Page 97 of 145 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    ...and I'm out of sprint/cell-data range, 'cause I'm in the UK for a trip. I won't be using my Pre for any phone calls, of course, but gDial Pro and GV let me at least keep a line open for receiving vms and sending/receiving text messages when I find free wifi hotspots...
    That's the coolest thing ever.
  2.    #1922  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Can you use more than one Google Voice number with this app?
    Unfortunately, not. Google Voice restricts itself to only allow your cell phone to be associated with a single Google Voice account at this time.

I know a lot of us would like to use multiple accounts for personal/business, but GV doesn't let us just yet although I would think this is something that they remove at some point going forward.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    flpalm,

For the next release of GDial Pro, could you consider adding the feature of Google Voice toggle? Essentially, it's a way to toggle where your GV number rings (as per the Google Voice android app). Thanks!

Here is more info.
    New Google Voice App Vs. GV Android And Me Forums
    Toggle Google Voice - Google Search
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  4.    #1924  
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    flpalm,

For the next release of GDial Pro, could you consider adding the feature of Google Voice toggle? Essentially, it's a way to toggle where your GV number rings (as per the Google Voice android app). Thanks!

Here is more info.
    New Google Voice App Vs. GV Android And Me Forums
    Toggle Google Voice - Google Search
    I read through both of these and I am not clear which feature you are talking about as in one article the Toggle switches whether to use Google Voice for outgoing and the other one has it change whether the caller ID on incoming shows your Google Voice number or the caller's number.

Just let me know what exactly you want it to do and I can put it on my feature request list, thanks.
    Last edited by flpalm; 11/16/2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I read through both of these and I am not clear which feature you are talking about as in one article the Toggle switches whether to use Google Voice for outgoing and the other one has it change whether the caller ID on incoming shows your Google Voice number or the caller's number.

Just let me know what exactly you want it to do and I can put it on my feature request list, thanks.
    I didn't read the article yet, but based on the request it sounds like he would like a feature in gDial that lets you choose whether the number you're dialing will ring on your cell, home, work or alternate phone. I guess similar to how you dial from the GV website.
    Follow Me On

I have a google voice number but don't use it. When I tried using it before, people were always sent to a menu when calling me. It made the product worthless imo. I dont understand why everyone is in love with google voice. What advantages are there to it other than having a different number?

I feel like I'm missing out on something really cool and I don't know what it is. lol

Could you please make a case for why I should be using Google Voice?

Thanks

Travis
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_trail View Post
    I have a google voice number but don't use it. When I tried using it before, people were always sent to a menu when calling me. It made the product worthless imo. I dont understand why everyone is in love with google voice. What advantages are there to it other than having a different number?

I feel like I'm missing out on something really cool and I don't know what it is. lol

Could you please make a case for why I should be using Google Voice?

Thanks

Travis
    you can take that off in google voice settings and you can also create your own voicemail so the google voicemail lady don't come up. So basically noone would know you got a google voice
    Since filecoaster is down, how are you guys downloading the newest version?
  9.    #1929  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Since filecoaster is down, how are you guys downloading the newest version?
    Preware

Index of /
    Become a fan on Facebook
    When I dial my work number from gDial...why is it ringing my Cell Phone? I want it to ring at my desk.

I had a co-worker dial my number (outside line) and it went to my phone and not my cell phone. I want it that way. Why is my gDial number picking up my work number?

I'm confused as to how this all works. I do not want this program answering calls for my actual cell/work numbers.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    That's due to your google voice settings, not this app.
    Hmm...I don't recall putting my work number on those forms, but maybe I'm wrong. Do you know where this would be?

Also, if that was the case, why wouldn't it ring on my phone when my co-workers call? Still a little confused.

EDIT: I deleted contacts for myself within my Google account and that fixed the issue.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    You'll have to look at your google voice settings

https://www.google.com/voice#phones
  14.    #1934  
    v0.9.6
    -New advanced dialpad to allow for a user to click either phone or web dial for each outgoing call
    -Preference setting to enable advanced dialpad
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been covered in the 49 pages, and it'll be hell trying to find it, so I'm gonna post it here.

I think I may have found a bug (or 'feature'). Everytime I use Gdial Pro to reply to a text sent to my Google Voice #, lets say I click the icon to the far right to reply to it. The number (instead of the name) populates in the top field (instead of the name for some reason), and I start typing my reply. Randomly for some reason, sometimes after about 45 seconds, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, both fields are cleared when I glance back at the screen, and I have to do the back gesture and click reply again to put the number back, AND I have to type out my reply again. This is VERY annoying.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
  16.    #1936  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered in the 49 pages, and it'll be hell trying to find it, so I'm gonna post it here.

I think I may have found a bug (or 'feature'). Everytime I use Gdial Pro to reply to a text sent to my Google Voice #, lets say I click the icon to the far right to reply to it. The number (instead of the name) populates in the top field (instead of the name for some reason), and I start typing my reply. Randomly for some reason, sometimes after about 45 seconds, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, both fields are cleared when I glance back at the screen, and I have to do the back gesture and click reply again to put the number back, AND I have to type out my reply again. This is VERY annoying.
    This sounds like shake to erase which you can disable in the preferences. It must be sensing the movement or something and thinking it was a shake.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    v0.9.6
    -New advanced dialpad to allow for a user to click either phone or web dial for each outgoing call
    -Preference setting to enable advanced dialpad
    Can you explain how this is suppose to work?
    I have "Use web based dial" turned off and when I select a favorite to call the system logs into my account and then dials the number. Seems to work, but it is a bit slow and does it have to show the GVoice # or could it use the other # assigned?

Thanks for the app.
    Ignore this.
    Last edited by kitua; 11/17/2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Ignore this.
    Last edited by kitua; 11/17/2009 at 01:06 PM.
  20.    #1940  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitua View Post
    The User Web Dial switch is on but I still get "Web Dial Failed" error message.
    It probably does have the wrong username and password then. I would recommend re-typing in your username and password just in case.
    Become a fan on Facebook