Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Awesome. The new version is much improved. Good job.
    I am new here and this was the first app I downloaded...happy to say it has been working great with no issues.
    FileCoaster'd it.
    Worked.

Couple of questions. I did notice three times my phone froze to a black screen. Not being able to reach for the phone @ the time before it frooze, I do know that there was several notifications (calls, emails & text) and when I got to the phone, black screen, hit a couple of keys then PALM starts flashing like it rebooted. 3 times. Maybe someone else can reduplicate it... ?

I've also reorganized my wallpapers & photos. What directory/image does the app use? Will it use sub dir off of the wallpaper. Ilve got directorys like this.
    Wallpapers
    Wallpapers/kids
    Wallpapers/family

But I do have an "private" directory off of the root directory but would rather not show anything from there. Webos shows all the photo directories weather it be off the root dir or a sub dir off wallpapers dir as its own clickable option in the photos app.

Am I making any sense? I'm starting to confuse myself. :-)

To make it simple. Can you allow us to specify which directory to scan for switchable wallpapers? Multiple folders..option...?
    Downloaded 0.9.3... it works, but it still pulls from all my pictures instead of just 'Wallpapers' folder. I even switched the 'album' option a few times to see if it would register, but nothing.

Someone had asked me what method I use to install homebrews... I use Greg Roll's PreBrew. Could that affect it?
    ive been looking for this type of program
    testing now
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    After installing the update, you may have to open the app, pick an album other than wallpapers and then pick wallpapers to make sure it knows where it is. Let me know if that works for you.
    I have tried many different things to get this to work. I have tried switching to different folders at different intervals and still nothing. I have many different albums and I would like it to pull from ALL IMAGES but still seems to be puling from wallpapers folders no matter what is chosen.
    Just updated to 0.9.3 and not experiencing any problems so far.
    I can't get this app to work at all. I installed using filecoaster and don't have any other hacks or mods installed.

Not only does 0.9.3 pull from all folders it also doesn't switch pictures.

Nice concept but this app just doesn't work.
    I have been using this all day works great thanks for another great home brew app
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Downloaded 0.9.3... it works, but it still pulls from all my pictures instead of just 'Wallpapers' folder. I even switched the 'album' option a few times to see if it would register, but nothing.

+1. What's interesting is that 0.9.0 was working perfectly for me.
    Where are the settings files? I deleted the app but when I re-installed it it remember my settings so obviously the uninstall doesn't get everything.

Where are the extra files so I can clear them out and see if I can get this app to work?
    Doesnt work for me. .9.0 worked for me but this one is not.
    The first version didn't use to check my other albums, jsut wallpapers, but this new one is doing that now.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    GREAT APP!!! Thank you!!!

I see there might be some linux commands to combine/overlay one image with another.

So, between that and wget to download a weather image, could we overlay a small image with current weather info on top of our wall paper, and have the current weather or forecast displayed when the wallpaper gets switched?

Use crond? wget something like this:

http://www.weatherforyou.net/fcgi-bi...ack&daysonly=3

or a transparent one:

http://www.weatherforyou.net/fcgi-bi...ack&daysonly=3
    How about making a random ringtone switiching app? That would be sweet!
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I want this to work! I used web os dr to restore to factory. Have 1.1 in and just dl switcharoo. I had it working once before, but it is not switching wallpapers for me. At least the switch now button is not working....do you have to come out of DEV mode before it starts working or something? Are you developing it for a 1.1 build?

I really want this to work also. I am going to create a debug version that kicks off a notice to tell us a little more about what is going on.
    I'd be happy to help with the debug version. 0.9 works for me, but I like the upgrades you made, so I would love to have 0.93 working.
    I'd be more than happy to test it..I really love this concept....pm if I can help in anyway. I can do webosdr restore if you think it will get this working!
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Where are the settings files? I deleted the app but when I re-installed it it remember my settings so obviously the uninstall doesn't get everything.

Where are the extra files so I can clear them out and see if I can get this app to work?
    it stores its settings in cookies, and I am not aware of any way to clear out the cookies. And actually the cookies seem to cause some people problems. I am looking at other options.
    you can clear cookies in the web browser, probably not the same cookies...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.