Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    nice work.

have you loaded all the bible into the sqllite database?
    i can think of some feature related to indices and chapter handling, word count, etc.

if you're using the database, have you preloaded it (how)?
    if not, which kind of schema are you using to sort/index.

Thanks.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    nice work.

have you loaded all the bible into the sqllite database?
    i can think of some feature related to indices and chapter handling, word count, etc.

if you're using the database, have you preloaded it (how)?
    if not, which kind of schema are you using to sort/index.
    naw, we have kept it all to formatted html on the filesystem within the app space. since there is no way of packaging a pre-populated db and we do not plan on hosting a website with all of the data for download at this time. we really wanted to keep it simple. We have a lot of features in mind for a future version of the app, but that is off into the future.

we did have a version of the kjv bible in mysql, so it is/was pretty easy to reformat the book files to the standard that we want to follow.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Not sure if this bug has been reported or not -

When I switch from portrait to landscape mode (I was in Matt 20 when trying this), the chapter advances. I went from viewing Matt 20 to Matt 25 just by rotating the Pre 90 degrees.

I also see the "end of previous chapter" instead of verse one of selected chapter error described earlier.
    Thanks for a great app. Would it be possible to increase the size of the font for those of us who need reading glasses?
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Thanks for a great app. Would it be possible to increase the size of the font for those of us who need reading glasses?
    if you tap the menu and select preferences, you can change the font size to one of four preselected settings. if you need bigger, let me know. the largest font we set was 22px.
    You've done a really nice job keeping the reading application clean and uncomplicated. This is so much easier than trying to use the classic app to read MyBible.

Sorry Craig. I know you have business priorities, but this app has a future.

Keep up the good work! Give us a button or preference to change translations and load us up!
    Last edited by Dgriess; 08/25/2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typo in title
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    If you want to see how exciting (and frustrating) open source developing can be, take a look at this team in action over the past weeks: Convert HTML archive to app? and Pre's First Bible App

This has been just amazing to watch.

Keep it up team!

- Craig
    ...Thanks again for all that you are doing on this.
    Wow...Thank you!
    I really like the navigation menu. It is so fast...Again one of the key things for me is that it does not need an internet connection...Thank you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgriess View Post
    Sorry Craig. I know you have business priorities, but this app has a future.
    Dgriess,

What are you talking about? What business priorities? I am just a volunteer here. I think that this is awesome and have nothing but praise. They are doing this for free. Their only goal is to help other people.

Can you please give us the link to the post you are talking about?

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/25/2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Do you think you can get Chinese Union Version (Traditional) on it? Does the Pre support Chinese? (I don't have the Pre yet).
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    if you tap the menu and select preferences, you can change the font size to one of four preselected settings. if you need bigger, let me know. the largest font we set was 22px.
    Ah, thanks. There tend to be so few preferences on Pre apps in general that I often forget to look for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Do you think you can get Chinese Union Version (Traditional) on it? Does the Pre support Chinese? (I don't have the Pre yet).
    The BibleGateway web site works well on the Pre. I gave it to my wife's Chinese parents in church the other day so they could follow along. There are both traditional and simplified character versions.
    Once again, thank you guys for putting a lot of effort into making this app very easy to use and easy to read.

Even though KJV isn't my preferred translation (and I understand the reasons you used it), it really helps me out in a pinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    The BibleGateway web site works well on the Pre. I gave it to my wife's Chinese parents in church the other day so they could follow along. There are both traditional and simplified character versions.
    It is cool that I can use Bible Gateway. However, is it a possibility? Please advise.
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Not sure if this bug has been reported or not -

When I switch from portrait to landscape mode (I was in Matt 20 when trying this), the chapter advances. I went from viewing Matt 20 to Matt 25 just by rotating the Pre 90 degrees.

I also see the "end of previous chapter" instead of verse one of selected chapter error described earlier.
    this is fixed for the next version to be released. still working on some new functionality, so it will be a few more days.
    Do you can doit bible app in different languages like spanish?
  15.    #175  
    i just pushed out version 0.9.7 to the homebrew. we took away the first page but will probably put it back in once there is support for multiple translations. it now remembers which book you last selected (using the menus) in each volume, still not remembering position yet. we also added a notifier that will popup when a new version is released.

IMPORTANT NOTE: we had to change the app_id name, so be sure remove the old version of the bible before installing this one, because it will not overwrite the old version.
    Last edited by stickywhipit; 08/28/2009 at 12:59 PM.
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by titovolky View Post
    Do you can doit bible app in different languages like spanish?
    we are still looking for someone who can help us with getting a legally free version of the spanish translation. if you can help us with that, we can add it to the app for you.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thanks for this great application really appreciate your work. This is way easier to you than mybible on classic. In the future would it be possible to add in the app like a memorization app similar to what e-sword has and mybibles "memorize"? Also commentaries like Mathew Henry?
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    do you have access to a free text or SQL version of this translation? we can work on formatting any translation if it is completely free, but most websites, like bible gateway and others, have an agreement to present only a small portion (1 chapter usually) at a time. we do not have any agreements yet, so can only use legally free versions of the bible.
    Love the updated version...Thanks!!!
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Nice app. Would love to pay for it if it had choice of NIV (and other choices would be nice), red lettering, remember where you are down to the verse (bookmark maybe), and a search feature. Keep up the good work, look forward to more.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast