Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    This app is great. I was able to disable cron/wallswitch script which was always kind of iffy. Thank you.
    Installed with FileCoaster no problem here. BUT I ran the program, exited out, and then ran again....clicked on the switch now button (mind you the active switch is on and then set to change once a day) and half the time it does not change the icon. In order for it to work...you haveto keep opening a new instance of the program.

And anyone have insight as to if this program drains battery throughout the day?

Also...i have the program set to once a day, and even after it changed to 12AM the wallpaper was the same, so when does it actually change over?
    I don't know if its just me but since I had this installed and activated I have had the craziest battery drainage ever of close to 1% a minute. When I disabled this app the drainage was considerably less.

Love the app, just sayin
    Seems to be working great, have it set to change every 5 minutes. Lets see how much battery this uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    That's a neat idea and probably would actually call for a new app. One that displays a specific wallpaper based on blocks of time. Have a morning wallpaper maybe from 6am-10am, afternoon wallpaper from 10am-4pm, evening wallpaper from 4pm-8pm, night wallpaper from 8pm-6am. Programmable blocks of time would be best of course.
    I have been dreaming of an app that changes the wallpaper based on the time of day. I would love to help out. Not a programmer but a graphics guy.
    Idea:
    I've currently got my dialer background matched to my wallpaper. Could the app possibly overwrite the dialer background png file with a png version of the jpg file that it just switched to, so that the dialer background will match?

If the dialer background swap requires a reboot, then that's probably a deal breaker for most people, but if it's something that could be refreshed fairly easily, then it might be a neat feature.

This is a very nice app as it is, though. Am I correct in assuming that I can close the app and it will continue to function? But if I delete switcheroo it will disable the functionality before uninstalling itself?
    Anyway, great work.
    Awesome job works as it says it should, have been waiting for this for awhile! Why have all those sweet wallpapers to have to change them manually =)
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    thanks, nice app.
    It seems to work great; only problem is that it's using the files from 'All images' as opposed to just the ones in 'Wallpapers'.

My other images outnumber the ones in my 'Wallpapers' folder by about 3:1. It kind of defeats the purpose when I only have a 33% chance of getting the images I want to loop. :/
    Awesome app...works great...
    -Only one issue...the app is stretching pictures that were taken in landscape mode and they are looking pretty distorted. Any way to keep them smaller like they show when in preview mode?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    it works for me but it pulls all my images not just wallpapers.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Can't wait to try this one. I've been collecting wallpapers for years and my home PC and now am doing the same on my Pre. Waas hoping an app like this would show up.
    This is just awesome m8. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    It seems to work great; only problem is that it's using the files from 'All images' as opposed to just the ones in 'Wallpapers'.

My other images outnumber the ones in my 'Wallpapers' folder by about 3:1. It kind of defeats the purpose when I only have a 33% chance of getting the images I want to loop. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    it works for me but it pulls all my images not just wallpapers.
    Why would this be happening? It's not happening on my Pre.
    Hey M8 this is a good app idea but..... It causes a massive battery drain. Had it installed for ten mins and battery went from 62% to 51%. Had to delete it for now. Looking forward to some updates, then I'll give it another try.
    I've had the phone on for a few hours and it has caused a bit more than normal battery drain, but not as much as the other users are claiming. Could also be because i have it set to update every 5 minutes.

As for whats in the folder, I moved everything from "wallpapers" to a new folder called "stock pre pictures" and put what I wanted in the "wallpapers" folder. To make everthing look good, every photo I used in that folder was first edited with photoshop to be 320x480. Works great and took a short amount of time. Doing it manually gives you better control of how the picture will actually look. Even if he implemented it to not stretch a picture, larger pictures may get zoomed in the wrong spots. Best to edit the images yourself to fit where you want it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    Idea:
    I've currently got my dialer background matched to my wallpaper. Could the app possibly overwrite the dialer background png file with a png version of the jpg file that it just switched to, so that the dialer background will match?

If the dialer background swap requires a reboot, then that's probably a deal breaker for most people, but if it's something that could be refreshed fairly easily, then it might be a neat feature. ...
    The Dialer Backgeound swithcing with the wallpaper would be Awesome!! It could either be a selectable option or just do it if a .png exists with the same name as the wallpaper that was just switched to.
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    This is great! My battery only lasts 1 day, and I don't notice any real difference with this app being set at 5 minutes. Also, it's only pulling pics from my "wallpapers" folder, no others.

If you are going to work on the cycle times (10 min, 15 min, etc), would it be possible to switch the wallpaper on "wake-up"? This way there's a new wallpaper every time you pick up the phone. It might even help with the battery drain people are experiencing since it wouldn't require the internal timer...I have no clue if that's a true statement but it makes sense to me...
    Another totally awesome thing would be an option to stay on, when it's on the touchstone, then it would be like a slideshow. I'm so tired of looking at the lock and clock.

Of course I realize it's much easier to think of mods than it is to implement them
    Last edited by LocoTreoGurl; 08/02/2009 at 02:10 PM.
    Long Live Palm
    Those of you who are seeing the app correctly pulling only pictures from the Wallpaper folder:

1) how did you install the app?
    2) is your folder called "wallpaper" or "Wallpaper" ?
    3) can you confirm that you have other folders in the Photos app and that there are pictures in there?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast