Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    It says wallpaper downloaded, but can not change wallpaper anyway. I'm getting "no images are available...." message.

Any suggestion?
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    I have the same issue. I'm a bit concerned that you can't even click to his FAQ or Help page on his website.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    this app is not working for me after 1.4, anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmillican View Post
    The switching works in 1.4, but the picture sizing is wrong now. The pictures are zoomed and cropped too far now (I am using Switcharoo Free).

I hope he is still working on this app, it is one of my favorites!!
    I haven't had much time to work on the homebrew version, but I will see if i can see what is going on with 1.4. They changed some of the calls for images and sound, and something likely broke.
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    It says wallpaper downloaded, but can not change wallpaper anyway. I'm getting "no images are available...." message.

Any suggestion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I have the same issue. I'm a bit concerned that you can't even click to his FAQ or Help page on his website.
    This was an issue with the app catalog version, rather than the homebrew version. We had a hard drive on one of our server's fail. Just happened to be the server that was feeding images, and had info about our apps. We set up a new server at a new location and have been restoring data there. The image serving is working again and should be fine. Tomorrow we should have the web site back up with info, etc.
    App Catalog version is killing my 1.4 Pre Phone. I can't receive any phone call while switcharoo enabled. After disable, remove and restart, my phone goes normal...

Any suggestion?
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Will you eventually have a version in the app catalog, like the homebrew version, that takes wallpapers from our internal folder rather than downloading them?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Will you eventually have a version in the app catalog, like the homebrew version, that takes wallpapers from our internal folder rather than downloading them?
    Same here. I purchased it, but I uninstalled it until this feature is added to the app catalog version.

I have been waiting for this since I heard of the app...
    waiting on official palm api's is my understanding. Need to ask Palm.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I have the same question.

I bought the version in the app catalog and was very disappointed to find out that it wouldn't use pictures I have.
    there is hope.............the other app was updated ....hopefully we see this one update or even better move to the app store...................figures cross
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by minidreamin View Post
    I have the same question.

I bought the version in the app catalog and was very disappointed to find out that it wouldn't use pictures I have.
    We keep hoping that Palm will change their API so we can use the MediaDB calls legitimately, and make that happen. However, they are very tight-lipped about when that might be if ever.

But there is hope: We are still working on some alternatives.
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    there is hope.............the other app was updated ....hopefully we see this one update or even better move to the app store...................figures cross
    We currently have in private beta a new version of the app catalog version that allows you to use your own image.

It does not pull them right from the phone (because we can't do that yet) but instead we have set up a service on our website where you can manage your personal images on our web server. Then they can be downloaded and used just like the other images.

It actually works out nice because the server can handle resizing and optimizing the images for the pre. No more weird scaling (we hope!)

If you are interested in participating in the private beta, send me a private message and I will send you the information. Let me know ASAP, because we would like to get this out to the masses as soon as we can.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
    hey boydell
    will there ever be an update to the one that pulls the wallpaper from your pre?
    (the reason why i ask is because i work underground were my phone does not have any signal and it wont be connect to the server to change the images)
    Just PM'ed you.

I'd also like to see the same options in the paid version as you have had in the free version (with respect to sizing and more time intervals)

Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    We currently have in private beta a new version of the app catalog version that allows you to use your own image.

It does not pull them right from the phone (because we can't do that yet) but instead we have set up a service on our website where you can manage your personal images on our web server. Then they can be downloaded and used just like the other images.

It actually works out nice because the server can handle resizing and optimizing the images for the pre. No more weird scaling (we hope!)

If you are interested in participating in the private beta, send me a private message and I will send you the information. Let me know ASAP, because we would like to get this out to the masses as soon as we can.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
    Is there any way to have this pull images from RSS feeds?
    There is a way to do this in Windows 7 (which is really cool).

Here's an article explaining how: (How to Set A Bing Wallpaper Desktop Slideshow In Windows 7)

I normally just pull in the Bing background pictures on my laptop because they are normally stunning.

This feed works in the Feed Reader app, could we direct Switcharoo to pull images from the RSS cache of Feed Reader?
    Bing RSS images

There are other photo feeds around the net... Just an idea that I think would be really neat (and would definitely pay for).
    Quote Originally Posted by hdc4 View Post
    Is there any way to have this pull images from RSS feeds?
    There is a way to do this in Windows 7 (which is really cool).

Here's an article explaining how: (How to Set A Bing Wallpaper Desktop Slideshow In Windows 7)

I normally just pull in the Bing background pictures on my laptop because they are normally stunning.

This feed works in the Feed Reader app, could we direct Switcharoo to pull images from the RSS cache of Feed Reader?
    Bing RSS images

There are other photo feeds around the net... Just an idea that I think would be really neat (and would definitely pay for).
    bump bump!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    so I have tested this three times now. twice totally wiped it. After installing the homebrew version of this app using quick install the app does work however I am not able to view albums or photos. Photo app opens but that's it. Plus it totally freezes the phone if I attempt to open a album. Sucks cause I would pay for the app if it had the functionality homebrew does and it is my favorite app. Any chance you will be looking in to this?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I absolutely love the new concept of server-side "Personal" images. I just uploaded my library of over 750 images and cleared them off my phone. Camera now loads faster, pictures app loads faster, much relief. I'll be using this technique even if you bring "local images" to the app after Palm's API's support it.

Some issues, though:
    1. Password change: I'd like to be able to change my password after account creation.

2. "Add to Favorites" and "Don't Show Again" seem cumbersome to reach; my suggestion would be to add an icon to the notifications area when the background changes; this would be a good way to quickly get rid of an unwanted image, or favorite an awesome one, without being too intrusive. Once the image is marked as Good/Bad, the icon goes away, or it can be thrown if the image doesn't need special attention. Of course, it'd be great to have this as a "Show Notifications" toggle for those who have their images swapped every 5 minutes or similar.

3. Web interface is clean, smooth, and beautiful, even with an admittedly needlessly big collection. It would be awesome if you could have "magnify on hover" effect, though, as the thumbs lose a little detail.

Lastly, a question for you: Can my wife and I share a repository? I know if she goes to the web and deletes an image it will be gone for me as well, but will using the same "My Images" account mess with favorites or any other features? I just want to avoid her having to upload all those images.

Ohh, I guess that's another possible suggestion: public/private image uploads, where marking something "Public" would submit it to your system for approval/categorization. It obviously couldn't go right out to availability (People would start sending images to the wrong categories, or worse your app would be a hive for scum and villainy), but I for one would love to share the wealth of my collection of images
    Does the new version have the same memory leak as the original homebrew Switcharoo? Running that one eventually triggers the "Too many cards" problem, even if nothing else is running. I'm happy to purchase the App Catalog version if it's fixed that problem.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Does the new version have the same memory leak as the original homebrew Switcharoo? Running that one eventually triggers the "Too many cards" problem, even if nothing else is running. I'm happy to purchase the App Catalog version if it's fixed that problem.
    I've been running the App Catalog version for months, and I've never had that problem. I've just upgraded to the most recent version in the last hour or two, so I'm not sure if that's enough time for a problem to arise, but I'll sure keep my eye on it.

Additionally, I ran the homebrew version from its release until the official version (and even then I kept the homebrew one installed "just in case") and likewise never had a memory leak problem with it, so either it was introduced post-official, or you might have a configuration (ie: other apps) issue.