Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this problem? I was only able to reproduce it once and then it didn't happen again.

I don't think a lot of people will see it and if they do, maybe only once?
    I get it every time I open the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehupp01 View Post
    I get it every time I open the app.
    Me too (so far anyway). I also got a notice that there was an update to 0.12.9 after I had already updated to that version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Me too (so far anyway). I also got a notice that there was an update to 0.12.9 after I had already updated to that version.
    With the 0.12.9 reminder, there should be a "Hide Reminder" button. Have you tried pressing this? If so, do you still get the reminder after tapping it?

I have submitted 0.12.10 to palm for the app catalog which will fix this.

I've put a 0.12.11 in the Homebrew Apps, this is 0.12.10 that I sent to palm but tweaked back for the Homebrew Crowd. It has the smaller KJV Starter in it instead of the full KJV to save space on the app partition. Also, it has the cookie kill in to help with debugging if needed.

I believe you will need to do a Cookie Kill to get back to the KJV Starter on the menu.
    Last edited by frankos72; 11/09/2009 at 03:52 PM.
    It is likely a problem with the .toc file. This is a bit technical, but here it is.

The .toc file is a .json file. The very first item in there is something like:
    "work":"en_kjv",

When you go to install it does a quick cross check to make sure there are no other files installed with the same "work" variable. In the case of the example above it would be "en_kjv".

So, open the various .toc files you have that HaPe's converter created and see if they all have the same work name. If so, change it and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Jev
    You were right on the money. That solved my problems. I don't know why HaPe's convertor didn't create the "work:" items. I suspect my Zefania modules didn't have the correct fields. Off to check that...

BTW, how is Simple Bible Pro coming along. I would love to hear more about it. What features are you planning? I sure loved Bible+ on the Palm (hint hint).
    With the 0.12.9 reminder, there should be a "Hide Reminder" button. Have you tried pressing this? If so, do you still get the reminder after tapping it?

I've put a 0.12.11 in the Homebrew Apps, this is 0.12.10 that I sent to palm but tweaked back for the Homebrew Crowd. It has the smaller KJV Starter in it instead of the full KJV to save space on the app partition. Also, it has the cookie kill in to help with debugging if needed.

I believe you will need to do a Cookie Kill to get back to the KJV Starter on the menu.
    any new versions or searching coming out soon maybe??? i would love to be able to search through my bibles lol ,by the way i pray that God blesses you greatly for providing this app for no cost to the public its very generous of you to do that !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this problem? I was only able to reproduce it once and then it didn't happen again.

I don't think a lot of people will see it and if they do, maybe only once?
    i get the pop up every time i open the app
    Quote Originally Posted by okramer View Post
    i get the pop up every time i open the app
    Thanks, is this version 12.9, 12.10 or 12.11?

If you update to 12.11 from homebrew, the problem should go away.

Jev
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    BTW, how is Simple Bible Pro coming along. I would love to hear more about it. What features are you planning? I sure loved Bible+ on the Palm (hint hint).
    We are putting the finishing touches on Simple Bible. All that is left it tweaking the over the air downloads of new translations directly to your phone. This will be necessary for Pro anyway so once this is done, we will start on Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    any new versions or searching coming out soon maybe??? i would love to be able to search through my bibles
    Simple Bible Pro will eventually include search, highlighting, notes and access to copyrighted materials provided by Laridian Electronic Publishing.

The only button in the notice is "OK". This is the popup with the title "NOTICE" that just says 'first of getNoticeSuccess'. I don't have anything that says 'Hide reminder'. This is 0.12.9 from the app store. I don't have any homebrew apps.
    We are putting the finishing touches on Simple Bible. All that is left it tweaking the over the air downloads of new translations directly to your phone. This will be necessary for Pro anyway so once this is done, we will start on Pro.

Simple Bible Pro will eventually include search, highlighting, notes and access to copyrighted materials provided by Laridian Electronic Publishing.
    I would like to see at least searching in the free version. The others I can see making exclusive to the pay version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The only button in the notice is "OK". This is the popup with the title "NOTICE" that just says 'first of getNoticeSuccess'. I don't have anything that says 'Hide reminder'. This is 0.12.9 from the app store. I don't have any homebrew apps.
    Okay, well I just assumed that since you were reading here that you might be a home brewer. We have sent a new version to Palm for their approval and it is current in "Being Reveiwed" state which seems to take anywhere from a day or two to 3 weeks depending on the importance they see in your update.

The only other way around this is to install the latest "beta" from precentral. It is the same version I sent to Palm as an update but with a smaller initial bible (KJV Starter) and it has a cookie kill option which has helped with debugging for some folks.
    Okay, well I just assumed that since you were reading here that you might be a home brewer. We have sent a new version to Palm for their approval and it is current in "Being Reveiwed" state which seems to take anywhere from a day or two to 3 weeks depending on the importance they see in your update.

The only other way around this is to install the latest "beta" from precentral. It is the same version I sent to Palm as an update but with a smaller initial bible (KJV Starter) and it has a cookie kill option which has helped with debugging for some folks.
    No sweat, it's not like it's totally ruining my experience with the app. I click ok once every time I start it and go on. I'm just happy to be able to read something on my phone besides the KJV. Was hoping that extra clarification might help if you were still looking for the bug.

I do really want to try out some homebrew apps and write some of my own, but I've been so busy I just haven't taken the time to download and install (and really read) everything I need.

I finally installed all the stuff to put homebrew apps on my phone (and wondering why I waited so long, it was stupid simple). I'm probably going to give this a shot, but I assume the correct procedure would be to remove the one from the app store before I install the homebrew version. I know there's a problem when trying to install from the app store when you have a home brew version, assume the reverse might cause an issue as well.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Thank you and may the Lord bless you for this great app! I'm looking forward to over-the-air downloads and all the rest of the new features
    I am running the newest 12.11 release from Homebrew. After I updated my Pre to 1.3.1 I ran the updates app to update my apps. Simple Bible showed up in there as one needing an update. The official App catalog does not show it as requiring an update though. Any ideas on what may be going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    I am running the newest 12.11 release from Homebrew. After I updated my Pre to 1.3.1 I ran the updates app to update my apps. Simple Bible showed up in there as one needing an update. The official App catalog does not show it as requiring an update though. Any ideas on what may be going on here?
    Oh, this is normal for the Homebrew version. See there is a file sitting out there on our website. It has a version # in it. The app checks this file every 7 days and if the version # is different from the previous one it got. If so, it forces the notification. You can just press the hide and move on.
    A new version is going up shortly. It includes translation downloads directly to the phone without the need of a computer. There is no error checking in the download process just yet, but we are getting there. You can still manually install translations from your phones USB drive too.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just an FYI... I just downloaded the new version (0.23.0) and tried to download multiple translations and they show that they download fine but they never show up in the list. I close the application and reload it an all I have is "Download a Bible" but not the translations I just downloaded.

I put the phone in USB mode and the files show up under the Simplebible folder and they look the same as the files I had already put in another directory from the last version. I removed the old files just to be sure and tried to DL again and still same results. Just letting you know.

Thanks for the great application.

Update: OK I now have removed Simple Bible from the launcher and re-installed it and I get the same result. One other thing I forgot to put in last time was that I get a message saying there is a new version to DL 0.12.9. I am able to go in and add them manually but they do not show up in the list after the DL.
    Last edited by bryers01; 11/18/2009 at 08:43 AM.
    yeah, I'm affraid you found something I overlooked last night at 2am. I know what's going on now, and I hope to fix it later today. Look for a 0.23.1 in a bit.

0.23.1 is up, it fixes the no bibles in the install list after download bug. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Last edited by frankos72; 11/18/2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    yeah, I'm affraid you found something I overlooked last night at 2am. I know what's going on now, and I hope to fix it later today. Look for a 0.23.1 in a bit.

0.23.1 is up, it fixes the no bibles in the install list after download bug. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Just dl the new version and it works great. Thanks for you hard work I really like this appilcation.

thanks again...