Page 94 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    All of you having problems, it works at least for me when I go to the middle button (which lists missed calls, choose voicemails, then click the listen button on those. Hopefully that'll work for you too.
    Well I feel like a dork -never tried that button (and it works)! Except, the voice mails play on the speaker -is there a way to have them play on the earpiece instead?

Thanks!
    Can I add another vote for trying to figure out a way to get it to play through the earpiece? Privacy and all that. Wish I didn't need it, but the G-Voice transcriptions are still laughably useless most of the time, so....
    Fantastic App!!! One question though: Does Gdial pro work with your headsets? My BT headset wortks fine with the native pre dialer but when using dial pro it doesn't. Thanks for your input
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    All of you having problems, it works at least for me when I go to the middle button (which lists missed calls, choose voicemails, then click the listen button on those. Hopefully that'll work for you too.
    Just out of curiosity, what were you clicking before? What you describe is the expected use pattern for listening to voicemails, so maybe I can find out what you had been doing in order to clarify in the program how to make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout Lisa View Post
    Well I feel like a dork -never tried that button (and it works)! Except, the voice mails play on the speaker -is there a way to have them play on the earpiece instead?
    As dirtygreek and Lookout Lisa both learned to their chagrin, it turns out that I totally just overlooked the presence of the Listen button in the Voicemail detail scene. Like dirtygreek, I was trying to hit the "play" link in the in-app browser view of Google Voice.

Also, tho, even if I'd noticed and remembered the button, since I have the ringer switch set to silent most of the time, I'd have missed hearing it, and might have concluded that the Listen button doesn't work.

For flpalm--as a UI guy, I have a few suggestions off the top of my head (i.e., I haven't totally thought these through) for things to try that might alleviate these issues:
    1. Move the Listen button higher in the scene. Maybe as a peer to the groups "Contact" and "Transcription". Certainly since the Transcriptions are rather more miss than hit at this point, listening to the vmail seems more likely than just reading the transcription, so it would make sense for the default action to be higher. And since the nothing in the contact box is actionable, it might make sense to put the Listen button at the top.
    2. You might consider also putting a Listen button at the level of the list of voicemails/All history items.
    3. The voicemail icon kind of looks like a button. If users click it and learn that it's not clickable, they may conclude that there's no way to listen to vmails and not even try to look for another button at the bottom of a screen that they'd have to scroll to.
    4. It may help to rename the Listen button to "Play in Speaker" so users don't expect it to come out of the earpiece.
    5. Perhaps upon hitting the button, we could get a progress bar showing how far along through the vmail we are. Aside from the obvious info, it would also convey to users that "the app is playing the vmail *right now*, and you should be able to hear it." There could be a title for the progress bar saying something like "Playing voicemail through speaker (1:37)". Another really good widget to have at this point would be a stop button to stop playback. Always nice to give users the ability to stop things whenever they want in case they change their mind about listening.
  5.    #1865  
    Shadowhawk, thanks for the input. I put it on my todo list for the app to evaluate.

As for playing through the earpiece, I haven't found a way to do that yet with the Palm API's. All of the sound playing seems to come through the speaker regardless of the type you set it as. I will continue to look for this and should I run into it, I will definitely switch it to play through the earpiece as I am right there with you on the privacy aspect of it.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
  6.    #1866  
    v0.9.4
    -Now plays the voicemail even when in silent mode
    -Speed optimizations
    -Reopens to the last view you were looking at for those of you just wanting visual voicemail
    Become a fan on Facebook
    v0.9.4
    -Speed optimizations
    -Reopens to the last view you were looking at for those of you just wanting visual voicemail
    I'm stille xperiencing some lag/slowdown whenever the program refreshes the history, and it's especially noticable when scrolling through the list. However, when it's not checking anything, the speed is MUCH better than before. And thanks for your hard work and quick updates again, the program gets better every week! :-)
    I have one MAJOR problem which I did not have before. When I have a number of phone numbers for a contact (7 or 8), I am unable to select the appropriate contact to add as a favorite. This happens to three of my most popular contacts (all of whom have multiple residences etc.) I have tried to rework the order of the phone numbers in Google and sync so that I could get them in the right place but it is a much more daunting task than you can imagine.

This combined with the speed issues of recent releases have forced me to move to another app begrudgingly. Let me know if there are any update to address this or other solutions.

Nice work overall - I am happy to pay for it if I can get it where it works faster and can add any of the phone numbers in a contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I think I found the issue for those getting the error webdial failed. In the preferences under Google Voice Login where it asks for cell phone, I was initially putting in my GV number.

Changed this to my cell phone and seems to work now.
    AWESOME!! I was just about to ask why I was getting the "webdial failed" error, but decided to search this 47 pg thread first.

Tricky, tricky. I just updated and the new version's text field says "Your cell phone number", but I'm not sure if the older version I was on said that. Think it just said "Your phone number" or something... but prolly not and I just can't read good.

Either way, it works! GREAT app, flpalm. Can't wait to scrape up some money for a donation in the near future. I'm going broke as it is... but it's worth it!!
    This is my most used app by far, thanks flpalm for the constant updates and improvements. I need to get around to making a donation. Using this on 2 phones at the moment with great results.
    Is there any way to go back to 9.3? I updated to 9.4 & now all I get is a blank favorites page & I can't do anything else, not even the drop down menu will work. I deleted it, rebooted & reinstalled it, same result. I can use the catalog app just fine but I enjoyed the homebrew app better & the 9.3 worked fine, HELP, please
    Am I doing something wrong? When I dial out using gDial Pro, it still opens up the default phone app and dials in to me.

Does the current version allow dialing out through gDial, or is this normal?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? When I dial out using gDial Pro, it still opens up the default phone app and dials in to me.

Does the current version allow dialing out through gDial, or is this normal?
    You've gotta go into the Prefs and select "enable webdialing" or something like that.
    v0.9.4
    -Speed optimizations
    Very cool, thanks! To throw a feature request out there, having no idea the viability of it, is there any way to get some fashion of push notifications instead of timed? I'm not sure if the Google APIs directly provide for that, but I can think of a few possible workarounds if not:

-Check automatically at a certain period of time past missed calls, and when reacquiring signal after being off or in a no signal area

-Somehow tie in to SMS or mail app to intercept the Google Voice notification messages? Not sure if this is possible on the Pre, I know I've had apps on BlackBerry that do this, as well as on the Treo, where they'd look out for a certain e-mail or a certain keyword in the e-mail or sms, and then use that as the trigger to sync, and delete the e-mail or sms before the device notified you about it

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for a great program,
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You've gotta go into the Prefs and select "enable webdialing" or something like that.
    I have webdialing enabled, with no luck.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Hey, I'm having the same issue as becrazy2. It stated happening right after I downloaded 9.4. Please help.

Is there any way to go back to 9.3? I updated to 9.4 & now all I get is a blank favorites page & I can't do anything else, not even the drop down menu will work. I deleted it, rebooted & reinstalled it, same result. I can use the catalog app just fine but I enjoyed the homebrew app better & the 9.3 worked fine, HELP, please
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    1. Move the Listen button higher in the scene. Maybe as a peer to the groups "Contact" and "Transcription". Certainly since the Transcriptions are rather more miss than hit at this point, listening to the vmail seems more likely than just reading the transcription, so it would make sense for the default action to be higher. And since the nothing in the contact box is actionable, it might make sense to put the Listen button at the top.
    Actually I like this idea, the listen button would be more prominent. I have also clicked the little blue icon and wondered why it wouldn't play. This app sure has came a long way in a short time. Keep up the great work.
    v0.9.4
    l
    Before I could switch the top toggle button (on the pre) to silent a voicemail [if] I didn't want everyone to hear the message. Now a full backswipe does the trick however its not as fast as the toggle switch was.

I don't mind listening to my voice mails out loud however, I can only assume I'll want to stop them more quickly than a back swipe does in the future.

Can you make the voice mail play in silent mode an option? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Is it still ok to just add this from the homebrew rather than the app store from Palm?
  20.    #1880  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I have one MAJOR problem which I did not have before. When I have a number of phone numbers for a contact (7 or 8), I am unable to select the appropriate contact to add as a favorite. This happens to three of my most popular contacts (all of whom have multiple residences etc.) I have tried to rework the order of the phone numbers in Google and sync so that I could get them in the right place but it is a much more daunting task than you can imagine.

This combined with the speed issues of recent releases have forced me to move to another app begrudgingly. Let me know if there are any update to address this or other solutions.

Nice work overall - I am happy to pay for it if I can get it where it works faster and can add any of the phone numbers in a contact.
    What are the speed issues that you mention?
    Become a fan on Facebook