Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm having problems with switcharoo as well, only mine seem to be a little different.

When left alone, the app will pull photo's from any album, even though I set it for "wallpapers" only, but if I manually switch a wallpaper using the switch button, it will always use a "wallpaper" like I have set it up to.

I have attached a zipped file containing the logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Anybody having trouble loading new wallpaper? Mine won't switch and when I try to manually update I get a server error from the app.
    I assume that is the paid version? What is the exact error?
  3.    #543  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Well... I thought 1.3.5 would fix the problem of the error "sorry too many cards" but now I think it is triggered by the Switcharoo Free version Homebrew app. I've switched it off and seem to be okay now. I'm disappointed, as I had hundreds of great pics saved on the Pre that would pop up randomly at the intervals I set. I would pay for the App version, but I want to select the pics - not rely on random pics pulled from the web
    That is crappy. I will dig in there and see if I can see what the program is doing.
    Great... by the way, I haven't had the "sorry too many cards" message since turning the program off. Additionally, the error message would correspond to the program stopping the switching. After the message, and usually a reboot, I would have to click the "switch now" to get the program to work again. By the way, I love this program "because" I can control what pics pop up. That has stopped me from getting the paid version, which pulls pictures randomly from the web.

Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    That is crappy. I will dig in there and see if I can see what the program is doing.
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by garfnodie View Post
    I'm having problems with switcharoo as well, only mine seem to be a little different.

When left alone, the app will pull photo's from any album, even though I set it for "wallpapers" only, but if I manually switch a wallpaper using the switch button, it will always use a "wallpaper" like I have set it up to.

I have attached a zipped file containing the logs.
    It is resetting it's settings every time it tries to switch, ("{LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.switcharoo: Error: Reset")

Which means it forgets you have it set on wallpapers only. I am not sure why, but it could mean a messed up settings record. Perhaps delete and re-install the app and see if that fixes it.
    I'll try deleting and reinstalling it. Perhaps the original program was stored in the original, limited partition... before the 1.3.5 update, which subsequently stores Apps in a "better/different" way. By deleting it and reinstalling I assume the App will be stored in the newer way/location. Since I'm not programmer savvy, I don't know if this will make a difference... but I'll report back letting you know if I still have problems.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'm seeing a bug where the wallpaper would just stop switching. to get it going again, i have to launch switcharoo, and click on the "switch now" button. this is happening on both my pre and my sister's as well.
    I am still having this issue, only now I sometimes have to restart my Pre because when I try to open switaroo nothing happens.

Also, just FYI, I removed all the meta data on my pics because I had a digital picture frame that would sometimes stop switching pics because of the meta data...worked great for the frame...didn't fix Switaroo though
    Last edited by Mmillican; 02/05/2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: subscribe email
    Had to switch the program off, as I still got the "sorry too many cards" message. It seems the program stops switching on its own... and that is soon followed by the error message

I'll try deleting and reinstalling it. Perhaps the original program was stored in the original, limited partition... before the 1.3.5 update, which subsequently stores Apps in a "better/different" way. By deleting it and reinstalling I assume the App will be stored in the newer way/location. Since I'm not programmer savvy, I don't know if this will make a difference... but I'll report back letting you know if I still have problems.
    I'm seeing two bugs consistently with Switcharoo:

1. After a while (usually about half a day) the images would no longer update. This bug has been there for a while and many people have reported the same thing as well.

2. When bug #1 kicks in, the app itself no longer launches. This is a new bug that started with 1.3.5.1
    Had to switch the program off, as I still got the "sorry too many cards" message. It seems the program stops switching on its own... and that is soon followed by the error message
    Is there any update for this problem? I've switched off Switcharoo because of it, sadly. I really loved this program and sorely miss it!
    boydell,

I am running Switcharoo Free v0.9.20 (originally downloaded from the hombrew gallery early on) and I am curious if, in fact, the "too many cards open" issue could be related to this app? Also, the only issue I have ever noticed with it (started maybe a couple months ago--don't think it happened early on) is that after an OS update or reset, I have to manually switch the wallpaper once to get the app running automatically again.

So am I running the latest version and, if so, does it address either or both of these issues? Is the version in the official App Cat newer (better) than what I am running? I will gladly pay and update if it will address these issues?

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    boydell,

Just wondering if you've seen my post directly above?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    bump... I'd gladly pay for a bug-free version of Switcharoo as well (the homebrew version, pulling files locally that is).
    hey boydell
    i have webos dr my phone and the first app i have installed was yours (the free one waiting for the paid one that allows you to put your own pics hopefully webos 1.4 will open up the files that you need )
    in the pass (the older version) my wallpaper would change everything was working great (the only thing that i had was too many cards open) i have installed the current one and i am currently seen something that no one has mention...........sure the app sometimes hangs and would not change my pics, but i have realize that over time my battery is dropping peaty fast. (i wouldn't want to blame it on your app but this is the only app that i have currently installed . i have no patch installed on my phone. i have uninstalled it dr the pre and try again on a stock pre)
    any suggestion to try to conserve my battery life?
    in the past my changing time would be 15 minutes and the battery would not drop drastically.......
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    bump... I'd gladly pay for a bug-free version of Switcharoo as well (the homebrew version, pulling files locally that is).
    I already donated, but I'd be willing to do so again to have the bugs fixed. Boydell, hope you're still watching this thread!
    The Clear Card app is a great compliment to Switcharoo.

It's a clear card that you can keep open along with the rest of your apps. When you have it in the middle, your wallpaper is almost entirely visible.

Keep your wallpaper visible AND your apps open.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Great job so far. An idea for this came to me last night.

The option to choose exactly when the switching occurs. Example:

Daily/Every 3 Days? Set time for xx:xx am/pm
    Weekly? Set time for xx:xx am/pm & choose day M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
    Very interesting idea
    +1! This is the one thing keeping me from abandoning my crond job for Switcharoo. I like switching wallpapers once every 24 hours, but rather than making the change at midnight I currently have it set to change at 2pm every day. That way I get two a day, and if work is particularly sucky, I at least have a new wallpaper to look forward to during the long afternoon stretch!
    do any one know if boydell is still working on this app?
    do this app work on webos 1.4?
    has any one heard anything from boydell?
    this app is not working for me after 1.4, anyone else?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    do any one know if boydell is still working on this app?
    do this app work on webos 1.4?
    has any one heard anything from boydell?
    The switching works in 1.4, but the picture sizing is wrong now. The pictures are zoomed and cropped too far now (I am using Switcharoo Free).

I hope he is still working on this app, it is one of my favorites!!
    Last edited by Mmillican; 03/01/2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add version