Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I use ALL IMAGES switching and I have about 10 albums that I transfered from my PC. The last version showed them a little streched but worked great and now it zooms in so far that I can not tell what the pic is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have the same stretching problem...I have some pictures that zooms in like 300% even though they were already cropped to the right proportion... And then I have others that are showing with a black "frame" around them even though they were also already cropped the photo to be a 4x6 size, but it was under the resolution of the pre...so before, where this problem was working GREAT, not it either zooms in on the photo or zooms out on the photo. Note that I am using the standard 'wallpapers' album for this.

is there any way to either get a prior version of this program to reinstall, or add a setting to "allow zooming" so this can be disabled?

thanks!
    K, I fixed it.

New version, v0.9.12. It keeps the feature 0.9.11 had with photos in the DCIM dir, but with anything else, it uses the default behavior of resizing so you can see the whole image.
    great! downloaded the new version and seems to work a lot better! Still love this app!
    Great job so far. An idea for this came to me last night.

The option to choose exactly when the switching occurs. Example:

Daily/Every 3 Days? Set time for xx:xx am/pm
    Weekly? Set time for xx:xx am/pm & choose day M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Great app and my images work perfect. Great job!

Question about the "once a day" setting. Does it switch at midnight every day or 24 hours from when I originally set it??
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Great app and my images work perfect. Great job!

Question about the "once a day" setting. Does it switch at midnight every day or 24 hours from when I originally set it??
    24 hours from when you set it. However, I have on my todo list to switch it to a specific time.
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post

Very interesting idea

I would love that feature as well! Great app though, love it!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Memory leak? Seems like battery is draining faster after 9.12. Anyone else notice this?
    Now images I know are natively 320X480, photos I took WITH the Pre, are showing up small. Any idea why?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I like it, used for the first time with 9.12 and have two issues:

1. Battery is definitely getting hit
    2. All my pictures are "squished a little horizontally. They're in a separate folder (not in DCIM) I made called "Switched" and I put a few in there that I took. They look fine if I set them as wallpaper normally, but narrower via the app.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

I'd like this also. So you could have a calendar or agenda show during work, but your other favorite personal pictures at other times.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I first used 9.11 and it seemed to work fine with folder outside DCIM. Upgraded to 9.12 today and images are about 1/3 the size they should be. Not noticing and significant battery drain yet, but will keep an eye on it. Really love this app!
    images are still showing up at about 1/6 scale. Unsure why. Using latest version. Photos I took with the pre's camera should take up the entire screen, no?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Now images I know are natively 320X480, photos I took WITH the Pre, are showing up small. Any idea why?
    Pictures taken with the Pre's camera are much larger than 320x480. They do have to be scaled to fit.
    Thanx for the quick fix on the 9.12. I wasn't liking the wallpapers being cropped like that... Awesome App... Much loved.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by mchadsac View Post
    I first used 9.11 and it seemed to work fine with folder outside DCIM. Upgraded to 9.12 today and images are about 1/3 the size they should be. Not noticing and significant battery drain yet, but will keep an eye on it. Really love this app!
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    images are still showing up at about 1/6 scale. Unsure why. Using latest version. Photos I took with the pre's camera should take up the entire screen, no?
    Weird weird weird! I have tried to replicate it with 0.9.12, and cant. Here is the way it is supposed to work. If the image is in DCIM it will scale it down 1/3rd, because those images SHOULD all be 2304 x 3072 (The native resolution of the pre camera). If the image is anywhere else, it should full the screen.

Can you snag one of those pictures off and send it to me? And tell me the name of the folder the image was in?
    My Pre has been rebooting randomly while sitting on a table alone since I installed Switcharoo. It first happened about 7 days between resets and today it happened only 3 days after the last one. I wasn't using the Pre at all and it was sitting by itself with the screen off with only Mail, Messaging and Phone running both times. My only guess is that perhaps Switcharoo is causing some type of memory leak that over time causes the phone to reboot? No clue. I've uninstalled Switcharoo to see if it's the culprit or something else. Will report back.

BTW, note that you won't know this is happening unless you always keep a card open because if you never leave cards open then the phone can reset without you noticing (in your pocket even).
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    I'm having an issue with the "Once a day" option. It will change 1 day, but by the second day it wont change anymore........anyone having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    About:
    Switcharoo is a nifty utility that will randomly switch your wallpapers for you, based on a schedule, (once an hour, once a day, etc).

Download here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/switcharoo

Notes:
    • You must run it the first time for the switching to begin.
    • You don't have to keep the program running for it to switch.
    • Photos are scaled so they don't look stretched. However, it has to zoom to fill the screen, and so it may not always crop the way you may have done it if you did it by hand.

To do:
    • Have the ability to set the folder or album the images will come from (Done in 0.9.3)
    • Additional times for switching (Done in 0.9.3)
    • Allow for sequential switching rather than random
    • Keep the app from closing automatically when the switch happens in the background. (done in 0.9.7)
    • Add feature to "reset settings"
    • Make horizontal images not stretched.(done in 0.9.11)
    • Select multiple albums without choosing "Photo Roll"
    • Add 6 hours to the time options.(done in 0.9.10)

v0.9.12
    • Quick fix for a bug introduced in v0.9.11. Still scales photos to retain their aspect ratio, but now if there are images being used in other directories, uses the default behavior of resizing to fit the screen. Recommended download for anyone that got v0.9.11, and has wallpaper images that are not the standard size of 320x480.

v0.9.11
    • Fixed the photo stretching problem. Now scales the images so they retain their aspect ratio.

v0.9.10
    • Fixed the switching of "once every 3 days"
    • Took out the switching of "once a week". (doesn't work... will find a fix in the future.)
    • Added a new time of "Once every 6 hours"

v0.9.9
    • Stronger error handling. Should now tell you if it could not switch images.
    • Fixed for albums that had a space in the name.
    • Fixed it so when using "All Images" it does not try to switch to albums that cause problems (like screenshots)

v0.9.8
    • All debug messages turned off

v0.9.7
    • Keep the app from closing when the switching happens in the background
    • Improve the code to find the wallpapers album the first time the app is run

v0.9.6(debug)sorry it is a zip, but I couldn't get it to upload
    • Changed the debug message so it does not get cut off.

v0.9.5(debug)
    • Quick fix for an issue where it sometimes would not start the background process.

v0.9.4(debug) Don't get this version if the notifications will bug you.
    • Added a notification every time you change the album. This can help determine that the album is switching properly
    • Added a notification every time the wallpaper is switched. This can help determine where the images are coming from.
    • Fixed a bug that made it sometimes not switch the images. (FYI, the index on the images is zero-based).
    • Fixed a bug where one part of the app would overwrite and replace the cookie-settings that had been set from another part of the app. That was likely causing some of the issues with folders not retaining their settings or the app pulling from other folders.
    • Added code the checks to make sure all settings exist, and creates them if not.

v0.9.3
    • Added the ability to pick an album for the program to use
    • Fixed the problem of the app sometimes using all pictures
    • Now does not pick the same images twice in a row
    • Added additional times of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 1 week.

Download Here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/switcharoo

If you want to donate 1$ for this app, you can do so here:

Licensing:
    This application is free to download and use. However, please do not distribute without permission. The source code is not open source.
    One of my fav apps. however, I think that you should include a preference section within the app that gives users the option to have the smaller pics stretched or not.

Thanks in advanced
    i just want the 2 folder option. thanks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.