Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    But when the timing kicks off the switch, the app is opened again as a background app, and the image object is created and added to the dom... but then I dont how to close the app. If I could close the background app it would automatically release it's full DOM... but I can't figure it out.

However, normally Switcharoo just sits there quietly in the background doing nothing until the next timing event, so as long as there are no memory leaks it doesn't really matter.
    i'm totally ignorant as to the limitations of apps - but instead of finding the app to close it, can't the app kill itself once the switch has happened? i'm imagining that the timer is separate from the switcher here (cron? subprocesses?) but i guess that might not be possible? anyway, one image object at 320x480 hanging around shouldn't be too prohibitive, should it?

(also, guess i'm one of the few making sure my wallpapers are properly sized before putting them in the wallapper dir, meaning you wouldn't have to mess with resizing at all as far as i'm concerned, but understand the desire to have a full featured app... maybe make the resizing optional?)

anyway - huge thanks for taking care of this so quickly. my phone feels positively dead without switcharoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    (also, guess i'm one of the few making sure my wallpapers are properly sized before putting them in the wallapper dir, meaning you wouldn't have to mess with resizing at all as far as i'm concerned, but understand the desire to have a full featured app... maybe make the resizing optional?)
    I do that too - and while I'm not sure whether or how much it saves on memory or battery, I think choosing "Actual Size" does what you're looking for.
    Boydell,

Thanks for the update!

Rick
    The 9.19 version doesn't work for me.
    All I get is Switcharoo Active But no toggle
    Two blank boxes under that
    and then Two blank boxes in Advanced.

I had to get my pre replaced (which sucks)
    and it is taking me all day to get it back to the way it was.

Any ideas? I love this program. It is the bee's knees
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellnation View Post

Try removing the program, (orange + click on the app) and then re-install. If the problem was caused by messed up settings, that should reset them. Let me know if that did not work.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Not sure what is happening, but upgraded to the newest version 0.9.19 when I open the app and choose the new 3hour switch timing option and then swipe the card away, then open it back up the 3hour switch timing is changed to the 1hour. Tested all of the other timing options and they stick and seem to work just fine so it only does this on the new 3hour option. Any thoughts?

BTW love the app have been using it for several weeks now and has worked well until now.
    Last edited by ttkk1; 11/05/2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Platinum; Visor Phone, Palm Zire 72; Treo 270, 700p; Centro x2; Pixi, Pre
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkk1 View Post
    Not sure what is happening, but upgraded to the newest version 0.9.19 when I open the app and choose the new 3hour switch timing option and then swipe the card away, then open it back up the 3hour switch timing is changed to the 1hour. Tested all of the other timing options and they stick and seem to work just fine so it only does this on the new 3hour option. Any thoughts?

BTW love the app have been using it for several weeks now and has worked well until now.
    Yup. I know exactly what it is. I forgot to implement the 3 hour option as a valid option in the settings class, so it resets it back to 1 hour.

I will fix it as soon as I get a chance.
    I am on my 3rd Pre in 6 months. The first two had no problems running the App. After downloading the App on the new Pre, it doesn't run properly. I have uninstalled & reinstalled 4 times and get the same results. I really like this App and need help on getting it to work on my Pre. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellnation View Post

exact same problem. maybe is not compatible with 1.1.3? I tried installing via preware and WOS QI, uninstalling and installing with no avail. Also tried to the live version to see if that was working and nope. Am i missing something?
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    .9.18 is working for me.
    FWIW, I'm having no problems with 0.9.19. and WebOS 1.1.3
    what did i do wrong? :/ I really wanted to try this app... Are there any suggestions on how to solve this? or alternative versions to test?
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    exact same problem. maybe is not compatible with 1.1.3? I tried installing via preware and WOS QI, uninstalling and installing with no avail. Also tried to the live version to see if that was working and nope. Am i missing something?
    You also tried the live version? Weird!

Do you have any patches installed? And are you actually using 1.1.3, not 1.3.1?
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by Church Punk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tripidad View Post
    I am on my 3rd Pre in 6 months. The first two had no problems running the App. After downloading the App on the new Pre, it doesn't run properly. I have uninstalled & reinstalled 4 times and get the same results. I really like this App and need help on getting it to work on my Pre. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Joseph
    Do you have the sdk? Or are you rooted into your pre that you wanna try pulling the log? If so, PM me.
    I noticed that you cant use the "messaging" folder as an option. Has this always been the case? I don't really remember prior to 1.3.1 update.

btw, this app is working like a champ on 1.3.1, no issues whatsoever.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I noticed that you cant use the "messaging" folder as an option. Has this always been the case? I don't really remember prior to 1.3.1 update.

btw, this app is working like a champ on 1.3.1, no issues whatsoever.
    That has always been the case. The images in there dont really work... dont know why. Screenshots also...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    for some strange reason, this is not working. I updated it, and it keeps switching switcharoo active to off. I can't update my pre till myTether is fixed, or I won't have that, but this new version of switcharoo doesn't stay checked, when I close it & I open it back, it erases all choices & active goes to no. It also chooses pics from random folders even when I specify one. This couldn't all b from not updating, can it? I'm judt 1 version behind... 1.2.1 Instead of 1.3.1.
    Ooh, me likes... This app rox mah sox
    Thanks App Creators...
    Thanx pre for making an OPEN phone!!!
    This is the best thing one could do 2 a phone!
    I am not updating to 1.3.1 just yet on either of my Pres. one of them is 1.2.1 on which switcharoo works perfectly. The other is 1.1.0 and switcharoo only shows "Switcharoo Active" with no On/Off switch and no other options (the spaces are all blank)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly_addams View Post
    I am not updating to 1.3.1 just yet on either of my Pres. one of them is 1.2.1 on which switcharoo works perfectly. The other is 1.1.0 and switcharoo only shows "Switcharoo Active" with no On/Off switch and no other options (the spaces are all blank)
    - on 1.3.1 switcharoo works great
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    my switch is defaulting to 1 hour even when set to 3 or more hours is there a bug?