Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,
    Here's a way to view and listen to music from artists you follow on soundcloud.com. Just type the username you want to listen to in the textbox and hit view, and it will be saved for the next time. It launches the music in the streaming music player. It's super simple, I wrote it in about 2 hours. I'm not planning on making any account management stuff, I just wanted a way to have unlimited music to play on my drives, and keep up on my friends mixes when they upload them.

I'm thinking about making an update where i put the waveform as a dashboard entry, and do the same progress bar style they do in the website in the dashboard.

The code is free, do what you will with it.

If you find any good artists to follow on soundcloud.com let me know! always looking for new stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Works great - this will save a lot of memory. Thank you!
    Awesome app. Any other precentral members have a soundcloud account?
    is it just like pandora? better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    Just found out today - the website that this app streams from is a website where you can post your music and stream off of it. So essentially, you save memory if you stream your music from this site.

(Correct me if I'm wrong here)
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themozz View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Here's a way to view and listen to music from artists you follow on soundcloud.com. Just type the username you want to listen to in the textbox and hit view, and it will be saved for the next time. It launches the music in the streaming music player. It's super simple, I wrote it in about 2 hours. I'm not planning on making any account management stuff, I just wanted a way to have unlimited music to play on my drives, and keep up on my friends mixes when they upload them.

I'm thinking about making an update where i put the waveform as a dashboard entry, and do the same progress bar style they do in the website in the dashboard.

The code is free, do what you will with it.

If you find any good artists to follow on soundcloud.com let me know! always looking for new stuff.
    Screenshots?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    How much does it cost to stream your personal music collection from soundcloud? Is it free? I have 130 GB of music....
    How do I access the music I upload onto my account? There is alredy music on the app. How do I add my own?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Screenshots?
    Here's what it looks like for me after adding a few artists:

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    Definitely not better, just different. It's just a way for users to share songs and mixes they made. I follow my friend PicturesOfPictures who just puts up random mixes every now and then, so instead of downloading them on my desktop and putting them on my phone, or navigating their website which is a pain on a phone, i can just click on him in this app and listen to any mix he's uploaded. It saves time and space, and you can get new music on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by themozz View Post
    Definitely not better, just different. It's just a way for users to share songs and mixes they made. I follow my friend PicturesOfPictures who just puts up random mixes every now and then, so instead of downloading them on my desktop and putting them on my phone, or navigating their website which is a pain on a phone, i can just click on him in this app and listen to any mix he's uploaded. It saves time and space, and you can get new music on the go.
    Do people on this site also share songs that they have not made, but downloaded illegally or w/e?
    I'm sure you can find a few unauthorized remixes and copyrighted tracks on there, but by no means can it compete with Grooveshark or imeem in that field.

I think this app is directed towards a more specialized audience (fans of electronic music to be specific), but It's great at what it does and showcases a very impressive use of the Soundcloud API being tied to the webOS streaming music player.

PS I highly recommend the dj set "Mixing Up the City Skies" by PicturesOfPictures.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by patcheng View Post
    How do I access the music I upload onto my account? There is alredy music on the app. How do I add my own?
    If you want to listen to stuff you've uploaded, put your username in the textbox and hit view
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    This app is pretty cool and it just goes to show the capabilities of the Pre. We have a lot to look forward to.

Any of your guys hear of Spotify? I just read about it the other day and it's pretty awesome. I was able to get it by following this link http:// spotify.mikromann.net/index.php?test=ja&hent=Opprett+Spotify+konto

boy would this be insane on the Pre. The 8GB would absolutely be a non-issue as far as storing music goes.
    Soundcloud only let me download 10 tracks for free that's it... Bummer. It had such potential!
    thats cool if you dont want to do any account management stuff, but at least you should include the ability to search by keyword, say by artists, so that we can find songs based on that, not just on the people that are uploading these songs, that would make this much more useful, because I dont personally follow any users, I like to type in a certain artist or a certain song and find mixes of that song or of that certain artist.

Thankssss
    sweet!
    hey,

nice app!

on soundcloud, you're only allowed to put up content you have the rights to, i.e. it's not a locker service for your music collection.

the download limit is only affecting each individual track, i.e. a track on a free account can only be downloaded 100 times - but as a listener, you could download any other track that hasn't reached the limit.

spotify is another great music service created by our fellow swedes but unfortunately not launched in every country yet.

cheers,
    henrik, soundcloud
    having a problem with this app recently. When I click on saved usernames it's pulls up blank. When I try typing the name in manually, it says user doesn't exist.

BTW check out DJZ he's pretty sick with dubstep and electro house type mixes.

P.S. Soundcloud isn't for people to upload their music collection. it's for music a user has actually made or mixed themselves.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast