Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I have begun a separate thread to pull together the LDS Scriptures using this format.

If you are interested you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...criptures.html
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Thanks for the app. Am looking forward to new versions.
    I am in the process of trying to add the additional LDS scriptures to this program. I have fully converted one book within the Book of Mormon, and have changed the code throughout to accommodate the books as they are completed.

With the exception they don't work.

If someone could take a look at the code and see what I have done wrong I would appreciate it. In particular there is an if/then statement in the first-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $I$ $am$ $beginning$ $to$ $wonder$ $if$ $I$ $made$ $a$ $bad$ $assumption$ $on$. $Can$ $you$ $not$ $have$ $multiple$ &$quot$;$else$&$quot$; $statements$?

Any help would be appreciated.

the file is here

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/83030/..._0.7.0_all.ipk
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    Stickywhipit,

I have got a fully functioning example of a intpicker for jumping chapters. I've put it in the dev forums so as to keep this thread dedicated to the actual app itself and not development. Since we know the dev comments can make it long FAST. So that said, here is a link to the post will all the info.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...31#post1798231

I bet you can put this in the booksceen in less than an hour!
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    Moderator Note:
    This thread is about developing a specialized eBook reader that can be used by anyone.
    Any post about anything other than this eBook development will be deleted.

This is a simple bible application. it has all of the old and new testament books based on the king james version in it at present. we plan to incorporate many more features into it over time, like easier chapter/verse navigation, bookmarks, annotations, reading lists, not to mention trying to get other translations and even other religious texts. lots to do, but we are starting simple.
    Attachment 24703Attachment 24704
    there are also lots of members to thank frankos72, colonel kernel, wonko (for starting the project and motivation), rposa, sirwill, and the list goes on from there. check out the progression of the app in these 2 posts: [URL=" HTML archive to app?[/URL] and [URL=" First Bible App[/URL].

i am hosting the source code from all versions for download (including a pre friendly download link of the app) at [URL=" link[/URL].

please enjoy and offer feedback. it has been a pleasure working on this app.
    Thanks
    Do you have spanish version.??
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I'd go one further. How about integration with universal search? Just flip open the slider, type in either chapter and verse or another search term and select Simple Bible from the dropdown list of search engines.

Ultimately, that would be great!
    is that possible without rooting and changing how universal search works? US only shows apps that begin with letters you type, otherwise it sets itself up for some sort of web search... it would be awesome to hotwire that in, though.
    Thanks, this is an awesome. I would love a search feature, bookmarking or highlight feature
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    keep getting an install error. I've tried to install via quick install and filecoaster. Anyone else having an issue.
    This is awesome!! Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm so excited that now there's a Bible app such as this for the Pre instead of an internet version. I've been enjoying & learning my Pre as it is and have avoided the entire homebrew thingy until now & ready to plunge in. Could you please post a step by step process on how to get your Bible app onto a Pre? I need baby steps coming from Treocentral and the Centro.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Suggestions on other translations: WEB World English Bible, also consider God's Word to the Nations. WEB is public domain. God's Word isn't public domain but the publisher has allowed other e-bible software publishers to offer it as a free version.
    Great App. I'd love to see a "go to" chapter option, especially for use in church but this is a great way to take the word with you....thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    could you PLEASE change the icon?...i don't really like the look. you could change it to a bible or something..i know it will not be a big deal for you guys. other than that, great work guys!!!
    i made a simple book icon and repackaged
    Last edited by sketch42; 08/03/2009 at 03:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Is it possible to be able to somehow add notes to a certain scripture? Sometimes if your listening to a sermon and like to add a few notes to the scipture they are talking about
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I'm so excited that now there's a Bible app such as this for the Pre instead of an internet version. I've been enjoying & learning my Pre as it is and have avoided the entire homebrew thingy until now & ready to plunge in. Could you please post a step by step process on how to get your Bible app onto a Pre? I need baby steps coming from Treocentral and the Centro.
    well, there is a forum sticky up top, here, that goes through the steps. they may not be baby steps, but they are relatively clear. try them out and post there if you get stuck.

then, the first app that you should install is fileCoaster.

then, you can unplug your pre and do all the downloads and installs from fileCoaster right on your pre, pretty easily.

it is sad that it is this hard to get apps, but so cool what the homebrew community has done in such a short time. and once you get fileCoaster, you will be a very happy camper.
    Great job guys. A couple years ago I started work on a web-based scripture site I could access from my Blackberry. I've recently ported it to WebOS - actually a hybrid - data is stored online but the UI is local. I'll be posting it to the homebrew forum soon. It includes: New & Old Testaments, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants and Pearl of Great Price.

UPDATE: Posted "Daily Scriptures" app today - look for it in the Homebrew forum.
    Last edited by reuben.olsen; 08/03/2009 at 12:06 PM. Reason: updated
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    i made a simple book icon and repackaged
    thanks sketch, really, but the app is called simple bible. is there some way that you can change the icon to say simple bible, and then post only the icon in the dev thread.

and would you please remove the repackaged ipk from this thread. the team would like to keep this thread for releases that we push out and comments only and all development stuff in the other thread.

and you are invited to help us out, development, graphics, layout. whatever your talent, we could probably use it...
    Last edited by stickywhipit; 08/02/2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I downloaded the new package, still have same cross icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I downloaded the new package, still have same cross icon.
    My experience has been that to change an Icon you have to install then reboot. Also, the icon wasn't correct it had the name of the app wrong. So, Sticky has asked for sketch42 to redo the icon with the correct name and post just the icon in the Developer forums under the bible dev thread where we can get it and put it in the proper release.

Speaking of proper release. The current one still has the cross icon. It's 0.8.0. You might want to make sure you have the 0.8.0 release as it's got a few fixes and most importantly a chapter picker in it.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by frankos72; 08/03/2009 at 01:04 AM.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast