07/30/2009, 09:10 PM
Switcharoo is a nifty utility that will randomly switch your wallpapers for you, based on a schedule, (once an hour, once a day, etc).
- You must run it the first time for the switching to begin.
- You don't have to keep the program running for it to switch.
- Photos are scaled so they don't look stretched. However, it has to zoom to fill the screen, and so it may not always crop the way you may have done it if you did it by hand.
- Have the ability to set the folder or album the images will come from (Done in 0.9.3)
- Additional times for switching (Done in 0.9.3)
- Allow for sequential switching rather than random(Done in 0.9.14)
- Keep the app from closing automatically when the switch happens in the background. (done in 0.9.7)
- Add feature to "reset settings"
- Make horizontal images not stretched.(done in 0.9.11)
- Select multiple albums without choosing "Photo Roll"
- Add 6 hours to the time options.(done in 0.9.10)
- Fixed all timing so it kicks off at the top of the hour, midnight of the day, etc.
- Added the ability to pick how the images are resized. So if you want to use a stack of photos that are not in the Photo Roll album, you can pick "1/3rd size" And your photos should look great.
- Added a new random handler that gives you the option to never repeat an image before it goes through all of them
- Added the ability to pick "sequential", so the images will come back in order, rather than random.
- Quick fix for a bug introduced in v0.9.11. Still scales photos to retain their aspect ratio, but now if there are images being used in other directories, uses the default behavior of resizing to fit the screen. Recommended download for anyone that got v0.9.11, and has wallpaper images that are not the standard size of 320x480.
- Fixed the photo stretching problem. Now scales the images so they retain their aspect ratio.
- Fixed the switching of "once every 3 days"
- Took out the switching of "once a week". (doesn't work... will find a fix in the future.)
- Added a new time of "Once every 6 hours"
- Stronger error handling. Should now tell you if it could not switch images.
- Fixed for albums that had a space in the name.
- Fixed it so when using "All Images" it does not try to switch to albums that cause problems (like screenshots)
- All debug messages turned off
- Keep the app from closing when the switching happens in the background
- Improve the code to find the wallpapers album the first time the app is run
v0.9.6(debug)sorry it is a zip, but I couldn't get it to upload
- Changed the debug message so it does not get cut off.
- Quick fix for an issue where it sometimes would not start the background process.
v0.9.4(debug) Don't get this version if the notifications will bug you.
- Added a notification every time you change the album. This can help determine that the album is switching properly
- Added a notification every time the wallpaper is switched. This can help determine where the images are coming from.
- Fixed a bug that made it sometimes not switch the images. (FYI, the index on the images is zero-based).
- Fixed a bug where one part of the app would overwrite and replace the cookie-settings that had been set from another part of the app. That was likely causing some of the issues with folders not retaining their settings or the app pulling from other folders.
- Added code the checks to make sure all settings exist, and creates them if not.
- Added the ability to pick an album for the program to use
- Fixed the problem of the app sometimes using all pictures
- Now does not pick the same images twice in a row
- Added additional times of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 week.
If you want to donate 1$ for this app, you can do so here:
This application is free to download and use. However, please do not distribute without permission. The source code is not open source.