Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by brownkity View Post
    for some strange reason, this is not working. I updated it, and it keeps switching switcharoo active to off. I can't update my pre till myTether is fixed, or I won't have that, but this new version of switcharoo doesn't stay checked, when I close it & I open it back, it erases all choices & active goes to no. It also chooses pics from random folders even when I specify one. This couldn't all b from not updating, can it? I'm judt 1 version behind... 1.2.1 Instead of 1.3.1.
    It seems to be having trouble with storing the settings. Have you tried deleting the app, and re-installing?

Other than that, do you want to pull some logs for me? (would require root access)
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    my switch is defaulting to 1 hour even when set to 3 or more hours is there a bug?
    Do you have the latest version? The previous version did have a bug where it would not save the three hour setting.
    Yeah, i still have the 1.1.3. (we get the update later this month), and i have some patches installed (1 for email, cal, messaging, screen, browser) .

Maybe i should just wait for the update and then try again. There would be no point in fixing it to work for an older version of the OS if nobody is going back to 1.1.3 ever again.

If theres anything i can do to help, maybe the log thing you want, ill be glad to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellnation View Post
    The 9.19 version doesn't work for me.
    All I get is Switcharoo Active But no toggle
    Two blank boxes under that
    and then Two blank boxes in Advanced.
    same prob with me

im running the updates webOS software, i have installed it a few times but still the same, i have been installing it via the download link and also via WOSQI and getting the same result (wont install via preware straight to phone, throws up a ipkg error)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    It seems to be having trouble with storing the settings. Have you tried deleting the app, and re-installing?

Other than that, do you want to pull some logs for me? (would require root access)
    I have terminal installed on my phone. Since that is like root access, could you tell me what to do to get the info you need? I'll b doing this from my phone, like most of my posts, so terminal is what I have, & I did uninstall then install it. I reset my pre too. I have switcharoo free, not demo. Thanks for your reply, I'll check more often on this site...
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    i'm seeing a bug where the wallpaper would just stop switching. to get it going again, i have to launch switcharoo, and click on the "switch now" button. this is happening on both my pre and my sister's as well.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    i'm seeing a bug where the wallpaper would just stop switching. to get it going again, i have to launch switcharoo, and click on the "switch now" button. this is happening on both my pre and my sister's as well.
    for me, it switches when I press switch now, but from a random folder, even if 'wallpapers' is selected. I'm just waiting for the directions on how to pull logs now. Hopefully it'll work...
    Thanks App Creators...
    for me, it switches when I press switch now, but from a random folder, even if 'wallpapers' is selected. I'm just waiting for the directions on how to pull logs now. Hopefully it'll work...
    type:

cp /var/log/messages /media/internal/

and then you can plug the pre into your comp in usb mode and copy the file "messages" over to your local hard drive.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I have terminal installed on my phone. Since that is like root access, could you tell me what to do to get the info you need? I'll b doing this from my phone, like most of my posts, so terminal is what I have, & I did uninstall then install it. I reset my pre too. I have switcharoo free, not demo. Thanks for your reply, I'll check more often on this site...
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    type:

and then you can plug the pre into your comp in usb mode and copy the file "messages" over to your local hard drive.
    I tried to pm you, but it turns out the file may be too big. it keeps freezing when i try to paste it in a pm message.
    it's too big to paste on here, kept freezing again, and when I tried to add it as an attachment, it was too big of a file. Can you send me a pm so I can e-mail it to you or something? I think i can just add it as an e-mail attachment there.
    Thanks App Creators...
  10.    #530  
    I tried to pm you, but it turns out the file may be too big. it keeps freezing when i try to paste it in a pm message.
    it's too big to paste on here, kept freezing again, and when I tried to add it as an attachment, it was too big of a file. Can you send me a pm so I can e-mail it to you or something? I think i can just add it as an e-mail attachment there.
    You can try zipping it up, and sending it to mobilesupport@orbsix.com. Let me know if you are not able to send it.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    It said failure...

Exactly this below:

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (mobilesupport) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

** You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly. * The owner of the group may have removed this group. * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post. * This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions related to this or any other Google group, visit the Help Center at [url= Apps Help[/url].

Thanks,

orbsix.com admins

----- Original message -----

Received: by with SMTP id c34mr433622qaf.15.1259794592124; *******Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:32 -0800 (PST)
    Received: by with SMTP id c34mr433620qaf.15.1259794592098; *******Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:32 -0800 (PST)
    Return-Path: <>
    Received: from qw-out-1920.google.com (qw-out-1920.google.com [74.125.92.147]) *******by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 38si2183464qyk.17.2009.12.02.14.56.31; *******Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:31 -0800 (PST)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of designates as permitted sender) client-ip=74.125.92.147;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of designates as permitted sender) ; dkim=pass (test mode)
    Received: by qw-out-1920.google.com with SMTP id 5so125503qwc.42 *******for <>; Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:30 -0800 (PST) DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; *******d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
    ********h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to ********:reply-to:subject:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type; *******bh=swTyAQzBBnzC5lbdr6G8uiVG9Kf6fNN/2gZwSpeVyzo=; *******b=vLcGO/tGVIK5AS85AGeLRSyY2EKIuDKyoNh8h5MMxK63BBVWZMj862DoSbq8+PM9Gl ********2v/z138EcjRgGUNszSAAw/EiBd4VkRpYxQ1SSldgRDal0RUvnyvLrRLBx9PxwZlxGGyN ********anmUgjuGkWAvEkANzv6OaS+ZQCA4CRjSDRz5s=
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
    ********d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
    ********h=message-id:date:from:to:reply-to:subject:x-mailer:mime-version ********:content-type;
    ********b=bw8w8/fA444uR3gc4M9Cye8dCwy6DzM80hd1Kzj6Tu0gt5PwXcsqU7G7OJJEupTTwU ********3HNjlVJDgdCBSzWQorhQXc+6ZspXvUvmFX7Wx0zPE+WQNWXGlwEfmi3h+atAa+MZSE+2 ********3jKgdzsCvBG8cQ3XDtq62yviHNIh091a0PGqA=
    Received: by with SMTP id z10mr409955qai.375.1259794590777; *******Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:30 -0800 (PST)
    Return-Path: <>
    Received: from [url= USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses[/url] (174-153-213-180.pools.spcsdns.net [174.153.213.180])
    *******by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id 7sm4267556qwf.44.2009.12.02.14.56.28 *******(version=SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5);
    ********Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:56:30 -0800 (PST)
    Message-ID: <> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:56:17 -0500
    To: "" <> Reply-To: "++++++ Brown" <>
    Subject: Switcharoo messages gotten from pre in terminal. X-Mailer: Palm webOS v1.0.1
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    *boundary=Alternative__boundary__1259794588377

Boydell
    "It seems to be having trouble with storing the settings. Have you tried deleting the app, and re-installing?

Other than that, do you want to pull some logs for me? (would require root access) "

tarirene
    "type:

and then you can plug the pre into your comp in usb mode and copy the file "messages" over to your local hard drive. "

Brownkity
    "I tried to pm you, but it turns out the file may be too big. it keeps freezing when i try to paste it in a pm message.
    it's too big to paste on here, kept freezing again, and when I tried to add it as an attachment, it was too big of a file. Can you send me a pm so I can e-mail it to you or something? I think i can just paste it in the e-mail or add it as an attachment"

-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;
    Last edited by brownkity; 12/02/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Thanks App Creators...
  12.    #532  
    It said failure...

Exactly this below:

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (mobilesupport) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:
    Whoops. I suck. I fixed it so you can send to it. Sorry about that.
    I'll give it a try too!
    I have a stock Pre, no themes, no patches, I bought Switcharoo from the App Catalog and have currently 0.9.23. installed. It was working great for about a week (had it set to change wallpapers once per hour), but all of a sudden it stopped changing wallpapers. I uninstalled it and redownloaded it. After that it worked again for about 2 hours, and now it stopped working again. I set to every 30 mins, just to see if it will react to that.

Looks like my version doesn't have the "switch it now" button yet, all I have is to turn Switcharoo to Active or non active, switch the timing (currently 30 mins), Choose Image Categories, and Download Time.

Not sure what happened between it working and not working, but I sure miss seeing some new pics!
    Ok....duh...I did find the "Switch Now" button. As per the FAQ, I did keep switching trying to find a corrupted wallpaper, but nothing ever came up. To my surprise, when I minimized Switcharoo, the same wallpaper was still there!? So what does that mean, that it downloaded only one wallpaper? I just switched it off, set a wallpaper from my own pics, then went back and turned it back on and told it to get more images now. Lets see what happens.

Very weird, it worked as advertised for at least a week after first buying it!
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok....duh...I did find the "Switch Now" button. As per the FAQ, I did keep switching trying to find a corrupted wallpaper, but nothing ever came up. To my surprise, when I minimized Switcharoo, the same wallpaper was still there!? So what does that mean, that it downloaded only one wallpaper? I just switched it off, set a wallpaper from my own pics, then went back and turned it back on and told it to get more images now. Lets see what happens.

Very weird, it worked as advertised for at least a week after first buying it!
    Manny, sorry about the trouble. There is a new version that I am hoping to release soon that should fix some of these troubles.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Whoops. I suck. I fixed it so you can send to it. Sorry about that.
    Ok, I just e-mailed it to you...
    Thanks App Creators...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I have been having the same issue ...any ideas?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Anybody having trouble loading new wallpaper? Mine won't switch and when I try to manually update I get a server error from the app.
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Well... I thought 1.3.5 would fix the problem of the error "sorry too many cards" but now I think it is triggered by the Switcharoo Free version Homebrew app. I've switched it off and seem to be okay now. I'm disappointed, as I had hundreds of great pics saved on the Pre that would pop up randomly at the intervals I set. I would pay for the App version, but I want to select the pics - not rely on random pics pulled from the web