Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Great app! How do you get the ASV version that's pictured on your first page? I went to your website and it shows to go to downloads and how to go about downloading and installing but the link to that translation is not highlighted to click on.

Thanks!
    Hmmm... I'm getting freezes when I try to switch to a different book. Also, the set mark and go to mark buttons don't do anything.

edit: deleted and reinstalled and now seems to be working properly. Great!

Looking forward to the other translations.
    Last edited by Dr.Grace; 09/27/2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Thanks for the app! Is there any chance of getting "red" text for Jesus Christ? Also what are the chances of NIV in the future?
    a red letter edition would simply require a different set of html files.

If you can find a red letter html source, converting it to this format is not difficult

Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Thanks for the app! Is there any chance of getting "red" text for Jesus Christ? Also what are the chances of NIV in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Great app! How do you get the ASV version that's pictured on your first page? I went to your website and it shows to go to downloads and how to go about downloading and installing but the link to that translation is not highlighted to click on.

Thanks!
    Hello....is there an answer to this question I posted yesterday?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    .... while we finish up the first 2 new translations (NET and ESV), would be exciting for you all. enjoy it and test it out and let us know what you think! here is the link to the homebrew version of the app.
    Hi,

we will get the Pre here in Germany in about 15days. For that reason I would like to start/help to get some German bible translations ready.
    I have the text files of some free translations here as an XML file.

Do you have any document about the needed format or is the simplest way to look inside the ipk to copy the existing format?

HaPe
  7.    #247  
    Hello....is there an answer to this question I posted yesterday?
    The translations should be available in the next couple days.
    Thanks!
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

we will get the Pre here in Germany in about 15days. For that reason I would like to start/help to get some German bible translations ready.
    I have the text files of some free translations here as an XML file.

Do you have any document about the needed format or is the simplest way to look inside the ipk to copy the existing format?

HaPe
    I wll pm you with the details, the version in the ipk does not have the latest updates to the format, although it is compatible. I don't want you to have to do double work.

Thanks!
    Sorry, we had to work on a last minute update to the files. So they are not on the website just yet. Expect them(ASV, NET) there in the next day or two as soon as we can get them reformatted.
    Absolutely LOVE the BOOKMARK function! Now all we need is search fuction and this will be THE BEST APP in the catalog! Thanks for all your hard work! If I can help in any way let me know!
    I would pay for NIV or preferably NAS...
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    a red letter edition would simply require a different set of html files.

If you can find a red letter html source, converting it to this format is not difficult
    Red Letter would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I would pay for NIV or preferably NAS...
    We do hope to bring these translations on board via a pay model in the future. As well as some of the other more often requested translations such as NLT and The Message.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thank you for this app. It is much appreciated.
    NET Bible and ASV translations are now available on our website for download.

There are instructions there explaining how to install them. If you are using Homebrew you likely don't need the "Detailed Instrcutions," but they are there for windows Vista if needed. If any of you are MAC users who might like to put together detailed instructions for how to install on a Mac we would be very gratefull. Once this hits the App store, we will need detailed instructions for XP, Vista and Mac so we don't get overwhelmed with "I don't know how to install ______ translation" questions. We don't think we need Linux since anyone using linux regularly should be able to figure it out.

Anyways, enjoy and let us know if you find any bugs or have any questions. We'd like to submit this version to Palm by the end of the weekend but we really need you all to test it hard before then.

Thanks!

Jev
    Love the new translations! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Great app, will you be accepting donations to help host/port translations? I looked around on the website and many posts in this thread and didn't find anywhere to help support.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
    Great app, will you be accepting donations to help host/port translations? I looked around on the website and many posts in this thread and didn't find anywhere to help support.
    Thank you for offering. We believe we will have to charge for certain translations which are copyrighted. Think: NIV, NLT, NASB, The Message, NKJV, etc. When we get there you can make a donation at that time.

Thank you for your kindness,
    I'm waiting for a NIV version, and papypal will be ready lol. Thanks for your time, and work.