Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    I just installed the new demo. I wanted to thank the author too but:

The small screen shows up when I run the demo for the first time and tap on the "change wallpaper now" button. The second shows up every other time I run the demo. And no wallpapers get switched.

The big screen was showing up before with the older version of Switcharoo that was pulled from the app catalog. It would usually show up following a reboot of my Pre. Uninstalling and reinstalling Switcharoo would usually fix it until the app got pulled from the Homebrew Catalog. Now uninstalling and reinstalling the Switcharoo Demo does, nothing.

I should also add that I have about 3,000 images one my Pre including about 1,200 wallpapers so maybe the limits that have been put into the demo are causing it to choke in some way.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I still have the original version but the update feature of the randomizer working proper sounds great. I use Switch on wallpapers once a day but get repeats a lot. I assumed this was from the constant Luna restarts or the semi frequent full restarts that I need to do for whatever reason, and it would reset Switcharoo's memory of what's been used or not..? Also, if I did any restarts/refresh within a few hours before midnight, it would always skip switching until midnight the next day. Do those two issues no longer exist with the update??
    If not, will my original version just stop working when this AWESOME app either goes into Palm catalog or is revamped for the Homebrew list?

With the thousands of perfectly formatted images available, (thnx iPhone) this is one of my favorites!
    Great job and thank you for your efforts.. .
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I still have the original version but the update feature of the randomizer working proper sounds great. I use Switch on wallpapers once a day but get repeats a lot. I assumed this was from the constant Luna restarts or the semi frequent full restarts that I need to do for whatever reason, and it would reset Switcharoo's memory of what's been used or not..? Also, if I did any restarts/refresh within a few hours before midnight, it would always skip switching until midnight the next day. Do those two issues no longer exist with the update??
    If not, will my original version just stop working when this AWESOME app either goes into Palm catalog or is revamped for the Homebrew list?

With the thousands of perfectly formatted images available, (thnx iPhone) this is one of my favorites!
    Great job and thank you for your efforts.. .
    Those two issues SHOULD be fixed. You know, you could keep your original, but turn it off. Then download the new one and try it.

Your original will not stop working with a release to the Palm catalog or any new version in homebrew.
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    I should also add that I have about 3,000 images one my Pre including about 1,200 wallpapers so maybe the limits that have been put into the demo are causing it to choke in some way.
    Wow! I think it is a memory thing.

Do you have root access? You wanna pull the log for me? If so, try switching so the weird screen comes up with the numbers, then ssh into your phone and copy the log to media/internal

cp /var/log/messages /media/internal/

then zip up "messages" and PM me, and I will give you an email address to send it to.

But if you don't want to, that is ok also.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    Wow! I think it is a memory thing.

Do you have root access? You wanna pull the log for me? If so, try switching so the weird screen comes up with the numbers, then ssh into your phone and copy the log to media/internal

cp /var/log/messages /media/internal/

then zip up "messages" and PM me, and I will give you an email address to send it to.

But if you don't want to, that is ok also.

Same thing here with my canadian PRE, I would love to give you the info so you could work on it, but I just dont know how.

I also have 8305 pictures to choose.

I think thats the problem.

Thanks for such a great app.
    could someone please pm me v0.9.14, thanks
  7.    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by shoryuken666 View Post
    Same thing here with my canadian PRE, I would love to give you the info so you could work on it, but I just dont know how.

I also have 8305 pictures to choose.

I think thats the problem.

Thanks for such a great app.
    Yah... that is definitely the problem. I have been using cookies to track what images have been used, but cookies will only hold data 4k or smaller. With a list of 8000 pictures, that is about 40k.

I am switching to the depot storage engine, and should have something soon. Watch for an update today or tomorrow.
  8.    #448  
    Yah... that is definitely the problem. I have been using cookies to track what images have been used, but cookies will only hold data 4k or smaller. With a list of 8000 pictures, that is about 40k.

I am switching to the depot storage engine, and should have something soon. Watch for an update today or tomorrow.
    The new version is out there, and should fix it. Let me know.
  9.    #449  
    So, good news for all of you, but bad new for me.

Switcharoo was rejected for now as part of the official catalog. (Those darn MediaDB calls!) So I have re-released it to the homebrew catalog.

The latest version has all the fixes in it, including a fix for those of you that have over 1000 images. (I hope).

Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Switcharoo was rejected for now as part of the official catalog. (Those darn MediaDB calls!) So I have re-released it to the homebrew catalog.

The latest version has all the fixes in it, including a fix for those of you that have over 1000 images. (I hope).

Enjoy.
    Well, at least you know when it does get accepted you have a big fan base who will gladly get it there!
    does the latest version expire?

do you need the mediadb calls? i wonder how does that weather app do it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Enjoy.
    I'm sorry it got rejected, but we, the fans from hell, will not let you down, we will support you either donating, or buying the app...

at least someone in Canada is happy because of your work...

thanks a lot friend...
  13.    #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    does the latest version expire?

do you need the mediadb calls? i wonder how does that weather app do it.
    The latest version does not expire.

The weatherman seems to take your current wallpaper, and make a new image with the weather information on it, then set the wallpaper to that. None of that requires mediaDB.

Where I get into trouble is pulling the list of available albums and the list of available images in the picked album. Those are both mediaDB calls.
    The latest version does not expire.

The weatherman seems to take your current wallpaper, and make a new image with the weather information on it, then set the wallpaper to that. None of that requires mediaDB.

Where I get into trouble is pulling the list of available albums and the list of available images in the picked album. Those are both mediaDB calls.
    Is there a way around it by creating a set folder that your app can use (e.g. either a new folder called "switcharoo" or just use the "wallpaper" folder? I know its a step down in functionality, but if that at least gets it into the catalog, is it worth it? just a thought.

Enjoy.
    A shame but as you point out on your website, not unexpected. If it makes you feel better, you have our undying thanks and if you put a Paypal tip jar on your site, you will likely get quite a few donations....
    I tried again, still not taking the +8000 pictures, not that I'm complaining or anything, what I did is I put 1000 pics in each folder, and now I choose each folder.

once again, you kick ***, I think your work will be rewarded.

thanks again.
    I absolutely adore this app. Every 15 minutes, I have a new girlfriend...

Tip of the hat, and a tip in your jar is coming.

Strictly PG13, no nudity, over 58,000 wallpapers: http://www.zedge.net/wallpapers/2792...pers/14-0-1-1/
    Last edited by ScaryHumor; 10/22/2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added link
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Sorry you didn't get into the app catalog yet, but thanks for giving us access while that's in progress.

A woman of my word -- I donated today what I would have been willing to pay for the app if it had been in the catalog. Well worth it to me -- just love this app.
    boydell, sorry to hear about the rejection. This is one of my favorite apps, at the moment. Please let me know where I can donate. I definitely want to support this.

So is anyone (Precentral, Preware, etc.) coming up with an alternate (paid) solution for apps that aren't accepted in the official app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by germboy View Post
    ...Please let me know where I can donate. I definitely want to support this....
    Read the first post in this thread, look for the big pill shaped "Donate" button.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers