Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Keep up-to-date on the latest news, entertainment, and technology headlines with TechTray! A RSS feed reader that allows you to quickly browse headlines from 50 of the top technology, news and entertainment sites. Tap each story to get an expanded description without having to open the web page. Click on "web" globe icon below each story to open it up in the web browser. NEW in Version 0.5: Now you can Email, Digg, Facebook, Twitter or Text a story to your friends! Twittering a story generates a TinyURL to save space! Want to add your own favorite RSS feed? No problem, it's easy now with the custom 'Feed Settings' menu option! Each feed now displays 15 stories and features longer descriptions. Newly added memory caching options save battery life.
    (To use Twitter, Digg, and Facebook posting features, you should use your Pre's web browser to login to those sites first and choose the "remember me" option. Twitter posting feature requires choosing "Standard View" once you are logged into Twitter's homepage. You can close the browser once you have done so.)

from the makers of TechTray for windows (TechTray Windows).

New: also available on android and iOS

Click here for Donations

Feed List (7/2013):
    ABC.com News
    AllThingsD.com News
    AnandTech.com News
    Androidcentral News
    Android Phone Fans
    ArsTechnica.com
    AP.com News
    BBCNews.com Mobile
    BGR.com News
    BoingBoing.com
    CNBC.com
    CNET.com News
    Cnn.com Health
    Cnn.com News
    Digg.com Top Stories
    Engadget.com News
    Engagdetmobile.com
    ESPN.com News
    Eonline.com News
    Forbes.com
    FoxNews.com
    Gigaom.com News
    Gizmodo.com News
    Horoscope.com Daily
    LaTimes.com News
    LifeHacker.com
    Mashable
    MyDigitalLife.info
    NewYorkTimes.com
    NYTimes.com Business
    NYTimes.com Tech
    PCWorld.com News
    Reddit.com News
    Reuters.com Mobile
    SI.com NBA News
    Slashdot.org News
    Sports Illustrated
    TechCrunch.com News
    Tekzilla Podcasts
    Time.com
    TMZ.com News
    TWiT.tv Podcasts
    USAToday.com News
    Wall Street Journal
    Washington Post Tech
    WebMD.com
    Wired.com News
    Yahoo.com Health
    Yahoo.com Tech
    Yahoo.com Odd News
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 12/21/2013 at 01:05 AM.
    i have been wanting an app like this SO bad, now i wont have to check 10 different websites for all the latest news!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!! I will add slashdot next and plan up to 15-16 sites. Then future versions would allow you to customize which rss feeds you want shown. A dropdown would be at the top to choose which feed you want to look at (where teh button is now).
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/02/2009 at 02:40 AM.
    im already in love with the program (even if the refresh doesnt work).
    ive always wished for something like this but never thought of requesting it..this app saves me more time & data than you know!
  5.    #5  
    Cool - Just check to make sure you are using 0.0.3 or higher. Go to top left menu and choose about TechTrayPre. Try out my nifty windows desktop version too: Techtray for windows
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/02/2009 at 02:54 AM.
    props
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Am I missing something? I do not see the IPK file anywhere, on the forum on the poster's website.
    Cool app. Where is the link?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    How do we download the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post

Developers - how does one create an expanding row? I want to have the user be able to click the title and the row expand to show the description below. Thanks.
    I am not sure, but I think you are looking for x-mojo-element="Drawer"
    Can you post the ipk file? It looks like you still need to get approved for Developer status by precentral as well.

Also, can you list the RSS feeds that are included? I saw in the description you can 'customize' the feeds. Can we add new feeds / remove exiting etc?
    killerSiafu
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    I am not sure, but I think you are looking for x-mojo-element="Drawer"
    Thanks. I need to do a lot more reading on the Mojo Interface. Also, is the font a little too small, shall I take it up a notch on next release? (I could add an options menu too)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    cool app all the tech news ya need
  14.    #14  
    The direct link is here from our site:
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 11/08/2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Thank you
    App looks great.. I love news apps.. Is there any way to use filecoaster for this I can't copy the link.. And I'm at work with no pc.. Thanks
    Last edited by nic426; 08/04/2009 at 01:40 PM.
  17.    #17  
    For now you'll need to install using the WebOS installer in dev mode...or just manually type the file link below into filecoaster.

http : // www . internal-med . org/com.kliktrayllc.techtraypre.ipk

(remove spaces at start)
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 08/04/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    I hate to say it but using Google reader is much better. You can easily add RSS feeds to it and access it from anywhere. I am so happy it is all centralized without having to re-set up feeds all over again.

Now take this program and make it a Google Reader front end that is better than the mobile web site version and you will really have something. I am just tossing that out there! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I will install this app when it allows adding custom feeds. I'm not a developer, but is it possible to hook this app into the web browser in order to subscribe directly from an RSS link?
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeniusfiles View Post
    I will install this app when it allows adding custom feeds. I'm not a developer, but is it possible to hook this app into the web browser in order to subscribe directly from an RSS link?
    Another reason to use Google reader, each web site allows you to easily add feeds to your reader.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast