Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    Check out step 5d here...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

There's a new tip I have for 64bit win7, which is to use the newest webOS Doctor that you can download from here: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals .... just don't click the last next where it says make sure the usb is plugged in!!!! Novacom will have to be installed to get to that point. You might have to restart after you see that Novacom is installed properly, depending on your system...

G'luck!
    will this help me with my current problem?
    I tried to download preloader from my Pre directly and it said that I would have to call to open an IPK what did I do wrong? I'm new to the platform and need step by step help in putting the Preloader program on my phone please....Thanks
    love this app!
    I just installed this app, but it won't let me install any apps or patches. It just gives me an IPKG error. I'm in Canada if that means anything.
    Last edited by MetalBeerSolid; 04/01/2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBeerSolid View Post
    I just installed this app, but it won't let me install any apps or patches. It just gives me an IPKG error. I'm in Canada if that means anything.
    You should be using Preware or WebOS Quick Install to install patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be using Preware or WebOS Quick Install to install patches.

-- Rod
    Ok, but I still can't install apps.
    Help please.
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalBeerSolid View Post
    Help please.
    Are you trying to install rooted apps, or regular apps?

Sorry - I have a big update coming to the app but I keep getting sidetracked and haven't finished it. Hopefully 2 more weeks at the most.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Are you trying to install rooted apps, or regular apps?

Sorry - I have a big update coming to the app but I keep getting sidetracked and haven't finished it. Hopefully 2 more weeks at the most.
    Note that in Preware Alpha (http://bit.ly/preware-alpha), we're incorporating the package manager service into a single package with Preware, installable with palm-install, but we're intentionally keeping the same service name and API so that it hopefully doesn't break other apps using org.webosinternals.ipkgservice (like PreLoad).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #471  
    OK, thanks Rod!
    Normal apps I can't install.

Also, for some reason, I can't install Preware. The installer fails on my computer every time.
    Double post FTL.
    Last edited by MetalBeerSolid; 04/04/2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Double post D:
  14. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    How long should the "loading package information" thing take on the first launch? It's been at Palm Catalog for like 45 minutes.
    You need to detect what platform you are on and if NOT windows set the L&F to the default.
    Am having some trouble installing preload. Am running on windows 7 starter and every time I open up the installer I get a novacom error. Am running on the old preload (its and hurts my eyes )so is there a way I could update that preload instead of installing a new preload?
    not bad, still prefer preware tho
    Most of the preload apps won't load, once I click the category & go into the list nothing shows up, I've left it loading for 15 minutes & nothing. All the other stuff works, like ringtones and such just not apps. Very few, mainly ones with 3 or less will load the list. I've looked through the forums & haven't found anything so I'm hoping someone could help me. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Bettylts910; 01/28/2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Wrong name for Preload
    thanks for the update on 8/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettylts910 View Post
    Most of the preload apps won't load, once I click the category & go into the list nothing shows up, I've left it loading for 15 minutes & nothing. All the other stuff works, like ringtones and such just not apps. Very few, mainly ones with 3 or less will load the list. I've looked through the forums & haven't found anything so I'm hoping someone could help me. Thank you in advance!
    I am having this exact issue! Nothing with 5 or more files will load :/