Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 607
  1. #481  
    thx, I am just not a fan of having to repair my pre w/ webdr... So I wanted 2 be sure....
  2. xplode#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #482  
    am i the only one having trouble now? i was doing fine with about 500-600 pics in my folder since the start, but after upgrading to the latest version (after the appstore rejection and homebrew bounce-back, which i missed - so this was an upgrade from the previous hb version to the latest) i have noticed my phone getting bogged down after about a day, and then i get the "out of memory, close cards" message even when i have no cards open on the phone.

    if i switch off switcharoo, the phone doesn't do this, leading me to assume switcharoo is the culprit. i have used the mvapp tool to link apps into /media/internal maybe that has something to do with it (which also means i have a tar'd backup so i'll try going back one version.)

    this is my favourite app, hoping you can get it into the store soon i wanna pay for it. (don't have paypal.)

    a few more thoughts - why not bypass the mediadb calls - make a new folder (/media/internal/switcheroo) and use that for wallpapers. i would actually kinda prefer not to have my wallpapers in the photos app so to me that'd actually be a benefit, not the other way around.

    (oh, if you want me to pull logs or anything for you, i'd be happy to.)
  3. #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    am i the only one having trouble now? i was doing fine with about 500-600 pics in my folder since the start, but after upgrading to the latest version (after the appstore rejection and homebrew bounce-back, which i missed - so this was an upgrade from the previous hb version to the latest) i have noticed my phone getting bogged down after about a day, and then i get the "out of memory, close cards" message even when i have no cards open on the phone.
    I've noticed this too and was thinking it was related to Switcharoo. I'm going to go back to an earlier version to see if that helps since I'm pretty sure my "out of memory" issues started with the current version.
  4. #484  
    ditto. "too many cards" error when I wake up in the morning - although of course there are none open. I have it set to change every five minutes. Is that just too much work for the phone?
  5. #485  
    Since I changed to a previous version of Switcharoo yesterday afternoon, I've had no problems with "too many cards open". I've opened/closed a ton of cards in that time. With the current release, I would have to reset the phone probably twice by now just with minimal use of the Pre. Seems like there must be a memory leak in the current version. I too have it set to change every 5-minute but have never had a problem prior to this release.
  6. Ccureton's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    am i the only one having trouble now? i was doing fine with about 500-600 pics in my folder since the start, but after upgrading to the latest version (after the appstore rejection and homebrew bounce-back, which i missed - so this was an upgrade from the previous hb version to the latest) i have noticed my phone getting bogged down after about a day, and then i get the "out of memory, close cards" message even when i have no cards open on the phone.

    if i switch off switcharoo, the phone doesn't do this, leading me to assume switcharoo is the culprit. i have used the mvapp tool to link apps into /media/internal maybe that has something to do with it (which also means i have a tar'd backup so i'll try going back one version.)

    this is my favourite app, hoping you can get it into the store soon i wanna pay for it. (don't have paypal.)

    a few more thoughts - why not bypass the mediadb calls - make a new folder (/media/internal/switcheroo) and use that for wallpapers. i would actually kinda prefer not to have my wallpapers in the photos app so to me that'd actually be a benefit, not the other way around.

    (oh, if you want me to pull logs or anything for you, i'd be happy to.)
    I was having this same problem, then turned switcharoo off and the problem is gone.
  7. #487  
    Add me to the list of people having an issue with Switcheroo and the probable memory leak. Hopefully it can be fixed with an update. Thanks for the great app though!!
  8. #488  
    I have confirmed that I having a memory leak problem also. For the last week been having the "too many cards" error. Each day, I decided to not load up one app. today was switcharoo day, and i have not have the issue yet. Going to go back to 0.9.14 until this can get fixed
  9. #489  
    I've not experienced "too many cards" but I do notice my Pre becomes sluggish when I have Switcharoo running, even after I've had it running and turned it off. I wonder if this has anything to do with the wallpapers that are used being duplicated twice in the .wallpapers folder, one an exact copy of the original (all mine are 320x480 so I don't know if the version that gets saved here is one that might have been zoomed in on, then saved), the 2nd a thumbnail size image of the original, saved under .wallpapers/thumbs/, and usually about 3-5KB. This adds up to a lot of wasted space if you've been switching wallpapers every 5-30 minutes for several days with a large library of wallpapers.

    boydell,
    Do you think it would be possible to program Switcharoo to delete these extra files each time it switches to a new wallpaper?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have confirmed that I having a memory leak problem also. For the last week been having the "too many cards" error. Each day, I decided to not load up one app. today was switcharoo day, and i have not have the issue yet. Going to go back to 0.9.14 until this can get fixed
    Can you tell me where I can find version 0.9.14 or can someone make it available?

    I too am getting the "Too Many Cards" message.

    Thanks,
    Rick
  11.    #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by CobERA View Post
    Can you tell me where I can find version 0.9.14 or can someone make it available?

    I too am getting the "Too Many Cards" message.

    Thanks,
    Rick
    I feel your pain. Been busy with a new version that does not use the MediaDB, and so far it does not have any memory leakage.

    I will go back to the previous code and see if I can find the leak. If not, I will re-release the older version.
  12.    #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I've not experienced "too many cards" but I do notice my Pre becomes sluggish when I have Switcharoo running, even after I've had it running and turned it off. I wonder if this has anything to do with the wallpapers that are used being duplicated twice in the .wallpapers folder, one an exact copy of the original (all mine are 320x480 so I don't know if the version that gets saved here is one that might have been zoomed in on, then saved), the 2nd a thumbnail size image of the original, saved under .wallpapers/thumbs/, and usually about 3-5KB. This adds up to a lot of wasted space if you've been switching wallpapers every 5-30 minutes for several days with a large library of wallpapers.

    boydell,
    Do you think it would be possible to program Switcharoo to delete these extra files each time it switches to a new wallpaper?
    As far as I can tell it doesn't have anything to do with that. It started happening when I implemented the image resizing and tracking with the depot rather than cookies. So it has to be in there somewhere.

    However, I understand what you are saying here. No way really to handle that problem with this version. Palm does not give any access to that level. However in Switcharoo-live I pulled a trick where I rename the files that are downloaded to the same set of filenames (s1.jpg - s50.jpg) so the same problem does not manifest. I can only do that because the files are being downloaded. With files on the phone, there is not much that can be done.
  13.    #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    I feel your pain. Been busy with a new version that does not use the MediaDB, and so far it does not have any memory leakage.

    I will go back to the previous code and see if I can find the leak. If not, I will re-release the older version.
    Well, I found it. But I dont know the solution without losing some functionality.

    The problem is I added some code to figure out the size of the image so I could set the scale correctly. Unfortunately this code:

    image = new Image();

    adds an object to the DOM every time. But I can't find it to remove it. image.parentNode.removeChild(image); doesn't work because image doesn't have a parent node. I can't find it in document.images because that list is still at zero.

    Anyone have any ideas?
  14.    #494  
    Well, I fixed it. Still dont know how to free up that image, but I made it so it doesn't try to create a new one every time it switches. Now the memory usage is nice and stable. No leaks.
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    Well, I fixed it. Still dont know how to free up that image, but I made it so it doesn't try to create a new one every time it switches. Now the memory usage is nice and stable. No leaks.
    Does that mean that you are going to posting a new version of the app?
  16. #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    Well, I fixed it. Still dont know how to free up that image, but I made it so it doesn't try to create a new one every time it switches. Now the memory usage is nice and stable. No leaks.
    Would a reboot release it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Does that mean that you are going to posting a new version of the app?
    He already did. It is linked from the first post, as it always is
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/switcharoo

    Thanks Boydell, it is appreciated. I also was getting the to many cards error and did not even know that it was that last version causing it.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  17.    #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Would a reboot release it?
    Yes, but it is even easier. If you open the switcharoo app, and then swish it closed, the whole app closes (including it's background processes that may be previously open), which completely frees up the app's DOM object including the image objects.

    But when the timing kicks off the switch, the app is opened again as a background app, and the image object is created and added to the dom... but then I dont how to close the app. If I could close the background app it would automatically release it's full DOM... but I can't figure it out.

    However, normally Switcharoo just sits there quietly in the background doing nothing until the next timing event, so as long as there are no memory leaks it doesn't really matter.
  18. #498  
    Boydell, thanks for your continued support. So many of us really appreciate Switcharoo.
  19. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    He already did. It is linked from the first post, as it always is
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/switcharoo
    That's link (from the first post) goes to the old version. The new version should be posted shortly. See: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...live-beta.html.
  20.    #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    That's link (from the first post) goes to the old version. The new version should be posted shortly. See: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...live-beta.html.
    No, the link at the first of this thread takes you to the fixed version of this version of switcharoo. In other words, it is the one that uses wallpapers on your phone, rather than downloaded from a server, but I fixed the problem that was causing the memory leak.

    I have started calling this version "Switcharoo Free", and the other one "Switcharoo Live". Some day I hope to have the functionality of both in one app...

Posting Permissions