Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    NEW VERSION 0.3.10 - remembers which feed you were on when closing the App. Enjoy
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Keep up the great work! Cannot wait for Google Reader integration. With all of the planned enhancements (up to version 0.5.0) in place, this will be one of the most useful applications on Homebrew scene.

Appreciate your hard work.
    yeh google reader integration will b golden
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    agreed. I am really eager for this app especially Google Reader integration and/or custom feeds. Great work.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Looks great. We need a solid rss reader.
    looking for ability to add custom feeds. Then it is perfect. Will/is my most used app.
  7.    #47  
    OK, here's what's shaking: Palm really wants this app to go up on the app catalog. They actually approached me like other homebrew developers already. The RC for the app store is 0.3.24. As soon as that submission is complete, work on 0.4.xx series will resume as a homebrew testing app. Will keep you posted.
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 09/27/2009 at 06:55 PM.
    Great RSS app!

besides adding custom feeds (I tend to read Techdirt), would it be possible to get the links to go to the mobile versions of sites where possible? Engadget's full site is a bit much.
    Just wanted to let you know I love this app, but don't have Fox News. I thought I read that feed was included. I have upgraded to your latest version. Thanks and keep up the GREAT work.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer53 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I love this app, but don't have Fox News. I thought I read that feed was included. I have upgraded to your latest version. Thanks and keep up the GREAT work.
    Hi stargazer53 - Fox news is included! (I'm looking at it NOW!) IN fact there's 25 feeds, but you'll need to scroll down when the selection box opens up. Fox is #22. Make sure you are using the latest version 0.3.24 (check version from the top left pulldown menu) OR tap on the icon from launcher while holding down orange key. The newest release is renamed TechTray and not TechTrayPre. (Palm objected to the word "Pre" being in the title).

Custom feeds - yes, I hear you all and I agree this is much needed. Hope to work on this some more this weekend. Was already able to connect to google reader and pull down the feed information so it shouldn't be hard to get a beta release for you all soon enough.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    @cyberprashant - I really like TechTray - however, I had to reload my Pre due to other issues (turned out to be totally unnessary... but I digress..) and now want to reload my Pre with TechTray.

I noticed that you are getting the app put into the app catalog - any ETA on when that will happen? Any chance you can re-enable the homebrew or provide a link until that happens? Thanks.

Doug
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ansond View Post
    @cyberprashant - I really like TechTray - however, I had to reload my Pre due to other issues (turned out to be totally unnessary... but I digress..) and now want to reload my Pre with TechTray.

I noticed that you are getting the app put into the app catalog - any ETA on when that will happen? Any chance you can re-enable the homebrew or provide a link until that happens? Thanks.

Doug
    We are LIVE as of this morning. Thanks for your support everyone. Developement will now resume on the 0.4 branch. I had to change a few minor things to be in compliance with the Palm UI. I will merge those changes back in to the 0.4 code branch and work on the google reader feed list download / custom feed integration next and hope to provide that soon as an update in the catalog
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 10/13/2009 at 09:11 AM.
  13.    #53  
    0.3.52 = mainly pushed out to support Palm Pixi in time for launch. We improved the # of stories per feed to 15 and added several more default feeds. Check it out!!
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 11/23/2009 at 01:44 PM.
    This is a great App, but I can't say thanks since I can't get it in Canada.

Could you please see that you set Palm to show it in all countries - Palm seems to think that if it is US written App it is not good for the rest of the world.
  15.    #55  
    the problem is paid apps aren't showing anywhere but US. This is a Palm problem. As soon as it is resolved, we'll fix it. Stay tuned...
  16.    #56  
    0.5.81 = Now appearing in the APP Catalog

ENJOY :-)

New Feature List:
    1. Twitter, Text, Facebook, Digg and Email a story!!! When Digging, Twittering or Facebook a story, you must first have an account with the respective sites and stay logged in. Twitter requires you to go to the bottom of the page and change to "Standard" view instead of the default mobile website view of Twitter. Twittering a story auto-generates a TinyURL!!

2. Link button at top left now moved down to area when story is tapped to expand and replaced with "earth globe" web icon - see pic.

3. 50 default feeds - 48 of them NOW customizable!!! Use the Pre's copy and paste feature to copy a feed from a website (the url can be found when gesturing to the top of a page. Be sure to copy the RSS feed and not the URL to the website of your choice. Only RSS 2.0 supported.

4. Disc and Memory Caching to save battery. Auto-retries a second time before timing out to improve reliability.

5. Each story's description increased to 700 characters and better text-handling to avoid a blank description.

--------

I'm gonna leave the google reader feed feature out for now - I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at google and from what I'm reading the API for google reader is NOT officially released and the last thing I need is google upset at us. The copy and paste should make it easy enough to paste in a feed....I've used this already and takes only a few seconds thanks to the updated copy/paste functionality of the pre.

**If anyone from google can speak to us re: the API for google reader, contact us at webmaster at kliktray dot com

Screenshots:

This app is bomb. Been using it for months. Just bought. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    This is a great App, but I can't say thanks since I can't get it in Canada.

Could you please see that you set Palm to show it in all countries - Palm seems to think that if it is US written App it is not good for the rest of the world.
    Yeah, Canada is left out of the paid apps store for now. This app looks really neat and I would love to try it out. Hopefully the legal or whatever red tape gets cleared up soon so we can get access to more apps like this.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I can't get the NFL.com feeds to work in the app.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    I can't get the NFL.com feeds to work in the app.
    ok, this feed appears to have non-standard field delimiters in that there is no description field -

I'll see if we can accomodate for it in the next update. In the meantime, a minor update = 0.5.85 = improves the color scheme layout - I think you'll agree a much "prettier" version of it. I use this app myself every day :-)

New features planned in the upcoming months:
    1. sort alphabetically or by frequently-used first
    2. google reader integration / (dowload of feed settings)

Thanks for everyone's support!!
    Last edited by cyberprashant; 12/12/2009 at 04:30 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast