Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those too young to know what Simon is, its a very simple yet fun game where you just repeat the pattern. The board consists of 4 buttons and when you press them, they each make their own beep. You have to remember the pattern so it gets harder as the computer picks more moves. When you mess up, they all buzz and game over.

I have implemented all the drawing (html 5 baby!), highlighting, sounds, patterns, etc. It is fully playable. However, I have noticed there are times where (when sound is enabled) that it will "trip over itself". I am hoping that this is something where I am implementing it incorrectly vs webos just being bad handling audio. But I have done a bit of optimization and I am not sure what I can do to make it better.

Anyways, dont let that stand in your way of having fun. If anyone feels like hopping into the code (via 7zip) and taking a look at how im handling the audio to see if im doing something wrong, feel free.

I do plan on changing some stuff around though. Also I havent been able to find anything that stops the screen from scrolling. If anyone wants to give me the heads up, thanks in advance .

Enjoy!

ps
    if you find the sound annoying,you can disable the sound from the app menu.

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Simon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/13/2009 at 11:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Awesome - downloading now.

Very cool - works as expected and has a pretty good icon.

The only annoyance I noticed is that it seems to detect taps when you release your finger, rather then when you press it. It still seems to work though, even if you queue up a bunch of taps really quickly.
    Last edited by sam1am; 07/30/2009 at 01:42 PM.
    Haha, current leaderboard champ.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by duncdamonk View Post
    Haha, current leaderboard champ.
    your high score is local to you :P. while i havent put too much time into trying to get a highscore, my current highscore is 12 hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by tont0r View Post
    your high score is local to you :P. while i havent put too much time into trying to get a highscore, my current highscore is 12 hehe
    Oiy...

Well anyway, that would be a cool addition at some point
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by duncdamonk View Post
    Oiy...

Well anyway, that would be a cool addition at some point
    trust me. definitely on my to do list .
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have noticed some of the lag between the audio and actual color flashes, but its a really solid first release. Nice graphics, true sound effects, and even a high score board implemented already. Great work!

Can't wait to see this one grow.
    Oh sweet.. I have a little mini simon in my desk at work, now I can have one in my pocket!

Going to grab it right now!
    Thanks.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by redskyy View Post
    I have noticed some of the lag between the audio and actual color flashes, but its a really solid first release. Nice graphics, true sound effects, and even a high score board implemented already. Great work!

Can't wait to see this one grow.
    yeah...i am not sure if this is something that is common. The same thing happens with my other game that I did 5 or more (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...7-26-09-a.html) where it almost seems to trip over itself and quickly run to catch up. I know in the last web os update, they improved their javascript engine. hopefully they will continue to do so.

hope you enjoy it still though!
    Great Game!!!

As said before there is a lag time from the time when you press the button and the time it acknowleges the press. (It might alo be a tad too slow at the beginning but will not know until the lag can be fixed)

But don't ask me how to do anything. I have a hard time picking my nose by my self...

I am jellouis of all you HOMEBREWER'S

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

Other than that, this will be my favorite fast & easy game to play..

Thanks...
    Nice app..has little lag here and there..keep the updates coming
    This apps alot of fun.I know its early but have an idea that could improve the simon formula. How about a pressure mode when you have to input the pattern in a set amount of time. Or a mode where the sequence of a set length changes each round, and is revealed at a faster rate each round.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    This apps alot of fun.I know its early but have an idea that could improve the simon formula. How about a pressure mode when you have to input the pattern in a set amount of time. Or a mode where the sequence of a set length changes each round, and is revealed at a faster rate each round.
    Yes, i do recall (way back from childhood days), the further you would get, the faster things would go. I wanted to do that here but handling the audio is somewhat difficult at the moment. I can think of some possible hacks to accomplish this, but who knows. I would like to patch that up in the future.

but the idea of adding a sequence of changes vs one at a time sounds awesome . I would love to implement that idea! I'll jot that note down.

Thanks!
    http:/www.codeofdoom.com/wordpress

Five or More for the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi
    Great app...very fun and simple
    I keep getting an install error from FileCoaster. I guess I am alone. I will try to figure out why and reboot if I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I keep getting an install error from FileCoaster. I guess I am alone. I will try to figure out why and reboot if I have to.
    I downloaded using FileCoaster and no problem here..
    I rebooted and still no go. Did you package it for FileCoaster?
    Cool app. Would like to see it speed up to get more difficult as you go, like the real Simon game does. It was noticeably laggy on my phone. I'll reset and try again to see how it goes. Still fun though!

I installed mine via filecoaster with no problems.
    nice love it.. kinda laggy tho.. seems to be the case for most of the games in the homebrew section
    sounds like a cool app, hopefully in the app store by the end of the year?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast