Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I've noticed that sometimes the wallpaper doesn't change at the specified interval. Is it possible that your code sometimes changes to the same wallpaper that it's already on? Or is something causing it to hang.. Maybe this is specific to my pre?
  2.    #82  
    To everyone that had trouble with the app pulling all images:

I believe I got it fixed with the latest version (which I will release shortly). It seems that sometimes the app could not find the wallpapers specific album, most commonly because it was named something other than /media/internal/wallpapers (all lower case). When that happened, it defaulted to all images.

The new version is a little smarter about finding variations of the default path, but more importantly it gives you the ability to pick the album you want to pull the images from. That means that even if the app has trouble finding the right album, you can set it correctly.

Hopefully that fixes it for everyone.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes the wallpaper doesn't change at the specified interval. Is it possible that your code sometimes changes to the same wallpaper that it's already on? Or is something causing it to hang.. Maybe this is specific to my pre?
    Yes, it is setting it to the same one it already had set. jsjsjs $math$.$random$() $has$ $no$ $provision$ $for$ $avoiding$ $repeats$, $and$ $I$ $have$ $seen$ $it$ $pick$ $the$ $same$ $number$ $4$ $or$ $5$ $times$ $in$ $a$ $row$.

I am working on a fix.
  4.    #84  
    RE: Battery Impact

I have not yet been able to see any noticeable impact that this app has on battery life. I did a test where I switched my phone into airplane mode, and left it alone for 30 minutes with switcharoo set at 5 minutes. It did not even drop 1 percent.

So, if anyone would like to help by doing a few more tests, at even longer intervals, that would be great. It might be necessary to remove all other variables by putting the phone in airplane mode... but if there a time of the day where you actually want to avoid getting calls and using the internet on your phone, great!

It would be nice to know if there is really a difference between having the app enabled and not. At 30 minutes I didn't see one.
    Works great. Just what we needed. This actually got me to do it rather than go through that whole drawn out "sudo required, editing of system files required" nonsensical process.
  6.    #86  
    New version posted.
    any chance of a one minute option just wondering, or maybe three minutes, maybe put it on a slider that goes 1-5 then 5-10-15-20 then 20-30-60 etc first single intervals then 5 minute then ten minute etc. you can either enable it that way or then have an option for once a day twice a day once a week like you can toggle time up to an hour in those intervals. or you can do it daily to weekly. what do you think.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    any chance of a one minute option just wondering, or maybe three minutes, maybe put it on a slider that goes 1-5 then 5-10-15-20 then 20-30-60 etc first single intervals then 5 minute then ten minute etc. you can either enable it that way or then have an option for once a day twice a day once a week like you can toggle time up to an hour in those intervals. or you can do it daily to weekly. what do you think.
    Interesting idea. Might be a nice way to have that interface work.

However, the service call I am using doesn't allow me to do it less than 5 minutes. I am looking into other options, but that is what I am stuck with right now.
    is the service call using crond? im kinda a noob at this don't know much about programming, i had the hack working just after the app came up, but decided to use the app as i can switch it off if i like.
    This looks slick. Any chance you could add an option to have it change on a schedule like days of the week? In other words set it so on Monday it shows a specific wallpaper, then on Tuesday.... and so forth.
    Great app, have it set to change every hour. Very nice. MAkes having the Pre 100%cooler!!

I agree with the customizable folder option.
    0.9.3 doesn't switch wallpapers for my Pre, however 0.9.0 works flawlessly
    I just d/l 0.9.3, but am still seeing the issue of pictures from other folders coming up. I did a test by choosing a different folder with a much more limited number of images, but images from other folders show up.

I just had another thought... I have My Notifications installed, so I wonder if that app's wallpaper option is somehow conflicting with this app.

UPDATE: I've just noticed that Switcharoo 0.9.3 keeps deactivating itself. I was wondering why the wallpapers weren't switching when I'm not actively hitting the "Switch Now" button to test it. Turns out, it keeps resetting itself to "OFF"

this is a really cool app but unfortunately it looks like i won't be able to use this for a while

UPDATE #2: Another thing I've just noticed is that the app card closes itself when the phone goes to sleep. I tried a couple of times to make sure that I didn't just swiped the card off before the phone goes to sleep and forgot, and I wasn't. The card just disappears when I turn the phone on.
    Last edited by un_designer; 08/02/2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtr_rider View Post
    I am having the same issue. I choose ALL IMAGES and set it to change every 15min. Not switching wall papers.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I am having the same issue. I choose ALL IMAGES and set it to change every 15min. Not switching wall papers.
    I want this to work! I used web os dr to restore to factory. Have 1.1 in and just dl switcharoo. I had it working once before, but it is not switching wallpapers for me. At least the switch now button is not working....do you have to come out of DEV mode before it starts working or something? Are you developing it for a 1.1 build?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 08/02/2009 at 01:01 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    0.9.3 defaults back to the "Wallpapers" folder whenever I do a reset, instead of the other folder I had directed it to.
    thats weird, with the new update it picks pics from my other folders, the older version only took from Wallpapers
    Just install 0.9.3 and I am having the same issue where it's taking random images that are not in my wallpapers folder. But, it also only seems to switch when it's set to off.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtr_rider View Post
    After installing the update, you may have to open the app, pick an album other than wallpapers and then pick wallpapers to make sure it knows where it is. Let me know if that works for you.
    I just tried that. Still doesn't work correctly. I switched to my downloads folder, and it was still choosing wallpapers from the photo roll. Out of about 20 tries, the wallpaper only switched twice, and then only when it was set to "off".
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast