Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    So very excited to see a colaboration of multiple devs producing a single repository. But I have to say I love the fact that all three apps were being developed sepreatly. This allows for multiple different ideas to be tested at he same time rather then having one linear focus and not exploring different stratagies to finding out what works best. In this type of separation it helps find strenghts and weaknesses in each stratagy then with colaboration allowing everyone to make the best of all in one.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Fully agree.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Fully agree.

-- Rod
    new edit will say combonation of repositories.
    i believe preload is a very well made application and it would be wonderful to have a standard where a lot of the homebrew apps are stored and able to be downloaded OTA. would love to see preload get access to some of the other apps. perhaps we can see a collaboration between pimpmypre and webosinternals (pregame) to make the best of homebrew.
    BTW, whilst PreGame is a member of the webos-internals development team, the work he did on fileCoaster was quite separate from webos-internals and preware.org, and was done in private by him alone.

I tried to convince him to develop it in the open, but he wanted to keep it secret before announcement like everyone else seems to do, and the source code is not in any public repository that I am aware of.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    BTW, whilst PreGame is a member of the webos-internals development team, the work he did on fileCoaster was quite separate from webos-internals and preware.org, and was done in private by him alone.

I tried to convince him to develop it in the open, but he wanted to keep it secret before announcement like everyone else seems to do, and the source code is not in any public repository that I am aware of.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the clarification there I began to understand that between your disscussion with mitch sorry to have added to the confusion I knew he was a member of web os internals which is why I made such a wrongful assumption.
    MatterOfFactJack
  5.    #105  
    So you two have been around and never even said Hello?

Ok, now I'm pissed at both of you. (But we'll still work together)
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    So you two have been around and never even said Hello?

Ok, now I'm pissed at both of you. (But we'll still work together)
    Haha like I said I lack the dev skills and was too scared to show my ignorence figured I'd be a helping hand anyway I can after your release but your right I should have said hello
    MatterOfFactJack
  7.    #107  
    Haha like I said I lack the dev skills and was too scared to show my ignorence figured I'd be a helping hand anyway I can after your release but your right I should have said hello
    LOL - forgiven
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Well I posted in the messageboard for preload but I'm going to post it here to....

what i would like to see is this app installing the homebrew apps to the /media/internals/apps/ directory and puting a symlink to the app on the /var/usr/palm/applications/ directory

this will help conserve space on the var file system
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rk-around.html
    Last edited by jack87; 08/03/2009 at 04:37 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Awesome application, but having read the last pages of this thread all that's really sticking in my head is "Linux people are hippies"
    Love this application, I have to say though the design and some of the fuctinality is really bad or hard to use. But we deffinatelly needed this as soon as possible, now we just need more programs on board.
    Hey everyone. I am new to this so bare with me lol. I create my own ringtones and I can condense and convert movies to fit on the Palm Pre. I so want to download PreLoad but I am so lost as to what I need to do. Is there a link to click on or what? Please help. I am somewhat computer slow lol.
    Why is this not stickied while it serves the same and more functionality than fileCoaster?
    Last edited by jcettison; 08/03/2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: TYPO!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Why is this not stickied while it servers the same and more functionality than fileCoaster?
    Good point... Mods please sticky
    lol you guys remind me of 'scene kiddies' tryin to get their warez out (pre, 0sec, 0day) before the other group does
    I don't care what order they come out in; I would just like to see them treated equally as alternative options. Both developers are contributing significant amounts of time and effort into their projects, they deserve bipartisan support. No reason fileCoaster and PreLoad can't coexist. Competition spawns creative growth unlike calling people "scene kiddies".
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Nice job!!! I really like the multi features in here! It is awesome to see how the developers are tired of waiting for palm so they create robust applications themselves!

Keep up the good work!
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Loving the app. like the others said lets make one app for the whole community. After out of beta maybe someone can do a nice design overhaul on it.. ! :-) .. need any developer help let me know
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Well done. Looking forward to some more improvements.
    i still dont understant y i dont c this thread as a sticky???
    Nice app! Unfortunately not many apps available yet. Hopefully developers will start submitting their apps here. One thing that needs to be changed (mentioned before), when selecting "next 10" I shouldn't have to scroll all the way up again.