Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    has PreWare not been loading for anyone else lately? whenever I try to connect it just sticks on loading..
    Quote Originally Posted by vangogh35 View Post
    has PreWare not been loading for anyone else lately? whenever I try to connect it just sticks on loading..
    You might get a better response to questions about Preware in the Preware Thread, rather than in a PreLoad thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    should i use this, filecoaster or preware?

also, when i hack my pre is there any way to unhack it if i need to take it back to the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by foppinanrockin View Post
    should i use this, filecoaster or preware?

also, when i hack my pre is there any way to unhack it if i need to take it back to the store?
    fileCoaster cannot currently install advanced homebrew applications.

PreLoad and Preware can.

fileCoaster has other features unrelated to package installation that Preware does not (and maybe some that PreLoad does not either, I'm not sure on that one).

You can use the webOS Doctor to restore any Pre to factory clean condition.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    fileCoaster cannot currently install advanced homebrew applications.

PreLoad and Preware can.

fileCoaster has other features unrelated to package installation that Preware does not (and maybe some that PreLoad does not either, I'm not sure on that one).

You can use the webOS Doctor to restore any Pre to factory clean condition.

-- Rod
    ok thanks, and should i install file coaster or just PreLoad?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Wow, great app, especially when I'm not near my heavy laptop, which I do not bring with me every single place I go... though with some apps that work with it, I may just do that. This makes downloading things so much easier. Thanks for your time, it surely has not been wasted. I enjoy it.
    Ok, some of these questions may be stupid but I rather be infrormed rather then messing up my phone. I have never put a theme on. Now Im not at a computer right now and im sure I can install a theme using Webos Quick Install.. Seems pretty easy after reading the insructions. However, I do have question on using preload.

Has anyone used Preload to upload a theme?? it appears you can do so. or I can view them.

If you have been successfull uploading a theme from preload are you able to remove it witout using Webos Quick Install or from your phone?
  8.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by foppinanrockin View Post
    ok thanks, and should i install file coaster or just PreLoad?
    Of course I'm going to say use PreLoad!
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  9.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Ok, some of these questions may be stupid but I rather be infrormed rather then messing up my phone. I have never put a theme on. Now Im not at a computer right now and im sure I can install a theme using Webos Quick Install.. Seems pretty easy after reading the insructions. However, I do have question on using preload.

Has anyone used Preload to upload a theme?? it appears you can do so. or I can view them.

If you have been successfull uploading a theme from preload are you able to remove it witout using Webos Quick Install or from your phone?
    Not stupid at all - I can answer the PreLoad portion.
    We thought that with the new package manager service and the themes added to the feed, you'd be able to install them, but it looks like we need to update the app. We have a release scheduled out early next week - maybe Sunday if all goes well.

So, for now, you can't install Themes with PreLoad. You can install them with PreWare and WebOS Quick Install.

BTW - in case you don't know what the Pckage Manager Service is, it is a service that can only be installed through WebOS Quick Install, from the WebOS Internals All feed. When that is installed, PreLoad will see it and give you the option of installing items with it (you will have a Download - Rooted button on the doqwnload page).
    Hopefully, in the next version, we will have it sorted out so you know what items you can install with the regular Palm service, and which ones require the rooting option (themes is one of those items), and which ones that you have a choice on how to install it.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Of course I'm going to say use PreLoad!
    lol of course!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Being a daily user and seeing new themes everyday there need to be catorgies section
    does anybody know where i find the ring tones in my pre after i down load them from preload???
    I am having trouble with preload when I download a patch it says that it installed but it really dsnt can someone help me with this problem???
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 3 View Post
    I am having trouble with preload when I download a patch it says that it installed but it really dsnt can someone help me with this problem???
    Same here.
    hell ya!!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heathershreves22 View Post
    does anybody know where i find the ring tones in my pre after i down load them from preload???
    Mine got put into a directory "pmpringtones" directly off the root of the USB Drive. Check there..
    The App Catalog is still following Palm's rule for a limited number of installed apps. Is there anyway that Preware or Preload can bypass this an allow us to install "official" apps to our Pres? I know that Preload can bypass the restriction with HB apps.
    Question:

What's the point of this being a Java application if it will only run on Windows?

Code:
    .oOo. java -jar PreloadInstaller.jar
    Sep 29, 2009 11:15:14 AM org.jdesktop.application.Application create
    WARNING: Couldn't set LookandFeel Application.lookAndFeel = "com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel"
    javax.swing.UnsupportedLookAndFeelException: [The Microsoft Windows Look and Feel - com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel] not supported on this platform
            at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:529)
            at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:586)
            at org.jdesktop.application.Application.create(Application.java:252)
            at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:169)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    And then all I get is "Application configuration has taken place. Please restart to finish configuration" over and over again.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Anyone tried installing any of the patches in the new version of Preload yet? I just updated it and noticed there is a "Patch" and "Service" folder under Categories now but did not try any since there is no mention of them being 1.2.0 compatible.