Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Version 1.2.0 and above will fix the issue with webOS 1.4. Palm is very backed up just now so I'm not sure when they will get the next version reviewed! I'm very sorry for the delay.
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    --
    Last edited by WhoAmI; 03/05/2010 at 06:38 AM.
    --WhoAmI--

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    If this App is no longer offered or updated (which is sad), why do we still have it in the App catalog and on the website.

Personally I would love to be able to run/download this as a working app, but if there is some bad blood and it is not available, then why dont we remove it?
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    If this App is no longer offered or updated (which is sad), why do we still have it in the App catalog and on the website.

Personally I would love to be able to run/download this as a working app, but if there is some bad blood and it is not available, then why dont we remove it?
    Actually, the application has been updated! v1.3.1 was released into the App Catalog just last week. I decided to not punish everyone for the people that are rude so I fixed it up and am eagerly looking for feedback for future improvements!

In fact, Please review the app! If you like it, review it and say why! If you don't, please contact me directly when you leave a negative review so I can work with you to correct it (and hopefully encourage you to update your negative review into a positive one). Thanks!
    --WhoAmI--

I used to love this little program. Then the bad blood happened and someone got snippy. And there's a charge. I know, only 99 cents, but who's to say in the next OS it won't work again and the creator will again go all snippy with no updates; punishing all of us because of a "mood change" knee-jerk reaction? It's such a shame, really. I enjoyed this little program very much and my friends enjoyed getting a little pick-me-up every now and then.

Do creators of little pgms like this deserve to be paid? Absolutely. I've bought a few already. But not if we don't know if the program will work next Thursday (or whenever the next update may show up) and the creator is as unstable as this. I agree, the program and thread should be removed. It was much nicer when folks made programs because they enjoyed doing it.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    I used to love this little program. Then the bad blood happened and someone got snippy. And there's a charge. I know, only 99 cents, but who's to say in the next OS it won't work again and the creator will again go all snippy with no updates; punishing all of us because of a "mood change" knee-jerk reaction? It's such a shame, really. I enjoyed this little program very much and my friends enjoyed getting a little pick-me-up every now and then.

Do creators of little pgms like this deserve to be paid? Absolutely. I've bought a few already. But not if we don't know if the program will work next Thursday (or whenever the next update may show up) and the creator is as unstable as this. I agree, the program and thread should be removed. It was much nicer when folks made programs because they enjoyed doing it.

Have you tried developing a program and releasing it? I'm sure you're opinion would change drastically if you could! When you have Palm making last min changes (i.e. their last dev build!) that breaks an app with people that are...beyond rude to you, you may think twice about developing a $.99 app! People have no problem buying a pop for $1 - which they drink in a mater of minutes - but if they buy a program, the world better come with it!

I have done the best I can to keep up with Palm's changes - and I will continue to do so. But all programmers deserve a little more respect for their hard work. Profanities and out-right rudeness for a problem that wasn't theirs to begin with over a $.99 app is a little extreme don't you think?

At the very least, contact a programmer before flaming them. You might be surprised at the response! I think I can confidently say that every customer that has contacted me directly has been pleased. How about trying to get the other side of the story before you make accusations like this. If anything, you are a prime example of a customer I don't want to have.
    --WhoAmI--

This, unfortunately, would be a prime example of what I was just saying. How many programers do we have here? They ALL have to deal with the changes made in the OS. They all state they know there is a problem and work to correct it. I have yet to see ANY of them rant like this.

The big difference between having a right to whine as a programmer, and the right not to, is charging for your app. As I said, I have no problem with paying 99 cents for a nice little app like this. Unfortunately, you, as a developer, are too unreliable and too unstable to trust with even that. A simple, "Sorry, but the changes Palm made recently broke my app. I'll have it fixed as soon as I can." would have done nicely. As a free app, you can grump and complain all you want, take it down, kill it off, do whatever you want. However, when you have people paying, no matter what the charge, you now have a customer base to deal with and future customers looking at the stability of the "company" with which we invest. You get 10,000 folks to download your app, that's 10k in your pocket and a "screw you" to us.

As for profanities and out and out rudeness, we (as interested outside parties) don't know about them. And I can't see THAT many people, if any, who would resort to that over a 99 cent program. If they did, that's unfortunate, but should be accepted and properly ignored; not taken out on us, the rest of the customer base. The "rest of the story" was never provided to us other than the rude statements made by YOU on the apps page.

Getting "snippy" with ME has only proven my point about stability. I wasn't being mean in my post. If you read it carefully, you'll see how much I liked the program and appreciated the effort you put into it. I was pointing out my opinion of the recent nastiness and how it has affected my choice in aquiring the program again, as well as my opinion on what others should think about before they make Their choice. If you can't deal with it, don't.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I see no reason to argue with you or defend myself. Thanks for your rant though - it really was an enlightening read.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234