Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Awesome portal eisnerguy1!

Once the PalmOS learning curve if over so is the iPhone hahaha. Apple actaully removes applications it deeds "taking easy money away from AT&T and then Apple 'hey we charge for that type of thing' even though it is free"

Palm allows open development and Apple thinks they need to get paid for items developers bypass and get for free. Apple you need to realize you already make enough money and let us developers free give it up.

BTW this is the first Homebrew I actually installed to phone thanks.
    you might want to rename application; I know the pain.

GooglePortal is better or something you makeup.

You know GoogleOS is gonna make us feel like this application runs the next operating system from Google right? The Microsoft killer; you know the Chrome thing.

Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    thanks
  4.    #44  
    Gonna try & answer all of these now

Quote Originally Posted by finepaki View Post
    I have just recently started downloading homebrew apps, this by far is the most proffesional appearing app, it looks like Google did it themselves. One criticism, Mobile app letteres are not properly centered. Thanks.
    Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, it's a problem that I'm trying to fix with some css. Might need to wait until the next version

Quote Originally Posted by va2thadeath View Post
    this app looks great and very usual as well. thanx for taking the time to create this app. i will definitely be installing it.
    Awesome. Glad to hear that people are finding it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Nice. Butnothing seems to happen when I hit Earth.
    Yeah, I know. Mainly stuck that in as a placeholder. Trying to figure out what to put in it's place

Quote Originally Posted by mtlemmonrunner View Post
    Awesome portal eisnerguy1!

Once the PalmOS learning curve if over so is the iPhone hahaha. Apple actaully removes applications it deeds "taking easy money away from AT&T and then Apple 'hey we charge for that type of thing' even though it is free"

Palm allows open development and Apple thinks they need to get paid for items developers bypass and get for free. Apple you need to realize you already make enough money and let us developers free give it up.

BTW this is the first Homebrew I actually installed to phone thanks.
    Awesome. I'm proud that my app was the first homebrew you installed

Quote Originally Posted by mtlemmonrunner View Post
    you might want to rename application; I know the pain.

GooglePortal is better or something you makeup.

You know GoogleOS is gonna make us feel like this application runs the next operating system from Google right? The Microsoft killer; you know the Chrome thing.

Just a thought.
    Yeah, currently working on a better name.

Oh & I uploaded version 1.0.0. See the first post for changes
    can you help me port a cab app over to webos
    hi, i am wondering how i can learn to port iphone apps to my palm pre.. do you have to write all new script or is there a simpler way to do it.... please help me, PAUL... also please email me at ceomanu@gmail.com cause i dont come on here to offen
    how about naming this google cards?
    I suggest not naming it "Google" anything. They'll eat your face eventually.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    can you help me port a cab app over to webos
    Sorry. I'm not going to be much help in that regard. Had to rewrite my iPhone app from scratch :/ I'd suggest start by looking at the examples on Palm's developer site. Those helped me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by plazau View Post
    hi, i am wondering how i can learn to port iphone apps to my palm pre.. do you have to write all new script or is there a simpler way to do it.... please help me, PAUL... also please email me at ceomanu@gmail.com cause i dont come on here to offen
    See my response above. It was not a quick & easy port. I had to pretty much recreate as many features as I could within WebOS. Some features that I had in the iPhone version are not present in the WebOS version. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    how about naming this google cards?
    Haven't figured out a way to do that yet. Might be added to my future feature list.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Yeah, I'm in the process on deciding a better name

Oh & does anyone know how do I chance to topic title to reflect the new version # & new release date?
    thanks
    Amazing app. Well styled and presented. The google earth app didn't work. I was hoping it would. But seriously amazing job. Can't wait for further updates.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balphazar303 View Post
    Amazing app. Well styled and presented. The google earth app didn't work. I was hoping it would. But seriously amazing job. Can't wait for further updates.
    Thanks you guys for the kind words . If I can't find something to replace the Earth with, I may just remove it & reorder the icons around a bit. I've got two major features that I'm working of for the next release (1.5/2.0). Taking a little while to figure them out though. Oh & does anyone know how to change the topic title to reflect the new version number and release date?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Not trying to be funny, so please dont take this wrong way. Just wanna make sure I understand that this app.

So what it does install on our Pre's like a regular app, but give us access to all the apps that came included on the G1?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
    Not trying to be funny, so please dont take this wrong way. Just wanna make sure I understand that this app.

So what it does install on our Pre's like a regular app, but give us access to all the apps that came included on the G1?
    No, don't worry, I don't take this the wrong way. What this app does is become basically a launcher for all of the mobile versions of google's web apps. They are not links to native versions, only the web apps. I designed this because I personally needed a launcher for the web apps on my iPod Touch. I thought that this would be an interesting app to recreate within the WebOS. Hope that clears some things up.

Oh & does anyone know how to chance the topic title to reflect the newer version (1.0.0) and release date (8/2) ?
  15.    #55  
    Finishing up v1.0.09. Mainly just minor bugfixes/ code cleanups. Next major feature(s) will probably make it into 1.1
    Wonderful App.. Thx..
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    I agree!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    I agree!
    Yeah, there was one spot in my app that was still named "Google". Kinda missed it before. Thanks for reminding me. Been fixed for the next release. Should have that out & ready to go later today
    Works for me - thank you!
  20.    #60  
    You're welcome. I'm just glad people are finding this app useful Still working on the next release. Trying to squeeze in another feature before posting the new version.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast