Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
    Thank much for the Simple Bible app, I am glad to hear there is a Pro version in the works. Is there any plans on the pro version for Red Letter text and NIV version?
    I love this app. I was talking with my pastor last Sunday and he showed me the bible app on his Iphone and it had the ability to define words he said it enabled him to do word study's. My question is there a way to include footnotes like the message bible, where it has interpertations of the verses at the bottom? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I love this app. I was talking with my pastor last Sunday and he showed me the bible app on his Iphone and it had the ability to define words he said it enabled him to do word study's. My question is there a way to include footnotes like the message bible, where it has interpertations of the verses at the bottom? Thanks
    I think having the ability to use Laridian's "MyBible" software will take of most of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thank much for the Simple Bible app, I am glad to hear there is a Pro version in the works. Is there any plans on the pro version for Red Letter text and NIV version?
    We will be getting all of our translations from Laridian. They hope to be able to offer ALL translations currently available via the iPhone app MyBible on our SB Pro app too. I say hope because they have to make sure it is okay via their licenses with the various publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't have an iPhone or iPod so I can't compare our app to theirs. That said, we talk with them almost weekly and are trying to incorporate all the features that our users want and they feel is best for our app.
    Palm has released the newest version of Simple Bible, version 1.1.2. This new version adds the feature of multiple bookmarks. This should make it easier for you when jumping around between a few different spots in the bible. Click here to install it now.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Very nice addition - thank you for this little extra in the free program. And, like many others, I am looking forward to your release someday of the full version with Laridian's help. I hope the project is going smoothly and you're making good progress.
    The Pro Version is coming right along. We still can't comment on the release, but I can say it is still coming. When it does get out, I believe it will be the only app on webOS with access to NIV (and many more copyrighted versions) stored locally for offline viewing.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    The Pro Version is coming right along. We still can't comment on the release, but I can say it is still coming. When it does get out, I believe it will be the only app on webOS with access to NIV (and many more copyrighted versions) stored locally for offline viewing.
    That's awesome. I was at a disadvantage in Africa without data connection on my Pre. How helpful to have it offline in NIV. Can't wait. We'd all pay for it.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Nearly a month since the last post. Any status updates?
    Sorry, the rest of my life has gotten in the way of much work on my part (Simple Bible updates) but Tom is chuggin right along on Pro. Still no ETA on that though.
    well I'm using BibleZ this is an amazing bible app with different translations
    And there is offline support too

http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=de.zefanjas.biblez
    Last edited by douth; 05/14/2010 at 05:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by douth View Post
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Me too! I like this app, 'cause it makes it possible to work a little bit with the text. ... set a note or just mark a passage. All in all it is easy to use. Here is an overview over all features ... an a guide on youtube.

BibleZ read the bible the webOS way! || .:zefanjas:. ||
    Quote Originally Posted by douth View Post
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Me too! I like this app, 'cause it makes it possible to work a little bit with the text. ... set a note or just mark a passage. All in all it is easy to use. Here is an overview over all features ... an a guide on youtube.

BibleZ – read the bible the webOS way! – || .:zefanjas:. ||
    I believe BibleZ doesn't have copyrighted translations. Simple Bible Pro will. In fact we expect that all translations currently available for the iPhone app Pocket Bible should also be available for Simple Bible Pro.

This includeds translations such as NIV, NKJV, ESV, NASB and more.

For a complete translations listing, click here.
    Last edited by frankos72; 05/14/2010 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quick disclaimer - I did a search for this problem and turned up no answers. So I figured I'd ask here. Whenever I select King James Bible, it says "GetWorkSuccess - Loading Error", and it will not open. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I believe BibleZ doesn't have copyrighted translations. Simple Bible Pro will. In fact we expect that all translations currently available for the iPhone app Pocket Bible should also be available for Simple Bible Pro.

This includeds translations such as NIV, NKJV, ESV, NASB and more.

For a complete translations listing, click here.
    I really like the New Living Translation and have been using "YOUVERSION" while waiting for SBP to release. It works, but I really am anxious for more functionality. I know it is hard to speculate, but do you have any idea when it will be ready? Q2, Q3, Q4????

Thanks,
    JAB
    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    Quick disclaimer - I did a search for this problem and turned up no answers. So I figured I'd ask here. Whenever I select King James Bible, it says "GetWorkSuccess - Loading Error", and it will not open. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!
    Try uninstalling and redownloading the KJV translation.

Start by removing it from your current install set. Swipe it off the screen left to right or vice versa.

Then go to download a bible and download it again. This should fix you right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I really like the New Living Translation and have been using "YOUVERSION" while waiting for SBP to release. It works, but I really am anxious for more functionality. I know it is hard to speculate, but do you have any idea when it will be ready? Q2, Q3, Q4????

Thanks,
    JAB
    Sorry JAB, it's not that we can't speculate somewhat, but rather we have a signed contract with Laridian that doesn't allow either one of us to publish a target date. It's still progressing though.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Sorry JAB, it's not that we can't speculate somewhat, but rather we have a signed contract with Laridian that doesn't allow either one of us to publish a target date. It's still progressing though.
    Totally understandable. Just anxious...

thanks for the reply
    Add me to the list of those anxiously awaiting the Pro version. The NET bible will suffice for now, but I really want my NIV and NASB. One question on the Pro version: will we be able to add notes and highlight in the Pro version? Those are a couple of things I really miss from my copy of Laridian's MyBible when using Simple Bible.