Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Great App! Always a pleasure to see a new background each time I look at my phone!

How many images can you keep/will the app go through in the background folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang7303 View Post
    Great App! Always a pleasure to see a new background each time I look at my phone!

How many images can you keep/will the app go through in the background folder?
    I use the ALL IMAGES folder and have more than 500 pics on my Pre. Have not seen the same image twice yet.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    First of all, this is an app I have wanted for a long time, on this device as well as other devices, so thank you very much for its development!!

This might have been posted earlier and I missed it, but I wanted to post a tip for those out there trying to get their random backgrounds to appear as they predict them to.

Whenever you make an image on your Pre a background, via Screen & Lock or through Photos browsing, it saves the image you adjusted as another 320x480 version of the original. It saves these in a hidden folder, which is visible in USB mode as "F:/.wallpaper" where F is your drive letter. It probably goes without saying in a Homebrew subforum, but don't make changes to these hidden folders, and if you do, it's at your own risk.

While you can't choose this hidden folder as your Switcheroo folder, you can of course copy these images into a visible folder. I made a folder called Switcheroo while in USB mode and copied a number of these wallpapers, which I had made throughout the course of the summer, into the folder. I also yanked the default Pre wallpapers, a bunch of iPhone wallpapers, and some GIMP hack jobs I did myself into my Switcheroo, and now I've got a great pile of images which display perfectly.

Just wanted to pass along my success for those who might not be aware. Thanks again for this great program!
    Every now and then, my switcharoo stops changing my wallpapers... Anyone have any idea why???
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I use the ALL IMAGES folder and have more than 500 pics on my Pre. Have not seen the same image twice yet.
    I have almost 900 in my wallpaper folder and I see repeats a lot.
    Also the stretching behavior should be a user definable option!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I love this app its nice to see somthing differant everytime I turn on the phone.
    I get repeat a lot though.
    Love it!!! I see you added more times too. Really nice.
    can it be set to random each and every time you turn the phone on, rather than set by time?
    Does anyone know if the previous version of the switcharoo applications is still available for download? I installed the current version 0.9.12 and unfortunately the app no longer has the ability to re size pictures for proper PRE viewing wallpapers. I had that ability with version 0.9.11. Any help on this subject matter will be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Suggestions:

1) Allow the app to have a "random" mode & a "alphanumerical" mode. In random mode, the pictures load randomly. In alphanumerical mode, the pictures change each day in order depending on what the image file is named.

2) If random mode is set, allow the app to not choose a background that was used in the last 4 or 5 days (or have the user set the # of days). Many time the background would change on a Wednesday & it is the same image I had on the previous Monday. Even though the folder has 100+ backgrounds.
    Follow Me On

Looking for the prior version as 9.12 for some reason scales down the images waaaaay to far. The prior version worked incredibly well!
    Ive had switcharoo installed for a couple weeks now, but ive noticed that ill see the same images two or even three times a day from a folder of about 200-300 images? I have it change every 15 mins, but i still cant help but feel like im seeing the same images over and over, and some never at all. Anyone else notice this?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traypick View Post
    Does anyone know if the previous version of the switcharoo applications is still available for download? I installed the current version 0.9.12 and unfortunately the app no longer has the ability to re size pictures for proper PRE viewing wallpapers. I had that ability with version 0.9.11. Any help on this subject matter will be appreciated.

Thanks!
    I second this! The 0.9.12 sucks big time! It has now gone back to previously when it didn't work and it stretches the images, very lame. This was one of my favorite apps and the stretching renders it practically useless.

Go back to 0.9.11!! This was such a great app, its a pity it was made worse with an update...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It says this in the update notes "but now if there are images being used in other directories, uses the default behavior of resizing to fit the screen"

So if it is using a directory other than photos directly shot with the Pre it uses the stretching function...very lame.

I would highly recommend to the developer to change back whatever was changed in 0.9.12 and go back to 0.9.11, worked a thousand times better!
    Last edited by natenrb9; 08/31/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Hmm... I haven't had any problems with 0.9.12. My images are displaying very nicely. But all my images are 320x480. Personally I don't want to display anything but 320x480 as a wallpaper image anyway.

The only improvement I'd like to see is in the album list... it searches the entire Pre for any folders containing images. I'd like to limit it to just the wallpapers folder and its subfolders. If I want one of those other images as a wallpaper I'll copy it to the wallpapers folder.

Thanks for a great app.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    first off - awesome app, loving it. been using it for weeks and haven't had a single problem. the simplest thing seems to be to just have a specifid dir with resized 320x480 pics, no worries with stretching them. plus you save tons of space on the phone...

my request: allow typing in the foldername to use, reason: my walls dir has over 500 nice pics, but don't want/need to access them in the photos app. seems to slow down opening it up, for one thing.

i'd like to keep my walls in a .switcheroo folder, hence hidden from photos app. possible?
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by traypick View Post

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by OreBear View Post
    Looking for the prior version as 9.12 for some reason scales down the images waaaaay to far. The prior version worked incredibly well!
    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    I second this! The 0.9.12 sucks big time! It has now gone back to previously when it didn't work and it stretches the images, very lame. This was one of my favorite apps and the stretching renders it practically useless.

Go back to 0.9.11!! This was such a great app, its a pity it was made worse with an update...
    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    It says this in the update notes "but now if there are images being used in other directories, uses the default behavior of resizing to fit the screen"

So if it is using a directory other than photos directly shot with the Pre it uses the stretching function...very lame.

I would highly recommend to the developer to change back whatever was changed in 0.9.12 and go back to 0.9.11, worked a thousand times better!
    Thanks to everyone on your feedback. Unfortunately, there is no way I have found to get the size of the image without displaying it first. Which of course when we are talking about a background app, that is not feasible. So I tried to make some guesses about when to resize the images and when not to. I fixed it so images resized, but then everything resized which broke it for more people that it fixed, so I had to only set it so it resized if the images were in a specific place.

That fixed it for most people, but obviously some people still had problems.

Soooo... This new version lets you pick the method of resizing to match the types of images you have. It defaults to the method that should work for most people, but gives you the choice. Hopefully that fixes it for most everyone.

If, however, you have a folder of a mix of images, (some photos that are full size, and some wallpapers of 320x480) there is not a setting that is perfect. So, you may have to manually resize anything that looks weird.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    first off - awesome app, loving it. been using it for weeks and haven't had a single problem. the simplest thing seems to be to just have a specifid dir with resized 320x480 pics, no worries with stretching them. plus you save tons of space on the phone...

my request: allow typing in the foldername to use, reason: my walls dir has over 500 nice pics, but don't want/need to access them in the photos app. seems to slow down opening it up, for one thing.

i'd like to keep my walls in a .switcheroo folder, hence hidden from photos app. possible?
    Not right now. The only way I know of to pick images is to use the album list service. So obviously, anything hidden from the photos app would be hidden from switcharoo. But if anyone knows of another option, I would love to hear it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Very nice! Thanks for the quick reply and update! That is definitely the best option to just let users decide which sizing option to use. Well done! I made a donation for your hard work.

Great app! Definitely one of the top few in the homebrew catalog!
    what does no repeats mean for image sequence? it does start over after all are shown?

i only have 50 ish wallpapers (something i would no have if it werent for this app), but it did seem that the same wallpaper came up a lot.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.