Page 95 of 145 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1881  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    Is there any way to go back to 9.3? I updated to 9.4 & now all I get is a blank favorites page & I can't do anything else, not even the drop down menu will work. I deleted it, rebooted & reinstalled it, same result. I can use the catalog app just fine but I enjoyed the homebrew app better & the 9.3 worked fine, HELP, please
    What version of webOS are you running? In 1.2 and above you should be able to delete the app and it deletes all of its settings, etc so a fresh reinstall should not load favorites.

Also, here is a link to an archive of old versions, please let me know which one starts working for you if 0.9.4 doesn't work still on reinstall.

Archived gDial Pro Versions
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  2.    #1882  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundGuyAndy View Post
    Very cool, thanks! To throw a feature request out there, having no idea the viability of it, is there any way to get some fashion of push notifications instead of timed? I'm not sure if the Google APIs directly provide for that, but I can think of a few possible workarounds if not:

-Check automatically at a certain period of time past missed calls, and when reacquiring signal after being off or in a no signal area

-Somehow tie in to SMS or mail app to intercept the Google Voice notification messages? Not sure if this is possible on the Pre, I know I've had apps on BlackBerry that do this, as well as on the Treo, where they'd look out for a certain e-mail or a certain keyword in the e-mail or sms, and then use that as the trigger to sync, and delete the e-mail or sms before the device notified you about it

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for a great program,
    Andy
    Yeah, I am investigating push notification in some way. Right now Palm does not provide access to notifications on new SMS, etc but there may be some way to work around it.

You can also set gDial Pro to check every 5 minutes in preferences, which is not ideal, but a decent tradeoff between battery usage and realtime for SMS.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  3.    #1883  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Before I could switch the top toggle button (on the pre) to silent a voicemail [if] I didn't want everyone to hear the message. Now a full backswipe does the trick however its not as fast as the toggle switch was.

I don't mind listening to my voice mails out loud however, I can only assume I'll want to stop them more quickly than a back swipe does in the future.

Can you make the voice mail play in silent mode an option? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I will probably add in to have the play button turn to stop while voicemail is playing in the next version or so. Would that solve it for you so you could just click stop when you don't want others to hear it?
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Before I could switch the top toggle button (on the pre) to silent a voicemail [if] I didn't want everyone to hear the message. Now a full backswipe does the trick however its not as fast as the toggle switch was.

I don't mind listening to my voice mails out loud however, I can only assume I'll want to stop them more quickly than a back swipe does in the future.

Can you make the voice mail play in silent mode an option? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.
    +1 for voicemail play in silent as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    I will probably add in to have the play button turn to stop while voicemail is playing in the next version or so. Would that solve it for you so you could just click stop when you don't want others to hear it?
    I think I would still like it to be an option so you don't accidentally play it when you don't want it to.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 11/13/2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: response added
    flpalm:

Also, since you have been such a meticulous developer with this program, I figured I would mention a slight bug that I have noticed that can be consistently reproduced. If you don't mind it then I don't. I originally posted about here.

Basically it is when you have the app open and you receive a notification from gDial. The little icon shows up on the bottom of the screen. Then if you receive another notification, email for example, it also shows up in the bottom. Then I take gDial and put it into card view by swiping up or pressing the button. The two notifications are still at the bottom. If I click on the email notification it brings up my email app and dismisses the fact that there is an email notification. So, now I have my email app open and on the screen, gDial open in the background, and the little gDial notification at the bottom. From the email app, if I click on the gDial notification it takes me to gDial but the bottom navigation bar is raised up like there is still a small icon at the bottom of the screen. It's like the scene doesn't check if there is a notification again before it brings up that navigation bar. I have posted a screenshot of what I meant in the linked post.

Ultimately, it is not a big deal at all I only mention it in case you want to fix it. Also, since you normally respond to everything in this forum freakishly fast and I didn't see my original post responded to, I thought I would bring it up again. Thanks for your unparalleled continued development work.
    I had to convert back to 0.9.3 as I was having the same problem with my Pre as becrazy2 was having with his(On program start up goes to blank favorites screen and will not let you move anywhere else in the program. I tried de-install and reinstall using webos quick install and it did not fix the problem so I converted back to 0.9.3 with no issues.

What version of webOS are you running? In 1.2 and above you should be able to delete the app and it deletes all of its settings, etc so a fresh reinstall should not load favorites.

Also, here is a link to an archive of old versions, please let me know which one starts working for you if 0.9.4 doesn't work still on reinstall.

Archived gDial Pro Versions
    i need help: when i try and dial a number i get the error message "webdial failed" and the phone will not dial the number. any suggestions?
    I'm running WEB OS Quickintall 2.72 and it removed G Dial pro but when I reinstalled 9.4, I still had the same issue.
    Dialpad scene cosmetics:
    Noticed the dialpad on v0.9.4 is slid over to the left and no longer centered.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #1890  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    flpalm:

Also, since you have been such a meticulous developer with this program, I figured I would mention a slight bug that I have noticed that can be consistently reproduced. If you don't mind it then I don't. I originally posted about here.

Basically it is when you have the app open and you receive a notification from gDial. The little icon shows up on the bottom of the screen. Then if you receive another notification, email for example, it also shows up in the bottom. Then I take gDial and put it into card view by swiping up or pressing the button. The two notifications are still at the bottom. If I click on the email notification it brings up my email app and dismisses the fact that there is an email notification. So, now I have my email app open and on the screen, gDial open in the background, and the little gDial notification at the bottom. From the email app, if I click on the gDial notification it takes me to gDial but the bottom navigation bar is raised up like there is still a small icon at the bottom of the screen. It's like the scene doesn't check if there is a notification again before it brings up that navigation bar. I have posted a screenshot of what I meant in the linked post.

Ultimately, it is not a big deal at all I only mention it in case you want to fix it. Also, since you normally respond to everything in this forum freakishly fast and I didn't see my original post responded to, I thought I would bring it up again. Thanks for your unparalleled continued development work.
    I appreciate you bringing this back to my attention as I actually think I missed the original post somehow.

I will look into it, but it is possible it is a webOS bug since I don't really position the bottom menu. I just add code that says here are the items to put in a bottom menu and webOS positions everything.

It is possible something in gDial causes an exception or something though which messes up webOS repositioning it so I will replicate in debug mode to see if I am generating any errors or weirdness.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  11.    #1891  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbintpa View Post
    I had to convert back to 0.9.3 as I was having the same problem with my Pre as becrazy2 was having with his(On program start up goes to blank favorites screen and will not let you move anywhere else in the program. I tried de-install and reinstall using webos quick install and it did not fix the problem so I converted back to 0.9.3 with no issues.
    Okay, I will try to go back through this scenario and see how that might happen to fix it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Yes and no...

I'd imagine a button would be just as fast as swiping backwards... meaning there is about a 1-2 second delay before the messages stops playing.

Before the absolute instance you switched the silent toggle (on top of the pre) the message would stop playing. Hence, I think it would be best to just allow an option for it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I appreciate you bringing this back to my attention as I actually think I missed the original post somehow.

I will look into it, but it is possible it is a webOS bug since I don't really position the bottom menu. I just add code that says here are the items to put in a bottom menu and webOS positions everything.

It is possible something in gDial causes an exception or something though which messes up webOS repositioning it so I will replicate in debug mode to see if I am generating any errors or weirdness.
    Sweet. May have found a webos bug then. Is there a place to report those?
    I'm running wesOs 1.2.1, preware 0.9.7 & I was had updated to gdail9.4 when the problem started. It did not load my favorites, it loaded a blank screen with the name favorites on top only. Nothing would work & I was unable to change to any other screen in gdail, only that screen was available but I couldn't even add my favorites. 9.3 worked perfectly for me & so does the catalog app. Hopefully it can be fixed or even figured out why it happened to just me & jwbintpa. (By the way, jwbintpa, I'm a girl). Thanks, for all your work & quick responses!!
    I am having the same issue as jwbintpa and becrazy2. I assume it has to do with the new feature to open on the last screen/scene used. When I closed gDial on my Favorites page and re-open, it just sits there. I have not uninstalled and reinstalled, but will try that next.

BTW, I love this app! Kudos to flpalm. This combined with Sprint's new conditional call forwarding is saweet. I am in Google Voice nerdvana.
  16.    #1896  
    v0.9.5
    -Fix for favorites scene issue
    -Recentered dialpad
    Become a fan on Facebook
  17.    #1897  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdavidclark View Post
    I am having the same issue as jwbintpa and becrazy2. I assume it has to do with the new feature to open on the last screen/scene used. When I closed gDial on my Favorites page and re-open, it just sits there. I have not uninstalled and reinstalled, but will try that next.

BTW, I love this app! Kudos to flpalm. This combined with Sprint's new conditional call forwarding is saweet. I am in Google Voice nerdvana.
    Grab the new update and let me know if that fixes it for you. Couldn't have it broken for everyone over the weekend.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Grab the new update and let me know if that fixes it for you. Couldn't have it broken for everyone over the weekend.
    Dude, you are ridiculous. You sure you aren't a computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemens749 View Post
    Fantastic App!!! One question though: Does Gdial pro work with your headsets? My BT headset works fine with the native pre dialer but when using gdial pro pro it doesn't. Thanks for your input
    Am i missing something? I searched this whole thread for 'bluetooth' or 'headset' and the only results where other people with the same problem but no solution. I want to use Gdial Pro in my car and don't seem to be getting the headset to work with it. I can't imagine it has not been discussed before. Is there possibly any thread you could point me too? Thank you so much!
  20.    #1900  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemens749 View Post
    Am i missing something? I searched this whole thread for 'bluetooth' or 'headset' and the only results where other people with the same problem but no solution. I want to use Gdial Pro in my car and don't seem to be getting the headset to work with it. I can't imagine it has not been discussed before. Is there possibly any thread you could point me too? Thank you so much!
    In what way do you want it to work with your headset? Once you dial in gDial Pro, it uses the native phone app, so talking to other people through your headset should work fine.
    Become a fan on Facebook