Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    I'm excited yet am patiently waiting for the release of SB Pro. But speaking of SB 1.0.0, will there be any additional features other then what appears on the current and latest v0.24.5?
    Nothing noticeable. Well that' not entirely true. If your phone is localized to spanish or german, then you will notice that all the UI is now translated into your language. Other than that, it's just bug fixes, error checking and basic cleanup get ready for the app catalog stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    We are putting the finishing touches on Simple Bible. All that is left it tweaking the over the air downloads of new translations directly to your phone. This will be necessary for Pro anyway so once this is done, we will start on Pro.

Simple Bible Pro will eventually include search, highlighting, notes and access to copyrighted materials provided by Laridian Electronic Publishing.
    Does this mean that Simple Bible Pro is the Laridian Bible for the Palm Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmurfster View Post
    Does this mean that Simple Bible Pro is the Laridian Bible for the Palm Pre?
    No, we are not Laridian and don't have access to their code. Therefore, SB Pro will be entirely our own app. SB Pro will be a upgraded version of Simple Bible that includes extra features. The content for SB Pro will be supplied through an agreement with Laridian, it will include some copyrighted works. This is a change from using the open source / publicly available translations like Simple Bible and all other webOS Bibles currently do.

Last, if you have already purchased Laridian products in the past, and those same translations become available for SB Pro, then Laridian is arranging so that you will have access to them using SB Pro at no additional charge. In fact they are working to make sure you only have to purchase a translation once to use it on all the different mobile platforms that they support. So this also means that if you later decide to leave webOS and go to say black berry or windows mobile, then you can purchase(if it's not free) the Laridian Supported app for your new device and use the translations you had on Simple Bible without having to purchase them again. All of this is dependent, of course, on the translation being available on both platforms.

Last, before you ask, we don't know what translations will and won't be available for SB Pro. That has to be worked out between Laridian and the translation copyright holders.
    After I updated WebOS to 1.3.5, I had to redownload all the bibles. However, after each one is downloaded, it asked me to download again. Anybody is having this issue?

Thanks
    I have just experienced this too. Something has been broken in the download bible part of the program. It appears to be downloading the bible just fine, it is just not putting it on this list.

In the process of troubleshooting, I made the problem go away. I went to my USB Drive and deleted all the bibles and then when I redownloaded it worked fine. I'm not sure what is causing this problem...

Another option, which I didn't get to test would be to try "Add a translation Manually" which is found on the app menu. It should find any bibles on your USB Drive and give you the option to "Install" them into the program.

Let me know if that doesn't get you going. In the meantime, we will try and squash that bug soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Adding the translations manually worked for me.
    Cool, manually adding a translation works. Thanks.

However, SimpleBible kept asking if I want to update to a new version. Just like what it did a while back. Just an FYI.
    Reina-Valera Antigua is now available for Simple Bible. You may download it from our website or directly from the application if you have version 0.24.5 or greater.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Wondering how the partnership with laridian is progressing. Do you have an estimate as to when simple bible pro with laridian content will be available?
    No ETA's yet. For now, all I can say is it is a work in progress.
    No ETA's yet. For now, all I can say is it is a work in progress.
    If the "Simple Bible" folks signed an agreement with Laridian, then we may not hear anything until the day it is released. Laridian has GREAT Bible software, but their communication STINKS! Laridian has a "no-tell" policy. They won't reveal release dates or plans ever, under any circumstances - So, if Simple Bible has signed an agreement with Laridian then I wouldn't be surprised if they had to agree to the "no-tell" policy.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hmmm...all this silence kills me. Having my version of the Bible on my phone is really the only thing I really miss about my old Treo (other than 4 or 5 day battery life). I just wish laridian or olive tree would commit to webos and hurry up about it.
    Does anyone else have a rotate bug with 1.0.2? If I am viewing in rotated (landscape) mode, whenever I change books, chapter, or switch between OT and NT, it redraws in portrait mode. Then I have to un-rotate, and then rotate again, and then it redraws correctly.

My wife's pre is running an older version of Simple Bible (one before it made it to the official app catalog), and I don't recall hers having this problem.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarnhar View Post
    Does anyone else have a rotate bug with 1.0.2? If I am viewing in rotated (landscape) mode, whenever I change books, chapter, or switch between OT and NT, it redraws in portrait mode. Then I have to un-rotate, and then rotate again, and then it redraws correctly.

My wife's pre is running an older version of Simple Bible (one before it made it to the official app catalog), and I don't recall hers having this problem.

Thanks,
    Scott
    There is a known rotation bug. This is a different description of how it happens and how to correct it from what I have experienced. I'll add your info to the list and see if it doesn't help me track it down. I've spent a couple hours trying to find the one I'm aware of. I can tell you exactly when it happens, but not exactly how to stop it. Anyway, thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hope all is well. I know that Simpble Bible is not a full-time job, but, I was wondering can you give us any update or status on Simple Bible Pro for the Pre....the one in corporation with Laridian. If not...is it still in the works?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    +1
    Progress on Simple Bible Pro is moving along. We are having to rework a lot of the program to allow for the advanced features that users of Laridian software are used to.

In the meantime we have decided to add some of the features that we are planning for Pro into the standard version of Simple Bible too. Look for new features in the soon to arrive Simple Bible Updates.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Progress on Simple Bible Pro is moving along. We are having to rework a lot of the program to allow for the advanced features that users of Laridian software are used to.

In the meantime we have decided to add some of the features that we are planning for Pro into the standard version of Simple Bible too. Look for new features in the soon to arrive Simple Bible Updates.

Thank you for the update. I'm still excited!

Thanks for the update. I can't wait. Actually, I will be waiting so I guess the correct phrase is I'm excited.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

This and voice recording are the only two things I miss from my treo. Thanks for the update.