webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Homebrew Apps > PreLoad (Beta) v1.31 (8/1)
PreLoad (Beta) v1.31 (8/1)

Old 08/01/2009, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

New Version Just Release - 5 October 2009

Includes patch installation and recovery
Message board enhancements, such as avatars
Cleaner looks and better categorization

UPDATED TO VERSION 2.4.0!

This application is like a homebrew app store. It is called PreLoad.

With "PreLoad" you can download and install applications OTA from our repository and external feeds.

You can also download ringtones, sounds and wallpapers directly from the repo too.

Anyone can use the upload link at the top on Pimp My Pre to share their sounds, apps and images. After we approve them (usually around 6PM every evening), they will appear on everyone's Pre for download.

Applications have been moved to WebOS Group. (http://www.WebOSGroup.com).

The updated app also has an improved message board for quick messages to the community. You register once, log in, and type away. The board auto-refreshes and you can click on a message from anyone to reply to them.

Categorization wast he major change, with all of the apps categorized. We laos have an improved rating and comment system. In addition, we have previews of the applications if they have screenshots in the feed.

Finally, the bottom button, called fileurl, is a text field where you can put in ANY url to a file and download it to your Pre. If it's an mp3, it will go into the folder called pmpringtones; a wav file into pmpsounds; an ipk will get installed and a jpg will go to your downloads to be available for your photo app.

The photos you download will be immediately available by your photo app for use as wallpapers.

We have designed PreLoad so that when updates are available, the app will know and you will be prompted to download the file and it will install itself. No more connecting your pre to the PC for apps or updates! It als will tell you when you have updates of any other homebrew app available.

There are 2 known issues.

1. If you put a bad url in Fileurl, it will keep trying to find it. You'll have to close and re-open the app.

2. It copies photos just like the image app Palm has, so we put the copies you don't need into a folder called tmp. When you hook up in USB mode, just delete the images from that folder.

Remember - all these apps everyone puts out are BETA. This is too. You use beta apps at your own risk.

EDITS PLEASE READ

Speical Note! This is not meant to compete with the App Catalog. It is meant for delivery of apps that are in Beta for people to test. When the developer wants to, they can remove their app and submit it to the App Catalog. We view it is a Bet testing ground for future WebOS applications. Work out the bugs with the community before you submit it to Palm.

THIS APP AND SERVICE IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, FREE!

When you contribute, you'll notice an entry for ad code. If you have a google adsense account, a donation button, a link you want to post - along with your contribution - we are working on getting that to display for you. With google adsense - do not use the mobile ads, just a regular ad. You may be able to make a little ad money, get a donation, or link to your own site for promotion and more info on your app.

Thanks!
Mitch
PMP Dev
WebOS Group Dev

The latest versions can be downloaded from WebOS Group because I can't seem to post the new ipk.

http://webosgroup.com/2009/08/18/preload/

Latest update supports the i[kg service and the installation of rooted applications.
Board also refreshes even when minimized.

Last edited by pimpmypre; 10/05/2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Updated App
pimpmypre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2009, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

doesnt work for me. i mean the app installs and runs but when i try to search something the button does nothing. Also, the version on the download link says 1.5 but once installed its saying its version 1.3 ( i think those were the numbers )
xyther4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2009, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyther4523 View Post
doesnt work for me. i mean the app installs and runs but when i try to search something the button does nothing. Also, the version on the download link says 1.5 but once installed its saying its version 1.3 ( i think those were the numbers )
the ipk name doesn't matter - it's v 1.3

The search has to match something or there will be no results. When you click a button, give the list a second to fill.
Thanked By: mcpreos2009
Old 08/01/2009, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow this looks like it could be amazing! I'll be trying it later.
Niris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2009, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
the ipk name doesn't matter - it's v 1.3

The search has to match something or there will be no results. When you click a button, give the list a second to fill.
i gave it about a minute per search and nothing. Give me a keyword to search that gets results for you and i will try it and see if i get results
Old 08/01/2009, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
i gave it about a minute per search and nothing. Give me a keyword to search that gets results for you and i will try it and see if i get results
Are you clicking on Fileurl? You have to put a valid URL in there.

Search wallpapers for Flower.
Old 08/01/2009, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you clicking on Fileurl? You have to put a valid URL in there.

Search wallpapers for Flower.
i tried generic names on all catagories. Still nothing, even searching Flower on wallpaper. I am connected thru WiFi would that make a diff? ill try on EVDO.

i Wouldnt think it would make a difference but you never know. Internet and everything is working perfectly on my Pre

wierd: WiFi doesnt on here (and my internet is up, im on wifi now on my laptop posting this) but EVDO works perfectly. bug?
Old 08/01/2009, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
i tried generic names on all catagories. Still nothing, even searching Flower on wallpaper. I am connected thru WiFi would that make a diff? ill try on EVDO.

i Wouldnt think it would make a difference but you never know. Internet and everything is working perfectly on my Pre

wierd: WiFi doesnt on here (and my internet is up, im on wifi now on my laptop posting this) but EVDO works perfectly. bug?
Hmm, I don't know - never tried that one. Let me know how it goes. All our beta testers were fine but they were on EVDO.
Old 08/01/2009, 11:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know - never tried that one. Let me know how it goes. All our beta testers were fine but they were on EVDO.
Yah the Wifi part im pretty sure is a bug. Doesnt work at all but no problems and search results come up instantly on EVDO. Lets see if other people get that too so i know its not just me (and the wireless, but i could view webpages fine on the pre thru wifi).
Thanked By: pimpmypre
Old 08/01/2009, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

I went into the ringtones section and was able to download on to my Pre Thanks for creating this!

I have WiFi and EVDO on.
Old 08/02/2009, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yep i just put a ringtone on the phone to test it out thru this app, works perfectly. Im not complaining! Nice app

To the guy above me, the WiFi works for you? wierd.

Last edited by xyther4523; 08/02/2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08/02/2009, 12:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

its no bug...im one of the beta testers and i actually did it all in wifi

well i tested half of it in wifi and the other half in evdo
maxima2k53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 12:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
To the guy above me, the WiFi works for you? wierd.
Just tried searching flower using evdo and then using wifi. Worked both ways for me.

Nice app. Looks good!
Old 08/02/2009, 12:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well just tried it out. I was able to download a ringtone and wallpaper perfectly and I had both WiFi & EVDO on. Great work! can't wait for the udpates on this app.
Niris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 12:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Looks great, installing it now
Veritas06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 12:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to link this into existing pre wallpaper sites (assuming we have their permission). For example:

idesignpre.com
Old 08/02/2009, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Oh my god, this works great, exactly what I've been waiting for.. now for the developers to upload apps.
dhMassacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 01:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

I ran across a sound or two that wouldn't load. Maybe in a future version have a button to report a dead link that flags it for your review or something? Otherwise, very impressive stuff.
Old 08/02/2009, 01:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
Legend

FYI, pimpmypre, you may wanna contact Dieter. I've PM'd you with more info, please respond ASAP.

Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/02/2009 at 02:05 AM.
Jason Robitaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2009, 01:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

Great app m8's!!! I've downloaded ringtones, sounds and I'm going to give the PMP sounds app now. TY

Tags
preload

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0