Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I'm really eager to get NASB and perhaps the HCSB translations on this baby...
    NASB is copyrighted as is HCSB. We will have additional translations eventually I just can't say what they will be until the details are all worked out.
    Ii should be able to provide translations for all the 24 books pm me as a reminder. I have good copyright free translation on disk. I just have to find the disk should have it by tommorow
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I have to admit that I got a bit of a chuckle out of this one. Picturing a pastor reading the KJV translation from a new piece of technology is really interesting. Some things transcend time and technology, huh?

I'm really eager to get NASB and perhaps the HCSB translations on this baby...
    I did actually install it on my Pastor's pre and tonight at bible study he first had his normal "gold leaf, looks like it cost $5,000 dollars" bible already set on the first scripture. But as soon as he saw me on mine ready to go, he remembered and used it for the rest of bible study! I couldn't help but laugh to myself, thinking man technology these days. People spend hundreds on bibles ya know, and to have a phone that comes with it all for 200....well you cant beat that. Hahahaha

Anyways on a helpful note in regards to .9.3, I can fully replicate the old to new, new to old testament bug that GROOVY was talking about.

It occurs when: Starting out in the OT, scroll all the way down to Malachi and then click on the NT. It will appear that there's nothing there until you scroll up (somehow it starts at the bottom past Revelations...)
    Or you can start in the NT, scroll down all the way to Revelations and switch back to the OT. You'll now be in the space underneath Malachi. Some random variations of this occur but I haven't figured out that pattern yet, not much of an issue to me but nonetheless.
    On your to do list could you have this request:
    Save a cookie for the last book opened and within each book, the last verse viewed. I am constantly going back and forth between books and really need it to remember where we left off.

Thanks again for all that you are doing on this.

- Craig
    Sticky you have PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    On your to do list could you have this request:
    Save a cookie for the last book opened and within each book, the last verse viewed. I am constantly going back and forth between books and really need it to remember where we left off.

Thanks again for all that you are doing on this.

- Craig
    Thanks for the idea milo. I actually already have the last book part in my current version of the code. We haven't been able to figure out exactly where you are in a book yet to be able to save the chapter/verse info. But for now, it's a step better than where we are.

Once we can figure out how to locate the current chapter/verse a person is reading then we can add this feature as well as bookmarks.
    This looks good, if I was religious I would download it.

Great work bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahedi View Post
    Anyways on a helpful note in regards to .9.3, I can fully replicate the old to new, new to old testament bug that GROOVY was talking about.

It occurs when: Starting out in the OT, scroll all the way down to Malachi and then click on the NT. It will appear that there's nothing there until you scroll up (somehow it starts at the bottom past Revelations...)
    Or you can start in the NT, scroll down all the way to Revelations and switch back to the OT. You'll now be in the space underneath Malachi. Some random variations of this occur but I haven't figured out that pattern yet, not much of an issue to me but nonetheless.
    The problem is a screen refresh issue with webOS. Easy to adjust for though. I haven't looked at the your code but this works for me in one of my apps. Add something like this to the .activate function in your assistant.
    Code:
    	var scroller = Mojo.View.getScrollerForElement(this.controller.get('thelist'));
    	var scrollToPos = scroller.mojo.getScrollPosition().top;
    	setTimeout(function() {scroller.mojo.scrollTo(undefined, scrollToPos, true);}, 200);
    Basically, it causes the app to scroll a bit - causing the screen to redraw. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    Basically, it causes the app to scroll a bit - causing the screen to redraw. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.
    Thanks! I actually had a similar fix in there a while back. I just used:
    Code:
    this.controller.get('menuScroller').mojo.scrollTo(0,0);
    Later modifications to the setup screen made this cause an error so icky took it out. I was able to get to the bottom of this error in a 0.9.3b revision. It was doing the get('menuScroller') command before the menuScroller was fully defined. Moving that command to the activate function fix the error but it's pointless because the 1st page had to change anyway to accommodate more translations in the near future.

Yes, I did say more translations. We have permission from NETBible to use their translation and icky is in the process of figuring out how to get it converted into our data format.

In the meantime I've made a few updates to the app to make browsing around simpler.
    • For now the 1st page just has OT and NT buttons, but that will change when we get more translations installed.
    • There is an OT/NT button on the book scene now for quicker swaps
    • The app will remember what book you were in last when it reopens the NT or OT.(Sorry haven't got this down to chapter or verse yet)

I've sent the .ipk to stickywhipit to post in the homebrew section and here in the forums.

Keep checking back, I'm sure he'll get them up in the next day or less. It depends on when he goes to sleep tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Thanks! I actually had a similar fix in there a while back. I just used:
    Code:
    this.controller.get('menuScroller').mojo.scrollTo(0,0);
    Later modifications to the setup screen made this cause an error so icky took it out. I was able to get to the bottom of this error in a 0.9.3b revision. It was doing the get('menuScroller') command before the menuScroller was fully defined. Moving that command to the activate function fix the error but it's pointless because the 1st page had to change anyway to accommodate more translations in the near future.

Yes, I did say more translations. We have permission from NETBible to use their translation and icky is in the process of figuring out how to get it converted into our data format.

In the meantime I've made a few updates to the app to make browsing around simpler.
    • For now the 1st page just has OT and NT buttons, but that will change when we get more translations installed.
    • There is an OT/NT button on the book scene now for quicker swaps
    • The app will remember what book you were in last when it reopens the NT or OT.(Sorry haven't got this down to chapter or verse yet)

I've sent the .ipk to stickywhipit to post in the homebrew section and here in the forums.

Keep checking back, I'm sure he'll get them up in the next day or less. It depends on when he goes to sleep tonight.
    I was just about to come here and talk about NET bible. This is an AWESOME translation and it would be great to add.
    Here are a couple screenshots from the current version.

newsimplebible_2009-17-08_011201.jpg newsimplebible_2009-17-08_011523.jpg
    Sticky, I emailed the .ipk to you. I can't upload it here cause it says invalid file type in here or in the developer forums. I tried putting it in a .zip and it exceeds the maximum files size. So here is a link to the .ipk stored on my webserver:

IPK LINK NSB_0.9.4
  12.    #152  
    i've posted the new simple bible 0.9.4 to the homebrew catalog for all to download, tell us what you think and don't forget to rate the app. thanks!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The update 0.9.4 is working good...just a small slight lag switching between Old & New Testaments. Perhaps the Bible icon of the opening screen could be a little sharper...but that's minor. I would love to see the Net Bible incorporated into Simple Bible. I would be willing to pay for this app provided that it contain add-on modules of other translations and/or study helps (commentaries/dictionaries). Awesome great job! Tremendous!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Is there any hope of including either the NIV or The Message in future versions, or are those translations too hard to get based on copyright?
  15.    #155  
    working on the free netBible version without notes.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    whoa! Great news that you're working on the netBible version. Sorry to hear that the netbible notes will not be included. Is it because of the time element in coding or is because webOS will not support a corresponding module that would open the notes? Just curious...but sure wish I could help in some way. I'm just a graphic designer & far from being a programer.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Just an observation....when I choose a chapter from any book(say like if I choose chapter six) it will not go to that chapter, but instead go to the previous chapter, and usually in the middle of that chapter. Also when I use the accelerometer it switches from the current chapter that I am in to the previous or next chapter....but other than that this app is Great! I would gladly like to see more versions, maybe strong's concordance numbers or some sort of hebrew/greek lexicon, a bible dictionary, some commentaries, a search function, a devotional of some sort etc. I would pay for all those things to have them included in this program, but aren't needed. They would just be nice! But good job, keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    whoa! Great news that you're working on the netBible version. Sorry to hear that the netbible notes will not be included. Is it because of the time element in coding or is because webOS will not support a corresponding module that would open the notes? Just curious...but sure wish I could help in some way. I'm just a graphic designer & far from being a programer.
    Actually, the will let us use the texts without notes, or with some sample notes for free. If we want the full notes then we will have to charge a fee for them.

We currently have a roadmap to completion of this app which will lead to submission to the palm app catalog. Once we've completed those steps, work on this application will cease other than fixing bugs. It will include in ,separate apps most likely, KJV, NET, and some espanol version. We will need some help on the espanol. 1st, we need someone who speaks spanish to aquire a copyright free bible in SQL. That or a spanish bible that will provide us written permission to use their copyrighted text in our app. Once that is completed, We will just need to convert it to our file format and we will be good to go.

Now back to the end of the simplebible. Once we reach the end of our current Dev Map, we will switch over to production of feature rich Bible app that includes multiple translations including copyrighted ones as we gain their permission. Also included will be bookmarks, highlighting, note taking, books stored on the Pre's "USB Drive" so they don't take up so much room in the apps partition, and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDabney View Post
    Just an observation....when I choose a chapter from any book(say like if I choose chapter six) it will not go to that chapter, but instead go to the previous chapter, and usually in the middle of that chapter. Also when I use the accelerometer it switches from the current chapter that I am in to the previous or next chapter....but other than that this app is Great! I would gladly like to see more versions, maybe strong's concordance numbers or some sort of hebrew/greek lexicon, a bible dictionary, some commentaries, a search function, a devotional of some sort etc. I would pay for all those things to have them included in this program, but aren't needed. They would just be nice! But good job, keep up the good work!
    Thanks for all the suggestions. That chapter problem you are mentioning is a bit wierd. We are aware of it, but as our code is diffrent from what you have, here is what we are seeing. It only does this in Certain Books. Most notablly Matt and Mark. If you go to any OT book or say Corithians, it works as expected. This is currently a quirky bug we have and we are working on it.

Thanks for the support folks, expect a newer version in the next week or less. {depends on how much we sleep this week }
    Sticky,

Here is the 0.9.5 code I emailed you about.

http://www.pigstands.com/com.stickyw..._0.9.5_all.ipk

Changes in 0.9.5 include
    No 1st scene, it just goes straight to the last book you were in.
    Icons (although they need help) for the menu on top.
    Cleaned up source code, removed unnecessary files, stopped all listeners on deactivate.
    I'm sure there are some more but not significant I don't think.

Goodnight!
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast