Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmichae3 View Post
    I can do javascript, but I do not have a pre. I do not know what provisions the pre has in WebOS for allowing access to files. javascript by itself only can access a single document. It has been shown to me that it can be enhanced to access multiple outside files to make a search engine. Dreamweaver is built on Mozilla's Javascript Engine and has search-and-replace with optional regex that also has the option of spanning an entire folder tree. I am hoping webos has similar provisions.

I have javascript code that almost passes muster for AND search per line (currently though I think it does OR, will have to go over the code again). it does not currently sort the results. to sort results, it would require that I understand the structure of the document, and that each "line" or paragraph have the attributes ebook= chapter= verse= book=. I would also need to hard-code a structure in the code (maybe, just maybe a include file will work) that defines an array which contains a list of books and ebooks. if it is only a simple Bible reader, then the ebook entry is not needed.
    I am not a company, so I am unable to download the palm dev software.
    Jim Michaels
    I just added sorting. it no longer has the requirement of having attributes on each verse line. it has the requirements of having a complete reference at the beginning of each verse line followed by a space. but it still needs modification with code that accesses outside files. I am unsure exactly what the .match() function will find. will it be the inside text? or will it be HTML that I have to strip out?
    Last edited by jmichae3; 09/24/2009 at 05:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Here's a little teaser of the up coming version for all you loyal followers.

Additions Include Bookmarks, the app remembers your last location and the ability to install additional translations. As of this moment NET Bible is the only translation that we have ready, but dsei has joined our team and will be working on additional translations ASAP. Next up on the translations list, ASV and a Spanish Translation.
    Would like to know if this updated version will be included in the new app store of webOS 1.2 or should we watch for it in the homebrew section?
  3.    #223  
    I just added sorting. it no longer has the requirement of having attributes on each verse line. it has the requirements of having a complete reference at the beginning of each verse line followed by a space. but it still needs modification with code that accesses outside files. I am unsure exactly what the .match() function will find. will it be the inside text? or will it be HTML that I have to strip out?
    can you pass along some of the code for us to incorporate. we already have one search solution that we are looking into from the simple big book team, but would love to see what you have done as well.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharper View Post
    Would like to know if this updated version will be included in the new app store of webOS 1.2 or should we watch for it in the homebrew section?
    we may release it earlier into the homebrew for regression testing, before putting it in the palm app catalog. either way, the simple bible will always be free.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    can you pass along some of the code for us to incorporate. we already have one search solution that we are looking into from the simple big book team, but would love to see what you have done as well.
    how do I post code and where? this is not like sourceforge.net. email me from my contact page and I will email you back with the code. it's not safe for me to post my email here.
    http://jesusnjim.com/contactme.php
    Last edited by jmichae3; 09/24/2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: change email to url
    When I turn my pre into landscape mode the header bar does not extend to the length of the screen like it should. Just wandering (telling someone) if it is a bug or not. It does however adjust the first time I go into landscape ,but when I change books it shortens back up like I turned back vertical or something lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That question (about posting code) is why we strongly urge teams to post their code at public repositories.

For webos projects webos-internals or preware offers free git hosting.
    how do I post code and where? this is not like sourceforge.net. is there someone I can email? I left mine. email me and I will email you back with the code.
    You can also post it right here by using the Advanced Posting tools.
    Code:
    this.couldBeSample(code);
    BTW, Yall, look for a new Version from stickywhipit SOON. For more info and a change log visit our website www.bitsofgodsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    what are advanced posting tools? all I see here are plain editing controls in the reply box. you have got to help me out here. I am a complete newbie, and this editor appears to be way too simple for doing code. however, I will see if this comes out.

Code:
    /*
    I currently don't know how the pre handles reading documents by JSJSJS, $so$ $someone$ 
    $will$ $have$ $to$ $modify$ $that$ $section$ $of$ $code$ ($commented$).
    $all$ $you$ $need$ $is$ $a$ $form$ $with$ 
    &$lt$;$form$ $action$=&$quot$;$somepage$.$html$&$quot$; $method$=&$quot$;$POST$&$quot$;&$gt$;
    &$lt$;$input$ $type$='$text$' $name$='$searchtext$'&$gt$;
    &$lt$;$input$ $type$='$button$' $value$='$Word$ $Search$' $onclick$=&$quot$;$wordsearch_and$()&$quot$;&$gt$;
    &$lt$;$input$ $type$='$button$' $value$='$Phrase$ $Search$' $onclick$=&$quot$;$phrasesearch$()&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;$br$&$gt$;
    &$lt$;/$form$&$gt$;

$This$ $is$ $built$ $on$ $the$ $premise$ $that$ $each$ $verse$ $line$ $contains$ $the$ $complete$ $verse$ 
    $reference$ $in$ $the$ $form$ ($not$ $including$ $double$ $quotes$) 
    &$quot$;$1$ $Corinthans$ $12$:$2$ &$quot$; $within$ $at$ $least$ $the$ $first$ $10$ $characters$ $of$ $the$ $line$.

$Copyright$ $2009$ $Jim$ $Michaels$
    */

$var$ $books$=$Array$(
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Genesis$&$quot$;,$0$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Exodus$&$quot$;,$1$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Leviticus$&$quot$;,$2$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Numbers$&$quot$;,$3$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Deuteronomy$&$quot$;,$4$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Joshua$&$quot$;,$5$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Judges$&$quot$;,$6$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Ruth$&$quot$;,$7$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Samuel$&$quot$;,$8$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Samuel$&$quot$;,$9$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Kings$&$quot$;,$10$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Kings$&$quot$;,$11$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Chronicles$&$quot$;,$12$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Chronicles$&$quot$;,$13$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Ezra$&$quot$;,$14$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Nehemiah$&$quot$;,$15$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Esther$&$quot$;,$16$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Job$&$quot$;,$17$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Psalms$&$quot$;,$18$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Proverbs$&$quot$;,$19$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Ecclesiastes$&$quot$;,$20$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Song$ $of$ $Solomon$&$quot$;,$21$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Isaiah$&$quot$;,$22$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Jeremiah$&$quot$;,$23$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Lamentations$&$quot$;,$24$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Ezekiel$&$quot$;,$25$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Daniel$&$quot$;,$26$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Hosea$&$quot$;,$27$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Joel$&$quot$;,$28$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Amos$&$quot$;,$29$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Obadiah$&$quot$;,$30$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Jonah$&$quot$;,$31$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Micah$&$quot$;,$32$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Nahum$&$quot$;,$33$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Habakkuk$&$quot$;,$34$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Zephaniah$&$quot$;,$35$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Haggai$&$quot$;,$36$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Zecharaiah$&$quot$;,$37$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Malachi$&$quot$;,$38$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Matthew$&$quot$;,$39$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Mark$&$quot$;,$40$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Luke$&$quot$;,$41$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$John$&$quot$;,$42$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Acts$&$quot$;,$43$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Romans$&$quot$;,$44$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Corinthians$&$quot$;,$45$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Corinthians$&$quot$;,$46$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Galatians$&$quot$;,$47$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Ephesians$&$quot$;,$48$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Philippians$&$quot$;,$49$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Colossians$&$quot$;,$50$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Thessalonians$&$quot$;,$51$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Thessalonians$&$quot$;,$52$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Timothy$&$quot$;,$53$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Timothy$&$quot$;,$54$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Titus$&$quot$;,$55$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Philemon$&$quot$;,$56$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Hebrews$&$quot$;,$57$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$James$&$quot$;,$58$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $Peter$&$quot$;,$59$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $Peter$&$quot$;,$60$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$1$ $John$&$quot$;,$61$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$2$ $John$&$quot$;,$62$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$3$ $John$&$quot$;,$63$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Jude$&$quot$;,$64$),
    	$Array$(&$quot$;$Revelation$&$quot$;,$65$)
    );

//$assuming$ $the$ $verse$ $line$ $starts$ $like$ $1$ $Corinthans$ $12$:$2$
    //$if$ $a$ $book$ $like$ $clarke$'$s$ $commentary$ $is$ $to$ $be$ $used$ $instead$, $you$ $will$ $likely$ $need$ $to$ $change$ $this$ $function$.
    $function$ $extractReferenceFromVerseLine$($str$) {
    	//$search$ $for$ $book$
    	$var$ $bookpos$,$i$,$j$,$nextspace$,$found$=$false$;
    	$var$ $bookindex$,$chapter$,$verse$;
    	$for$ ($i$=$0$; $i$ &$lt$; $books$.$length$; $i$++) {
    		$bookpos$=$str$.$indexOf$($books$[$i$][$0$],$0$);
    		$if$ ($bookpos$ &$lt$; $10$ &$amp$;&$amp$; $bookpos$ != -$1$) {
    			$nextspace$=$str$.$indexof$(&$quot$; &$quot$;,$bookpos$+$books$[$i$][$0$].$length$);
    			$bookindex$=$i$;
    			$found$=$true$;
    			$break$;
    		}
    	}

//$return$ $Array$($book$ $index$, $chapter$#, $verse$#)
    	$if$ ($found$) {
    		//$extract$ $chapter$
    		$i$=$nextspace$+$1$; 
    		$while$ ($str$.$charAt$($i$) != ':') {
    			$i$++;
    		}
    		//$char$ $found$ $was$ $a$ : $so$ $prev$ $char$ $was$ $last$ $char$ $of$ $chapter$ $number$.
    		$chapter$=$p$****$Int$($str$.$slice$($nextspace$+$1$,$i$)); //$slice$ $does$ $not$ $include$ $end$ $position$ $i$
    		$i$++;
    		$j$=$i$;
    		$while$ ($str$.$charAt$($j$) != ' ') {
    			$j$++;
    		}
    		$verse$=$p$****$Int$($str$.$slice$($i$,$j$)); //$slice$ $does$ $not$ $include$ $end$ $position$ $j$
    		$return$ $Array$($bookindex$,$chapter$,$verse$);
    	} $else$ {
    		$return$ $Array$(-$1$,-$1$,-$1$); //
    	}
    }

$function$ $sortfunction$($a$, $b$){
    	//$Compare$ &$quot$;$a$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$b$&$quot$; $in$ $some$ $fashion$, $and$ $return$ -$1$, $0$, $or$ $1$
    	//$note$: $these$ $are$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $arrays$ $of$ $4$ $items$, 
    	//$bookindex$,$chapter$,$verse$,$verseline$.  
    	//$we$ $are$ $only$ $concerned$ $with$ $bookindex$,$chapter$,$verse$
    	$if$ ($a$[$0$]==$b$[$0$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$1$]==$b$[$1$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$2$]==$b$[$2$]) {
    		$return$ $0$;
    	}
    	$if$ ($a$[$0$]&$lt$;$b$[$0$] ||
    		$a$[$0$]==$b$[$0$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$1$]&$lt$;$b$[$1$]||
    		$a$[$0$]==$b$[$0$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$1$]==$b$[$1$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$2$]&$lt$;$b$[$2$]
    		) {
    		$return$ -$1$
    	}

$if$ ($a$[$0$]&$gt$;$b$[$0$] ||
    		$a$[$0$]==$b$[$0$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$1$]&$gt$;$b$[$1$]||
    		$a$[$0$]==$b$[$0$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$1$]==$b$[$1$] &$amp$;&$amp$; $a$[$2$]&$gt$;$b$[$2$]
    		) {
    		$return$ $1$
    	}

}

$function$ $ltrim$($str$) {
    	$vvar$ $index$=$0$;
        $while$ ($str$[$index$]==' '||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$t$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$r$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$b$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$n$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$f$') {
    		$index$++;
    	}
    	//$index$ $now$ $points$ $to$ $the$ $first$ $non$-$whitespace$ $character$.
    	$return$ $str$.$substring$($index$, $str$.$length$);
    }

$function$ $rtrim$($str$) {
    	$vvar$ $index$=$str$.$length$-$1$;
        $while$ ($str$[$index$]==' '||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$t$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$r$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$b$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$n$'||
    		   $str$[$index$]=='\$f$') {
    		$index$--;
    	}
    	//$index$ $now$ $points$ $to$ $the$ $first$ $non$-$whitespace$ $character$.
    	$return$ $str$.$substring$($0$, $index$);
    }

$function$ $wordsearch_and$() {
    	$var$ $words$=$document$.$forms$[$0$].$searchtext$.$value$; //$retrieve$ $contents$ $of$ $textbox$ $named$ $searchtext$ $from$ $first$ $form$ $in$ $document$

//$bogus$ $character$ $replace$ $with$ $space$
    	//$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;,&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $commas$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$t$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $tabs$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$b$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $backspaces$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$r$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $returns$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$n$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $newlines$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$f$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $formfeeds$ $as$ $spaces$

//$eliminate$ $repeat$ $spaces$
    	$var$ $i$, $L1$, $L2$;
    	$do$ {
    		$L1$=$words$.$length$;
    		$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;  &$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;);
    		$L2$=$words$.$length$;
    	} $while$ ($L1$ != $L2$);

$words$=$rtrim$($ltrim$($words$)); //$trim$ $off$ $whitespace$ $from$ $ends$

//$split$ $up$ $words$
    	$var$ $wordslist$ = $words$.$split$(&$quot$; &$quot$;);
    	//$now$ $we$ $have$ $a$ $useable$ $set$ $of$ $words$.

//$from$ $here$ $on$, $use$ $document$.$match$() $to$ $search$ $for$ $strings$ $using$ $the$ $following$ $code$:
    	$var$ $flag$, $j$, $k$,$found$;
    	$var$ $arr$=$Array$();
    	$var$ $resultsarr$=$Array$();
    	$var$ $z$;
    	//$for$ $every$ $document$ $use$ $var$ $a$ {
    		//$somehow$ $get$ $document$ $at$ $var$ $a$.
    		$for$ ($i$=$0$,$flag$=$true$; $i$ &$lt$; $wordslist$.$length$; $i$++) {
    			$z$=$a$.$window$.$document$.$match$($wordlist$[$i$]); //$match$() $returns$ $an$ $array$ $of$ $strings$
    			//$insert$ $bookindex$, $chapter$, $verse$ $along$ $with$ $the$ $verseline$ $result$ $as$ $an$ $array$
    			$for$ ($j$=$0$; $j$ &$lt$; $z$.$length$; $j$++) {
    				$k$=$z$[$j$];
    				$var$ $t$=$extractReferenceFromVerseLine$($k$)
    				$z$[$j$]=$Array$($t$[$0$],$t$[$1$],$t$[$2$],$k$); //$book$ $index$,$chapter$,$verse$,$verseline$
    			}
    			$arr$[$i$]=$z$;
    			$arr$.$sort$($sortfunction$);
    		}

/*$eliminate$ $duplicate$ $match$ $results$ $and$ $put$ $results$ $in$ $resultsarr$
    		$we$ $do$ $this$ $by$ $enumerating$ $across$ $the$ $entire$ $2D$ $array$ ($actually$ $an$
    		$array$ $of$ $vectors$ $if$ $you$ $are$ $thinking$ $STL$ $or$ $variable$ $length$ $arrays$ 
    		$if$ $you$ $are$ $thinking$ $JS$) $and$ $then$ $building$ $a$ $unique$ $array$ $of$ $resultsarr$.
    		*/
    		$for$ ($i$=$0$; $i$ &$lt$; $wordlist$.$length$; $i$++) {
    			$for$ ($j$=$0$; $j$ &$lt$; $arr$[$i$].$length$; $i$++) {
    				$for$ ($k$=$0$,$found$=$false$; $k$ &$lt$; $resultsarr$.$length$; $k$++) {
    					$if$ ($arr$[$i$][$j$]!=$resultsarr$[$k$] &$amp$;&$amp$; !$found$) {
    						$found$=$true$;
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    		//$at$ $this$ $point$, $we$ $should$ $sort$ $by$ $book$, $chapter$, $and$ $verse$, $like$ $all$ $Bible$ $programs$ $do$, $but$ $that$ $also$ $means$ $that$ $we$ $should$ $have$ $stored$ $chapter$ $and$ $verse$ $information$ $in$ $the$ $array$ $structure$.
    		//$since$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $the$ $structure$ $of$ $the$ $html$ $document$, ($did$ $someone$ $add$ $the$ $book$, $chapter$, $and$ $verse$ $as$ $attributes$?  $at$ $least$ $then$ $we$ $can$ $extract$ $it$ $using$ $standard$ $getAttribute$() $and$ $calls$ $similar$ $to$ $getElementByID$())
    		//$it$ $will$ $also$ $require$ $a$ $special$ $sort$ $routine$.  $If$ $we$ $use$ $qsort$, $we$ $will$ $probably$ $have$ $to$ $come$ $up$ $with$ $our$ $own$ $compare$ $routine$
    		//$and$ $keep$ $an$ $array$ $of$ $books$ $up$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $script$.

//$write$ $the$ $report$
    		$document$.$write$(&$quot$;&$lt$;$div$ $style$='$color$:$blue$;$font$-$weight$:$bold$;'&$gt$;$Search$ $Results$&$lt$;/$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;);
    		$for$ ($k$=$0$,$found$=$false$; $k$ &$lt$; $resultsarr$.$length$; $k$++) {
    			$document$.$write$(&$quot$;&$lt$;$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;+$resultsarr$[$k$]+&$quot$;&$lt$;/$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;);
    		}
    	//} //$end$ $for$ $every$ $document$
    }

$function$ $phrasesearch$() {
    	$var$ $words$=$document$.$forms$[$0$].$searchtext$.$value$; //$retrieve$ $contents$ $of$ $textbox$ $named$ $searchtext$ $from$ $first$ $form$ $in$ $document$

//$bogus$ $character$ $replace$ $with$ $space$
    	//$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;,&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $commas$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$t$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $tabs$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$b$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $backspaces$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$r$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $returns$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$n$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $newlines$ $as$ $spaces$
    	$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;\$f$&$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;); //$treat$ $formfeeds$ $as$ $spaces$

//$eliminate$ $repeat$ $spaces$
    	$var$ $i$, $L1$, $L2$,$z$,$k$,$j$,$t$,$arr$;
    	$do$ {
    		$L1$=$words$.$length$;
    		$words$=$words$.$replace$(&$quot$;  &$quot$;, &$quot$; &$quot$;);
    		$L2$=$words$.$length$;
    	} $while$ ($L1$ != $L2$);

$words$=$rtrim$($ltrim$($words$)); //$trim$ $off$ $whitespace$ $from$ $ends$

//$from$ $here$ $on$, $use$ $document$.$match$() $to$ $search$ $for$ $strings$ $using$ $the$ $following$ $code$:
    	$var$ $k$;
    	$var$ $arr$;
    	//$for$ $every$ $document$ $use$ $var$ $a$ {
    		//$somehow$ $get$ $document$ $at$ $var$ $a$.
    		$arr$=$a$.$window$.$document$.$match$($wordlist$[$i$]); //$match$() $returns$ $an$ $array$ $of$ $strings$
    		$for$ ($j$=$0$; $j$ &$lt$; $z$.$length$; $j$++) {
    			$k$=$z$[$j$];
    			$var$ $t$=$extractReferenceFromVerseLine$($k$)
    			$z$[$j$]=$Array$($t$[$0$],$t$[$1$],$t$[$2$],$k$); //$book$ $index$,$chapter$,$verse$,$verseline$
    		}
    		$arr$[$i$]=$z$;
    		$arr$.$sort$($sortfunction$);
    		//$at$ $this$ $point$, $we$ $should$ $sort$ $by$ $book$, $chapter$, $and$ $verse$, $like$ $all$ $Bible$ $programs$ $do$, $but$ $that$ $also$ $means$ $that$ $we$ $should$ $have$ $stored$ $chapter$ $and$ $verse$ $information$ $in$ $the$ $array$ $structure$.
    		//$since$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $the$ $structure$ $of$ $the$ $html$ $document$, ($did$ $someone$ $add$ $the$ $book$, $chapter$, $and$ $verse$ $as$ $attributes$?  $at$ $least$ $then$ $we$ $can$ $extract$ $it$ $using$ $standard$ $getAttribute$() $and$ $calls$ $similar$ $to$ $getElementByID$())
    		//$it$ $will$ $also$ $require$ $a$ $special$ $sort$ $routine$.  $If$ $we$ $use$ $qsort$, $we$ $will$ $probably$ $have$ $to$ $come$ $up$ $with$ $our$ $own$ $compare$ $routine$
    		//$and$ $keep$ $an$ $array$ $of$ $books$ $up$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $script$.

//$write$ $the$ $report$
    		$document$.$write$(&$quot$;&$lt$;$div$ $style$='$color$:$blue$;$font$-$weight$:$bold$;'&$gt$;$Search$ $Results$&$lt$;/$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;);
    		$for$ ($k$=$0$; $k$ &$lt$; $arr$.$length$; $k$++) {
    			$document$.$write$(&$quot$;&$lt$;$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;+$arr$[$k$]+&$quot$;&$lt$;/$div$&$gt$;&$quot$;);
    		}
    	//} //$end$ $for$ $every$ $document$
    }
    Last edited by jmichae3; 09/24/2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: source formatting was rotten. and source contained my email.
    There you have it jmichae3. That's what I was talking about.
    i guess you dont really want info about the actions of the app. then right ????? bugs and stuff of that sort.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    how about the message bible its a very good translation as well .....please?!??!?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i guess you dont really want info about the actions of the app. then right ????? bugs and stuff of that sort.
    Input is greatly valued. I'm sorry to have ignored your statements Shadavis08. The bug you are reporting is already fixed in the version that will be released here soon.

For complete up-to-date information on the progress of Simple Bible, please visit the news section of our website at www.bitsofgodsoftware.com We have had to go this route since getting in the app catalog. We can't direct everyone here for support and it's just easier to maintain one central area than to keep that and this up.
    how about the message bible its a very good translation as well .....please?!??!?!
    It is copyrighted. We are currently working with public domain or free to use versions since we don't charge for this application. There is more information on translations on the homepage of our website as well as in the FAQ in the application itself and on the website.
    ok just wanted to know if anyone was listening ,thanks for the response and what about the ,message bible could yall try to get that one too ? i would gladly pay for this app with all the different versions because it is great to study with several bibles . i had like ten or fifteen on my 755p . oh yeah will you be adding other stuff too like strongs numbers or the greek and hebrew translations ?? that would make me a happy man right there!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    and what about the ,message bible could yall try to get that one too ?
    See post #235 right above where you asked this question.

Please take the time to read the available information before posting a question. When you do post a question, please give people time to answer them. By time I mean a day or two. This forum doesn't work like Instant Messaging but more like a cross between e-mail and snail mail. I just happen to be hanging out here tonight.
    Last edited by frankos72; 09/24/2009 at 11:29 PM.
    what are advanced posting tools? all I see here are plain editing controls in the reply box. you have got to help me out here. I am a complete newbie, and this editor appears to be way too simple for doing code. however, I will see if this comes out.
    Jim, this is way more complex than you need.... you don't need to zero out the commas and etc. please take a look at the search code in simple big book. It's much more direct.

Also, why do you keep choosing not to download the simplebible app and the sdk and run it on your computer? Why write theoreticals in isolation like this?

Rick
    Feature complete simple Big Book now posted as 1.0.0

• Full text search of every word in the Big Book with "and", "or" and "exact phrase" searching.
    • Search lists all matches, and jumps to the one you select on a tap.
    • Search terms are highlighted for easy reference.

Thanks again for sharing the framework to build on.

All code in the IPK is gpl2.

Enjoy.

Rick
  20.    #240  
    simple bible 0.10.6 has been released to the homebrew catalog with translations and a few other helpful features and bug fixes! we are very excited about this release because the #1 feature request is now pretty complete! we are still testing it out and debugging the delete code, but we thought releasing it to the homebrew community to help us test, while we finish up the first 2 new translations (NET and ESV), would be exciting for you all. enjoy it and test it out and let us know what you think! here is the link to the homebrew version of the app.