit keyboard!
    Leaving an app running all the time is a hassle and in the long run not going to happen for most people
    ... Excuse me but I thought that was the whole POINT of the card system. I see now that nobody would ever want to leave applications open though and that I was completely mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ... Excuse me but I thought that was the whole POINT of the card system. I see now that nobody would ever want to leave applications open though and that I was completely mistaken.
    I'm with you on that. Although I rarely leave cards open, but that's because I like a "clean" desktop.

However, I think we shouldn't have to leave a "Settings" app like this one open all the time to function.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    However, I think we shouldn't have to leave a "Settings" app like this one open all the time to function.
    Oh I agree on that one, but to say that the "benefit is so fleeting it's not even worth using" because it has to be left open is ridiculous.