Page 98 of 145 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.9.6
    -New advanced dialpad to allow for a user to click either phone or web dial for each outgoing call
    -Preference setting to enable advanced dialpad
    I don't know if you want it to act like this but I thought I would throw it out there as an option since I am a stickler for details. I figured that when you enabled the option to dial by web based or voicemail it would gray out the option to use web based dialing since you are doing it on a call by call basis. Actually, maybe have it collapse the option to always use web based dialing into it (I have no idea how else to describe it or what this scene is called). What I am talking about is shown in 1.3.1 under preferences of the messaging app. In that app if you select it not to show notifications, the sound options disappear.

Basically if you enable advanced dialpad, the use web based option disappears. Now it would keep whatever option you had selected stored so if you disable advanced dialpad, that option would be in the same position. Now obviously to work this way the advanced option would have to be directly above the use web based dialing option.

Hopefully this all makes sense and only incorporate it if you like it. I figured it potentially could even cut down on questions like "I have the use web based dial option selected but it is dialing through voicemail" when they don't realize they are pressing the left side of the dialpad. If you like this idea and any of this doesn't make sense I can generate some screen shots of what I mean. As always, keep up the great work.
    One other thing. I am assuming the icon that is the phone is voicemail dialing and the giant W is the web dial (I hate it when people assume but I haven't tested it yet so sorry). That being said, does it make sense that when selecting use web dial and the option is set to yes, the icon is the giant W? When it is no, the icon is how it is currently as the phone? Again, I think it helps avoid any type of confusion that people could have.

Also, if you do like these ideas, don't incorporate them at superhuman speed and send out an update because you probably will be chastised again for sending out too many updates. (Seriously kidding because I feel like almost all of your updates have added some amazingly valuable features.)
  3.    #1943  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    One other thing. I am assuming the icon that is the phone is voicemail dialing and the giant W is the web dial (I hate it when people assume but I haven't tested it yet so sorry). That being said, does it make sense that when selecting use web dial and the option is set to yes, the icon is the giant W? When it is no, the icon is how it is currently as the phone? Again, I think it helps avoid any type of confusion that people could have.

Also, if you do like these ideas, don't incorporate them at superhuman speed and send out an update because you probably will be chastised again for sending out too many updates. (Seriously kidding because I feel like almost all of your updates have added some amazingly valuable features.)
    I like this idea and the one above it. The only concern I have is that it only allows you to choose web or voicemail based dialing on the dial pad right now and so I still need some default for the other ways you can cause it to dial (callback in history, etc). Not sure whether users want to be prompted on those pages as well for how to dial out when this option is enabled.

Everyone who uses this option, please give me feedback on how it would best work. Also, I think the "W" is a bit ugly so I will probably get that fixed in a future version. I am open to what in your mind would trigger you to think webdial versus voicemail dial.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  4. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but here goes... gDial is my choice dialer on my Pre. I have certain numbers which I prefer to dial without using Google Voice, which causes me to launch the Pre's default dialer to do so. Just as we now have an option to use phone or web dialer, I would like to see an option to dial without Google Voice for those rare occasions.

Thank you!
    I like the idea of the ability to chose which way to dial, but does this apply to our "favorites" or are those always set to what we set as default?

If you don't like the "W" you currently have, how about changing it to the same font "G" as google or to "GV"
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    This sounds like shake to erase which you can disable in the preferences. It must be sensing the movement or something and thinking it was a shake.
    I don't see this in the Preferences.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  7.    #1947  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    I don't see this in the Preferences.
    Click the show advanced button and you will see it down below.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am having some trouble with preferences. I am on the latest version. The Google Voice number the is automatically set is always taking from a wrong number I first put in. I have changed the Google Voice Login where I put my GV number to the correct one, but it does not change the automatic one. I have delete gDial with no luck it comes up with the same number. I have done a soft reset and it still comes up with the wrong number. I have tried everything except a complete reinstall of the OS. Can you help?
  9.    #1949  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    I am having some trouble with preferences. I am on the latest version. The Google Voice number the is automatically set is always taking from a wrong number I first put in. I have changed the Google Voice Login where I put my GV number to the correct one, but it does not change the automatic one. I have delete gDial with no luck it comes up with the same number. I have done a soft reset and it still comes up with the wrong number. I have tried everything except a complete reinstall of the OS. Can you help?
    I am not understanding I think. It should be grabbing the Google Voice number from your account based on the login/pass you enter in preferences.

Did you move to a new Google Voice account and it is picking up the old number or are you saying that it picks up some random number in the Google Voice part?

That field doesn't allow for you to enter data since it is picked up automatically from Google.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Hmm just updated to .9.6 and am getting the webdialed failed. The previous version it was working (just installed over it) I've verified and reinput my login settings. I'll keep playing with it, is it just me?
    I am interested in seeing if anyone has any issues after upgrading to 1.3.1. That is what I have been developing against for the past week or so. No real changes in there related to gDial Pro just yet other than it breaks the favorites pictures for people using gDial Pro from the app catalog. (This is to be fixed shortly though)
    My web-based dial is not working. I made sure the password, username, and the correct number that is associated to the account.

I even reinstalled, i cannot get it to work? Is this a problem with the new update?
  12.    #1952  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post
    My web-based dial is not working. I made sure the password, username, and the correct number that is associated to the account.

I even reinstalled, i cannot get it to work? Is this a problem with the new update?
    Are you running 0.9.6 as well? Do any previous versions work for you?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #1953  
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyricky View Post

Actually, are you getting a webdial failure, or do you just not receive the call?

I did seem some issues this morning with Google Voice itself not making the callbacks like it was supposed to. But that even happened when I went to their site and initiated the call.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Actually, are you getting a webdial failure, or do you just not receive the call?

I did seem some issues this morning with Google Voice itself not making the callbacks like it was supposed to. But that even happened when I went to their site and initiated the call.
    I'm getting the web dial failure message in the app when I try to dial out using 0.9.6. Confirmed this behavior with 2 pres in the house that were working fine with 0.9.5.

If I use the google voice site to initiate the calls, it works fine.
    i am getting the web dial failed message
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    So I entered the wrong number when I first set up. I had to WebOSDocter my pre and that is why I reinstalling. Since then I have had problems with web dial.

I notice that the wrong number I originally entered in as my GV number is always showing up in the automated field just below. I have tried to change my GV number in the preference, but the automated number below is not changing and is staying as the same wrong number I entered in.

Is that better?
  17.    #1957  
    Okay, for those with webdial failed, is that only when using the new advanced dialpad? Or does it happen even with the advanced dialpad disabled and webdial set to on?
    Become a fan on Facebook
  18.    #1958  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    So I entered the wrong number when I first set up. I had to WebOSDocter my pre and that is why I reinstalling. Since then I have had problems with web dial.

I notice that the wrong number I originally entered in as my GV number is always showing up in the automated field just below. I have tried to change my GV number in the preference, but the automated number below is not changing and is staying as the same wrong number I entered in.

Is that better?
    Yeah, I will take a look at the code in the morning as it may not reload the number like it should each time it logs in.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Okay, for those with webdial failed, is that only when using the new advanced dialpad? Or does it happen even with the advanced dialpad disabled and webdial set to on?
    happens even with advanced dialpad off and webdial on.
    It is with the advanced dialpad disabled. On one pre I never even attempted to enable the advanced dialpad and got webdail failed.