Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Great job to all of you who helped develop it.

I like your plan - now that this is functional, take some time & figure out what to develop and what architecture to use. I'd consider making a list and then developing along those lines as a plan.

And we users can give you constructive feedback if you wish to run the ideas past us.

Very nice work.
    Cool!
    Hey, since this is an eBook reader, is there anyway you could add the Tripiṭaka as well as the Qur'an? You know, just to have?
    I'm working on a mod of this program here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...criptures.html

That should allow more than just the two books to be used (in this case, five). I'm beating my head against a wall though, so if you have any suggestions they would be appreciated.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    keep getting an install error. I've tried to install via quick install and filecoaster. Anyone else having an issue.
    Yes I had the same issue. I tried using quick install and filecoaster, I even installed straight from the SDK. When I did that I found that the error said "failed not enough install space". Apparently there is some arbitrary amount of maximum space for installed apps on the Pre. I had 4gb of free space but I did have about 60-70 apps installed. After deleting several of the apps that i wasn't really using it finally installed and ran fine.
    Here you can find the sapanish version Reina Valera. La Biblia en Español: Índice
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    we are still working on the basic functions of the app, so there will be a bit of a delay on translations and other versions od the text. The issue we face in terms of translations is space. Right now the boble books are stored in files within the app and we are already seeing that people are having trouble because of the size. We are just thinking about how to access bible files on internal storage or hosted (but downloadable) on an external site.

Also, minimal effort was required for kjv because rposa or someone pointed us to a sql version of the bible which simplified page formatting. If you can point me a spanish version in a database, that would make things a lot eazier for me.
    here you can find the spanish Version Reina Valera La Biblia en Español: Índice
    Great Job!! Awesome work!! Thanks!
    I'm still using Simple Bible! I actually love the name. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think I'd ever use the left and right arrows as they are. I can't think of a time when I would just happen to want to turn to the immediately next book. I actually assumed they were back/next chapter, which would be nice. Anyways, if you removed them you would have more room to put the book name like Song of Solomon.

There is a small annoyance that you could fix for me. Say you're in Malachi and want to go to Revelation. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Starting at the top of the list every time would work for me better. That or table format would work.

Thanks for your awesome work!
    Oh, and please change the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfphysics View Post
    I'm still using Simple Bible! I actually love the name. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think I'd ever use the left and right arrows as they are. I can't think of a time when I would just happen to want to turn to the immediately next book. I actually assumed they were back/next chapter, which would be nice. Anyways, if you removed them you would have more room to put the book name like Song of Solomon.
    Thanks this is being addressed. We actually looking at just two buttons up there. One is the chapter picker with a more intuitive icon and the other is the name of the book which will function as a button to bring up a book selector.

We will probably drop the BACK button too since a gesture does that just fine.

There is a small annoyance that you could fix for me. Say you're in Malachi and want to go to Revelation. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Starting at the top of the list every time would work for me better. That or table format would work.
    Well, this is one thing we are addressing. I don't have the version you do installed anymore but I tried it anyway. There is a new problem but it's far less annoying than the previous. You'll see what I mean when we put out the next version. Then again, maybe we'll find a fix for it before then.

Thanks for your awesome work!
    Your Welcome! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!

Oh, and yes, the ICON has changed too.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks - can't wait to try this one!
    Stickywhipit et al, thanks for the awesome app! Can you post up the source for v0.8.0? I am in the middle of trying to get a different translation on it.. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bloogenes79 View Post
    Stickywhipit et al, thanks for the awesome app! Can you post up the source for v0.8.0? I am in the middle of trying to get a different translation on it.. thanks!
    Same here actually.
    Added link in Opening Post to give download link information:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: simple bible

- Craig
    I really like the navigation menu. It is so fast.

The app also loads very quickly now. Thanks.

As to some having install problems, I tested to see if I could duplicate. I could get the error as well! It happened for me when the Pre screen did the automatic turn-off. If you touch in the gesture area to keep it awake while it is downloading it does not hang up during install for me.

Again one of the key things for me is that it does not need an internet connection.

Thank you all!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by bloogenes79 View Post
    Install 7zip and you can get the source files for all .IPKs

You haven't heard much from sticky or I cause we are working on code and not spending much time in the forums. Not to forget this isn't either of our's only application.

I'd post the 8.0 source, but I don't have it anymore. My working copy is up to 8.3 and sticky is on 8.4. We will probably be to 8.6 or more by the end of the weekend. You all are going to really like the next few chanes.

Stickywhipit and I have had many discussions and have decided this project will probably end around 1.0.0. This is because we will begin work on a full featured version bible when this one is done.

We do hope to bring you all a 1.0.0 in at least two other translations besides KJV, one in espanol (need a good Spanish bible in SQL to do this) and the other in a more modern English translation.

If either of you working on a foreign translation are working on Spanish we are in need of a Spanish bible in SQL format. If you can find the bible in a SQL version of that translation, we should be able to post one up for you shortly after the next release.

Oh, one last thing. This program is being distributed under the GNU GPL v3. Basically, it's free, the source is free and any derivatives of it are to be free as well. Thank you for complying with this decision.

That's it for now.
    oh, and my expierence is that I haven't been able to post any file over 1mb that isn't an .ipk
    Now no need to buy classic app to make olive tree work. Search feature and bookmarks would be something helpful, but not a programmer. I am sure it will come in time.
    Really neat app, thanks. Would love to see some other translations, too. Maybe with the ability to switch between them to compare passages across translations?
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast