Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Anybody have any reports of impact on battery life? I can't tell for sure but I get the feeling this does in fact negatively impact battery life. Anybody else notice anything?
    I've had this app since it came out and haven't had any negative affect on my battery. This app has worked great for me.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    is there any way you could have an option to pull the images from some online wallpaper galleries vs having the pics stored on the Pre itself? that would allow for a much larger selection of pics and not have it repeat the same one
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    AWESOME! 0.9.9 is working correctly for me. Not sure what changed but I am A.O.K with it! Thanks!!!
    Finally! I think it was actually the names of the albums, which was the main fix for that version... but I improved the way the calls were made, making them more standard, and that could have done it also.
    Hello folks... Please help!

Although the pages say that v0.9.9 is available, when I go to the app catalog the file showing in the text box is v0.9.1.

Why don't I see v0.9.9? I only see:

http://blah.blah.blah/com.palm_.app_...0.9.10_all.ipk

help?
    I just saw that switcharoo is now 0.9.10 but don't see any change notes... Could you tell us what changed? Thx.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by flare576 View Post
    Feature Request: Setup an online-repository to download a random image from.

Necessary Components:
    Images would need meta-data about subject matter and category (ie: Explicit words/images and if it's abstract/nature/movie/etc.) that can be filtered in the app.
    Would need a toggle (Use local images only or go online for images)

I don't know how feasible this is, or how much traffic the server you use would get, but it'd be a great feature that's currently available on Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    is there any way you could have an option to pull the images from some online wallpaper galleries vs having the pics stored on the Pre itself? that would allow for a much larger selection of pics and not have it repeat the same one
    These are great ideas. I will look at that and see what the options are. It could be set to pull the next image (or set of images if you have the timing set to more than once a day) when the phone was charging, or other down time.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    Hello folks... Please help!

Although the pages say that v0.9.9 is available, when I go to the app catalog the file showing in the text box is v0.9.1.

Why don't I see v0.9.9? I only see:

http://blah.blah.blah/com.palm_.app_...0.9.10_all.ipk

help?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I just saw that switcharoo is now 0.9.10 but don't see any change notes... Could you tell us what changed? Thx.
    I was just about to post that, but you guys are to fast! There is a new version. Minor change to fix the switching of every 3 days.

v0.9.10
    - Fixed the switching of "once every 3 days"
    - took out the switching of "once a week". (doesn't work... will find a fix in the future.)
    - Added a new time of "Once every 6 hours"
    Quote Originally Posted by boydell View Post
    I was just about to post that, but you guys are to fast! There is a new version. Minor change to fix the switching of every 3 days.
    ahhhhh... I see. When I saw "0.9.10" I read it as "0.9.1" !!

So actually I had the latest one but I thought I had one from way back... Btw: program is fun and works better and better all the time! Thanks alot.
    Boydell, you should see if you can work with PimpMyPre to get access to the PreLoader's repository of wallpapers, he says he has over 2000 on there. I am sure you could work something out so your program could pull down random ones from there.

I mentioned to him that he should work with you in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-requests.html
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/12/2009 at 02:24 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This is a great app. Thank you for your efforts. My only question is how does this affect battery life?
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst28 View Post
    This is a great app. Thank you for your efforts. My only question is how does this affect battery life?
    In my test, not at all. The program does not actually run in the background. It just asks the photo to run the program an hour from now (or how ever long) and tell it to switch out the wallpaper. Then it closes and ask the phone for the same favor, over and over again.
  12.    #272  
    New version, v0.9.11

Photos are now scaled so they don't look stretched.

However I could not find anyway to query the image to determine the actual size, and scale appropriately. So I did a trick: If the path includes "DCIM" it knows it is a photo, and so it scales those at 32%, which works for both horizontal and vertical images. I would have done different scaling for horizontal and vertical images, but I have no way of knowing which are which.

It looks a ton better than it did before on photos, even though sometimes the cropping is not ideal. Perhaps in the future when more of this stuff is documented, I can determine a better way to do what I am doing.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    very nice! donated. (nice to have the PayPal link right there -- everyone should.)
  14.    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    very nice! donated. (nice to have the PayPal link right there -- everyone should.)
    Thanks!
    Not sure what is going in this version. Looks like the pic is zoomed in on about 300%. If I have a full pic of my daughter it is so zoomed in that all I see is her foot.
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Not sure what is going in this version. Looks like the pic is zoomed in on about 300%. If I have a full pic of my daughter it is so zoomed in that all I see is her foot.
    It should only do the zooming on the images in "DCIM". And the reason it does that is I could not find any method for determining if the images were horizontal or vertical.

Are the images you are talking about in there?
    I use ALL IMAGES switching and I have about 10 albums that I transfered from my PC. The last version showed them a little streched but worked great and now it zooms in so far that I can not tell what the pic is.
    I have the same stretching problem...I have some pictures that zooms in like 300% even though they were already cropped to the right proportion... And then I have others that are showing with a black "frame" around them even though they were also already cropped the photo to be a 4x6 size, but it was under the resolution of the pre...so before, where this problem was working GREAT, not it either zooms in on the photo or zooms out on the photo. Note that I am using the standard 'wallpapers' album for this.

is there any way to either get a prior version of this program to reinstall, or add a setting to "allow zooming" so this can be disabled?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    One request.....any way you can add the version # in the drop down about part? Using file coaster, its really hard to see what version I have and match it to your latest release.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    One request.....any way you can add the version # in the drop down about part? Using file coaster, its really hard to see what version I have and match it to your latest release.
    a good tip... When you are in the laucher, click the top left to go to the menu and select List Apps. From there, you can see version #s of all your apps.