Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thanks! I look forward to chapter and verse navigation. My favorite kind is like on My Bible from Laridian where you can just punch the chapter and verse numbers into the keyboard. Like 25.5 or 25:5 to go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Thanks! I look forward to chapter and verse navigation. My favorite kind is like on My Bible from Laridian where you can just punch the chapter and verse numbers into the keyboard. Like 25.5 or 25:5 to go there.
    Hrm. Very neat idea, and simple! I think we should consider this.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I'd go one further. How about integration with universal search? Just flip open the slider, type in either chapter and verse or another search term and select Simple Bible from the dropdown list of search engines.

Ultimately, that would be great!
    That would be sweet!
    Thanks guys was waiting til it hit homebrew section b/c my pre wont let me SDK load anymore due to it being filled. But i can add some thru FileCoaster so thxx!!
    SCK Manager
    Although, this isn't my type of application (I'll just leave it at that) you did a very good job on it. Congrats

I can't wait to see what else you'll do on the Pre.
  7. FON
    Very smooth flow. A search function will certainly add to the experience but this is nice work!!
  8. grn
    Thank Really needed this to keep me out of trouble
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    A very good start on this application. Nice work and thank you to all of you coders.

I am looking forward to improvements! This is fantastic for the first step.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    How would I go about get this to work with the "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures"?
    Nice job! Thank you.
    This is great. A good Bible application is something I'm missing the most from my old Treos as I migrated to the Pre. I used PalmBiblePlus (palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net) for a long time and found it to be as good as anything I ever needed on a mobile device. It includes original language support, lexicon lookup, notes, bookmarks, fast searches, etc. It was perfect for my needs and I really miss it. It does work well on Classic, but I definitely want a native WebOS app to replace it.

As you move toward working with multiple versions, I would suggest thinking about providing the capability to use or import Bible version databases in the PalmBiblePlus format. There are a bunch of Bibles out there in that format and there are also a bunch of utilities out there for getting versions from other electronic formats (BibleWorks, Quickverse, The Sword, Online Bible, etc.). If you had a way to use or import version databases from PalmBiblePlus, that would open up a ton of options for everyone. Here's a link to their utilities for importing from other formats: PalmBible+ - Creating Yousr Own Bibles.

So thanks and keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to multiple version support, searching, and eventually original language support. Thanks!
    Stickywhipit, I love this app! I've been looking for a good bible webapp but non of them were good. Now you come along and blow everyone out! THANKS ALLOT!
    BTW is there anychance that you could put the Book of Mormon in this app? I could supply you with the text files necissary for the app.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    great!! this and a dictionary are my most missed apps from my old phone
    could you PLEASE change the icon?...i don't really like the look. you could change it to a bible or something..i know it will not be a big deal for you guys. other than that, great work guys!!!
    Congrats all! You did a great job! Will there be tweaks, yes. Will there be things that change, yes. That said, you managed to get the heavy lifting done on something a significant number of people both needed and wanted done.

Thanks!
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
    I want to add how impressed I am with the code. I am not a coder, but I can tell exactly what is going on as I read it. Not only did you make it happen, but you blazed a trail for the rest of us.

Thank you!

I am going to get working on this tonight.
    PalmPilot => PalmIII => Palm 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700 => Treo 750 => Palm Pre
  18.    #38  
    wonko: so we don't duplicate effort, what feature are you interested to work on? and pm me your im account (aim prefered) so we can keep in touch better and not gum up the forum with development discussions.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Stickywhipit, I love this app! I've been looking for a good bible webapp but non of them were good. Now you come along and blow everyone out! THANKS ALLOT!
    BTW is there anychance that you could put the Book of Mormon in this app? I could supply you with the text files necissary for the app.
    shoot me the files and i'll see what i can do, no promises, of course.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    This is great. A good Bible application is something I'm missing the most from my old Treos as I migrated to the Pre. I used PalmBiblePlus (palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net) for a long time and found it to be as good as anything I ever needed on a mobile device. It includes original language support, lexicon lookup, notes, bookmarks, fast searches, etc. It was perfect for my needs and I really miss it. It does work well on Classic, but I definitely want a native WebOS app to replace it.

As you move toward working with multiple versions, I would suggest thinking about providing the capability to use or import Bible version databases in the PalmBiblePlus format. There are a bunch of Bibles out there in that format and there are also a bunch of utilities out there for getting versions from other electronic formats (BibleWorks, Quickverse, The Sword, Online Bible, etc.). If you had a way to use or import version databases from PalmBiblePlus, that would open up a ton of options for everyone. Here's a link to their utilities for importing from other formats: PalmBible+ - Creating Yousr Own Bibles.

So thanks and keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to multiple version support, searching, and eventually original language support. Thanks!
    we will definitely look into everything that you have suggested. we even have an individual that is making phone calls to try to get inroads!
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast