Page 96 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4686919293949596979899100101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Right. That's what I thought too. But whenever I get a call back from Google Voice my headset even rings and when I pick up, the headset stays quiet, only the phone works.
    With regular numbers that doesn't happen...
    9.5 works great!! Your awesome! Thanks
  3.    #1903  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemens749 View Post
    Right. That's what I thought too. But whenever I get a call back from Google Voice my headset even rings and when I pick up, the headset stays quiet, only the phone works.
    With regular numbers that doesn't happen...
    Now that is odd. I use gDial Pro in my car with bluetooth and the calls incoming work fine. Maybe someone else had a similar issue and can help troubleshoot. At the point the call comes in, gDial isn't even notified. It is solely the phone app that rings the phone, lets you talk, etc.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    i need help: when i try and dial a number i get the error message "webdial failed" and the phone will not dial the number. any suggestions?
    Probly because you didn't put your cell phone number associated with GV in the appropriate box under "GV LOGIN". You probly listed your GV # twice, which is causing the error.

At least that's what my problem was.
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    9.5 works great!! Your awesome! Thanks
    Confirmed I had the same issue, and it is fixed with latest update (0.9.5).
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Probly because you didn't put your cell phone number associated with GV in the appropriate box under "GV LOGIN". You probly listed your GV # twice, which is causing the error.

At least that's what my problem was.
    That's the ticket! thanks!
    I got version 9.4 and the last screen I was on before I closed gdial was favorites now everytime I open up the app it shows a blank screen with favorites at the top but I can't do anything.

Edit: Nevermind it works in 1.3.1 now
    Last edited by OneDeep; 11/14/2009 at 01:47 PM.
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I got version 9.4 and the last screen I was on before I closed gdial was favorites now everytime I open up the app it shows a blank screen with favorites at the top but I can't do anything.
    Will we ever be able to have the ability to put a name with the favorite numbers? That would help a LOT for me. I have numbers in my favs that I don't have nor do I want in my Google contacts. For me that would be the only thing missing.

Thanks for the great app.
    fpalm, I have been playing with where the listen would seem more user friendly what are your thoughts on this. This is a screen shot of what I think would make it easier for the user to play voicemail.

I really like how you are able to listen to the voicemail, once it comes through the headset that will be perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    This combined with the speed issues of recent releases have forced me to move to another app begrudgingly. Let me know if there are any update to address this or other solutions.
    Are you talking about lagginess while scrolling and it's checking history? This slows down other apps as well.
    Hi,

I happen to be out of network and data coverage, but I have wifi available.

Is gDial Pro able to use WiFi for it's data needs?

When I click the Listen button for a voicemail, the spinner spins as if it's downloading, but the spinner never goes away.

I tried this with 0.9.4 just now, then upgraded to 0.9.5 and tried again. Same behavior... I've been able to listen to the same voicemail when in Sprint/cell-data coverage.

Is there something else I could try?

Thanks!
    gDial Pro doesn't depend on any specific network connection.
  13.    #1913  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hi,

I happen to be out of network and data coverage, but I have wifi available.

Is gDial Pro able to use WiFi for it's data needs?

When I click the Listen button for a voicemail, the spinner spins as if it's downloading, but the spinner never goes away.

I tried this with 0.9.4 just now, then upgraded to 0.9.5 and tried again. Same behavior... I've been able to listen to the same voicemail when in Sprint/cell-data coverage.

Is there something else I could try?

Thanks!
    Yeah, not sure why it wouldn't work for you as it just downloads the voicemail over whatever network connection you have available.

Without cell service you won't be able to make calls, but everything else should work fine as it sends SMS, updates history, etc over whatever available network is present.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14.    #1914  
    I am interested in seeing if anyone has any issues after upgrading to 1.3.1. That is what I have been developing against for the past week or so. No real changes in there related to gDial Pro just yet other than it breaks the favorites pictures for people using gDial Pro from the app catalog. (This is to be fixed shortly though)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Yeah, not sure why it wouldn't work for you as it just downloads the voicemail over whatever network connection you have available.

Without cell service you won't be able to make calls, but everything else should work fine as it sends SMS, updates history, etc over whatever available network is present.
    Hm, I left the phone alone for a few hours, then tried again to listen to GV voicemails. These times, it worked. I can't think of what might be different or what I might have changed, but for now, all seems well on the wifi for listening to voicemail front.

...and I'm out of sprint/cell-data range, 'cause I'm in the UK for a trip. I won't be using my Pre for any phone calls, of course, but gDial Pro and GV let me at least keep a line open for receiving vms and sending/receiving text messages when I find free wifi hotspots...

:-)
    It works fine for me.
    Can you use more than one Google Voice number with this app?
    You would probably have to log out and then log back in with the new number. I was thinking the same thing but thought that it would be too confusing to use the same app for two different numbers. I might get confused sometimes.
    Please address this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    Will we ever be able to have the ability to put a name with the favorite numbers? That would help a LOT for me. I have numbers in my favs that I don't have nor do I want in my Google contacts. For me that would be the only thing missing.

Thanks for the great app.
    Hey All you fixed the problem with 9.5 and it was not posted on the forums. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwbintpa View Post
    Please address this issue.