Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Version 0.8.0 is out with:
    • Chapter navigation
    • Smoother transition between books

hit the first post for the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    thanks sketch, really, but the app is called simple bible. is there some way that you can change the icon to say simple bible, and then post only the icon in the [URL=" thread[/URL].

and would you please remove the repackaged ipk from this thread. the team would like to keep this thread for releases that we push out and comments only and all development stuff in the other thread.

and you are invited to help us out, development, graphics, layout. whatever your talent, we could probably use it...
    Sorry about that , lol , I even said to ,myself why didn't I name it simple bible. I'll redo it and send it to stickywhipit , its his thread his app he should have the final on the icon ... Downloading new vers. Can't wait for chapter skipping.
    One suggestion can you make it that we can select the default testament right now its set to new

cant PM attachments
    how about this one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sketch42; 08/03/2009 at 03:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Chapter selection works great, Thanks!

Was scrolling like mad this sunday when the preacher said, " Open your bibles to Isaiah chapter 53 Verse 3"

But I still beat my Girlfriend with her good ole Analog Bible..:P

Just to note I had to delete the old one in order for the new one to properly install. Might just be me, but I wanted to let everyone else know.
    Last edited by captainmike; 08/03/2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Saved to quickly didn't finish post.
    With Chapter selection, this is now a usable application. Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to other versions. I think there was something about an ESV in work--any news on that front?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    i love to have the bible on my pre nice work, it will be nice to have the spanish version too.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmelox View Post
    i love to have the bible on my pre nice work, it will be nice to have the spanish version too.
    we are still working on the basic functions of the app, so there will be a bit of a delay on translations and other versions od the text. The issue we face in terms of translations is space. Right now the boble books are stored in files within the app and we are already seeing that people are having trouble because of the size. We are just thinking about how to access bible files on internal storage or hosted (but downloadable) on an external site.

Also, minimal effort was required for kjv because rposa or someone pointed us to a sql version of the bible which simplified page formatting. If you can point me a spanish version in a database, that would make things a lot eazier for me.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    cant PM attachments
    how about this one
    Very nice, thanks!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtbii View Post
    Any chance for NIV and NLT???

Thank you for this!!
    NIV please.... if not already done... Thanks!
    I like the idea of a simple Bible app. and I think it has a lot of appeal. I'm glad you don't have lexicon, memos, or anything else that would clutter the app. I love the chapter selection, but it needs to be easier with less tapping. The magnifying lens is misleading, then you have to go to the bottom of the screen to select, then you have to scroll, then you have to tap again. How about the chapter number be there in place of a magnifying lens. When you tap on it, a table slides down with all of the chapter numbers there to choose from. I guess Psalms would be a problem this way though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    NIV please.... if not already done... Thanks!
    NIV is under copyright so you have to pay for it. Probably not what they want to mess with right now.
    Instead of the back button, why not tap the book name button. It would seem very natural - tap the book, choose it, tap the chapter, choose it, and you're there. Very simple.

Also, it would be nice to save the last location for those that continue reading where they left off. That would eliminate the book selection screen when opening. Very simple.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfphysics View Post
    I like the idea of a simple Bible app. and I think it has a lot of appeal. I'm glad you don't have lexicon, memos, or anything else that would clutter the app. I love the chapter selection, but it needs to be easier with less tapping. The magnifying lens is misleading, then you have to go to the bottom of the screen to select, then you have to scroll, then you have to tap again. How about the chapter number be there in place of a magnifying lens. When you tap on it, a table slides down with all of the chapter numbers there to choose from. I guess Psalms would be a problem this way though.
    this is what we are planning, but frankos72 got the ui for chapter selection working, and i hooked the dynamic list of chapters into it last night and wanted to post something to appease the masses.

frankos72 originally had a jump button at the bottom across from the back button. we agreed to set it up this way and push it out to everyone for their feedback.

now that chapter selection works, we may take a little more time and implement a few features before the next release, and really try to solidify the ui and feature placement.
    I can remember using an app from my Treo days that would go out to BibleGateway or another bible site and download versions of the bible into a .pdb file. If that app could be found would you be able to convert the pdb file over into something usable for this app?
    While I may not use this app, I want to thank you for being a developer for the Pre and recognize all the hard work you put into this!
    hey can you make it in spanish version i really need it in spanish will be great for me thanks!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Many have purchased Olive Tree Products in the past and own NIV, NLT, etc. Any chance that this could import those files? No copyrights to be worried about if you already own it.

JAB
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfphysics View Post
    The magnifying lens is misleading, then you have to go to the bottom of the screen to select, then you have to scroll, then you have to tap again. How about the chapter number be there in place of a magnifying lens. When you tap on it, a table slides down with all of the chapter numbers there to choose from. I guess Psalms would be a problem this way though.
    I agree. I didn't even know it had chapter selection, and I thought the magnifying lens was actually a search feature, since that's kinda what Microsoft uses.

I think there has been some good constructive criticism, and I like where the app is going.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I can remember using an app from my Treo days that would go out to BibleGateway or another bible site and download versions of the bible into a .pdb file. If that app could be found would you be able to convert the pdb file over into something usable for this app?
    we are considering the possibility of downloading those texts into a local sqlite db, the db format that is supported on the palm pre. afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $pre$ $can$ $not$ $yet$ $read$ .$pdb$ $files$.

we are also considering to hosting the set of kjv files online to make the app small and then offer a ui to download texts from either a list of sites we know that we can get or user entered, but there is still a ways to go to get to that point.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    please help....i cant get aany apps to work....i have the installer with the green button on my desktop..i saved this app to my downloads then drag into the installer...when i open the installer i c it there but is not on my phone...no apps from homebrew are...where should i see the apps
    I've been waiting for a bible app. Thank you very much!!
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast