Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 429
  1. #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    yeah, I'm affraid you found something I overlooked last night at 2am. I know what's going on now, and I hope to fix it later today. Look for a 0.23.1 in a bit.



    0.23.1 is up, it fixes the no bibles in the install list after download bug. Thanks for pointing this out.
    where is it I see 0.23.0 not 0.23.1???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. #362  
    any one???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. nak
    nak is offline
    nak's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    where is it I see 0.23.0 not 0.23.1???
    go ahead and update anyway. once done, the app will be 0.23.1. preware doesn't list it as 0.23.1 but once updated and installed the version number will change from 0.23.0 to 0.23.1 in the app. that's what happened to me today.
  4. nak
    nak is offline
    nak's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    #364  
    0.23.3 is up now! nice improvements but how i wish you had not included that background image on the splash screen. makes it harder to read. the plain splash screen was the best for me due to its simplicity.
  5. darrenf's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #365  
    This is my first time participating in this thread and I haven't looked back over the whole thread, so please excuse (or excoriate ) me if this is a redundant feature request.

    Laridian PocketBible on WinMo has a devastatingly good feature (which for some reason wasn't included on the PalmOS version) that I would like to see in Simple Bible if possible.

    The keyboard is not used while reading, so in PocketBible you can start typing the name of a book, chapter and verse at any time. This allows me to jump around in an instant. The parser is very good at understanding different versions of the same reference which makes it intuitive because, as a reader, I don't have to remember the shortname for a book. I can type "mk 1 1" or "mrk 1:1" or "mark 1 1" and it always gets me to the right place.

    Would it be reasonable to add this to the wishlist for Simple Bible?

    Kudos to the developers!

    -darren
  6. #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenf View Post
    This is my first time participating in this thread and I haven't looked back over the whole thread, so please excuse (or excoriate ) me if this is a redundant feature request.

    Laridian PocketBible on WinMo has a devastatingly good feature (which for some reason wasn't included on the PalmOS version) that I would like to see in Simple Bible if possible.

    The keyboard is not used while reading, so in PocketBible you can start typing the name of a book, chapter and verse at any time. This allows me to jump around in an instant. The parser is very good at understanding different versions of the same reference which makes it intuitive because, as a reader, I don't have to remember the shortname for a book. I can type "mk 1 1" or "mrk 1:1" or "mark 1 1" and it always gets me to the right place.

    Would it be reasonable to add this to the wishlist for Simple Bible?

    Kudos to the developers!

    -darren
    I think this is a fantastic Idea. It's been mentioned a time or two but never in such detail. Since I came from PalmOS and a really old version o MyBible, I never saw this 1st hand.

    I'll pt it on the list of desired features now.

    Thanks!

    Jev
  7. #367  
    Hi- I have verison 0.23.3 installed, but when I select the download version I go quickly to 65 of 67 and it never finishes. I have been stuck on the 65 of 67 (none showing failed) for the 5 hours. Is this normal?
  8. ehupp01's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #368  
    Love the new icon!!
  9. #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon219 View Post
    Hi- I have verison 0.23.3 installed, but when I select the download version I go quickly to 65 of 67 and it never finishes. I have been stuck on the 65 of 67 (none showing failed) for the 5 hours. Is this normal?
    You can always visit our website and do a manual download and install.

    I'd like to know what translation are you trying to download. That way I can make sure there isn't something specifically wrong with it.

    Lastly, we are working on putting a timeout and error checking in there so it won't try to download for more than a certain length of time.
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehupp01 View Post
    Love the new icon!!
    Thanks!
  11. #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I'd like to know what translation are you trying to download. That way I can make sure there isn't something specifically wrong with it.
    I tried to install King James Version, Net Bible, American Standard Version- basically all of them. I didn't have problems downloading any of the versions until this latest release.

    I uninstalled the app and deleted my previous translation via the USB. I installed the app again and now I am able to download with no problems.

    Thanks again
    Last edited by bluemoon219; 11/21/2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: new information
  12. #372  
    Using 0.23.3 when I click on "Whats New?" on the home screen it drops down a listing of new features but they aren't scrollable. All I see is the part about how it doesn't store any bibles on the app partition but stores them on the USB partition. The next update I see the first line.
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon219 View Post
    I tried to install King James Version, Net Bible, American Standard Version- basically all of them. I didn't have problems downloading any of the versions until this latest release.

    I uninstalled the app and deleted my previous translation via the USB. I installed the app again and now I am able to download with no problems.

    Thanks again
    Thanks, we have another version coming soon. Rather than us dig back through the 0.23.3 code, Lets see if this update doesn't fix your problems.


    Quote Originally Posted by edrompa View Post
    Using 0.23.3 when I click on "Whats New?" on the home screen it drops down a listing of new features but they aren't scrollable. All I see is the part about how it doesn't store any bibles on the app partition but stores them on the USB partition. The next update I see the first line.
    Thank you. This will be fixed in the next update.
  14. Sharper's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #374  
    Laridian has another component called Daily Reader. Will Simple Bible Pro allow those daily devotionals to be imported and used as well?
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    Laridian has another component called Daily Reader. Will Simple Bible Pro allow those daily devotionals to be imported and used as well?
    We'll know more details in a month or so. We need to finish simple bible first.

    Speaking of, there is an update to Simple Bible available 0.24.5. It's mainly a UI cleanup with some small bug fixes.
  16. Taigerr's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    Laridian has another component called Daily Reader. Will Simple Bible Pro allow those daily devotionals to be imported and used as well?
    Please please do try and make the full suite importable....
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taigerr View Post
    Please please do try and make the full suite importable....
    It would be in the best interest of ALL parties involved for us to support as many different Laridian Publications as possible. That said, we haven't worked out all the details on data storage so we can't really comment on what will and won't be available at this time.
  18. #378  
    I am trying to decide between the droid and the pre. I was really happy with mybible on palmos and simple bible may the the deciding factor for me. Any idea when the pay version will be available?
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by billrininger View Post
    I am trying to decide between the droid and the pre. I was really happy with mybible on palmos and simple bible may the the deciding factor for me. Any idea when the pay version will be available?
    It seems there are a many people out there that have decisions to make that are based on thie arrival of Simple Bible Pro. At this point, it is too early to tell when we will be done.

    I can say we only have a few nights worth of work left before Simple Bible 1.0.0 is finished. But with the Holidays around the corner, and Bits of God being a 2nd job for all those involved, it will likely be Jan before we get started on SB Pro.

    Thanks for understanding,
  20. Sharper's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #380  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    It seems there are a many people out there that have decisions to make that are based on thie arrival of Simple Bible Pro. At this point, it is too early to tell when we will be done.

    I can say we only have a few nights worth of work left before Simple Bible 1.0.0 is finished. But with the Holidays around the corner, and Bits of God being a 2nd job for all those involved, it will likely be Jan before we get started on SB Pro.

    Thanks for understanding,

    I'm excited yet am patiently waiting for the release of SB Pro. But speaking of SB 1.0.0, will there be any additional features other then what appears on the current and latest v0.24.5?

Posting Permissions