Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2893
Like Tree1Likes
    Clicking literally does nothing - doesn't even open the streaming application. Should it open something to play in, I assume, or should it natively play in the gdial app?
    hi all. couple of questions:
    1. when will the forwarding with no charge will start at sprint?
    2. when listening to voice mail thru gdial, i hear it thru the speaker.thats the way it should be?
    3. when listening to GV voicemail thru gdial, am i being charged for minuets against my plan?
    4. on gdial, what does web dial mean, in prefrances?

thank you for your time.
  3.    #1843  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Clicking literally does nothing - doesn't even open the streaming application. Should it open something to play in, I assume, or should it natively play in the gdial app?
    Normally a spinner would come up in gDial Pro while it downloads the audio file and then it will go away and it will play the voicemail through the speaker of the Pre within the gDial Pro app.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    Normally a spinner would come up in gDial Pro while it downloads the audio file and then it will go away and it will play the voicemail through the speaker of the Pre within the gDial Pro app.
    I was just trying to listen to a voicemail via gDialPro (the homebrew version, 0.9.1) for the first time ever, after reading about the Sprint conditional forwarding having become free.

What I get is the spinner, then...nothing...Music volume's all the way up, and I can't hear anything from the ear-speaker. No other app opens up to play the file...I've also been unable to play voicemail from the browser within gDialPro; when I click on it, the link reacts by looking selected for a moment, then nothing seems to happen, even after waiting for a minute or two...or three.

When I use the browser directly, when I click the "play" link, the streaming app opens, but then I get an error that says "There was an error playing the file."

Could this be more than just a gDialPro problem?

I do have a bunch of patches installed both via WebOS Quick Install and Preware. Has anyone heard if any of those may interfere with playing media files?
  5.    #1845  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I was just trying to listen to a voicemail via gDialPro (the homebrew version, 0.9.1) for the first time ever, after reading about the Sprint conditional forwarding having become free.

What I get is the spinner, then...nothing...Music volume's all the way up, and I can't hear anything from the ear-speaker. No other app opens up to play the file...I've also been unable to play voicemail from the browser within gDialPro; when I click on it, the link reacts by looking selected for a moment, then nothing seems to happen, even after waiting for a minute or two...or three.

When I use the browser directly, when I click the "play" link, the streaming app opens, but then I get an error that says "There was an error playing the file."

Could this be more than just a gDialPro problem?

I do have a bunch of patches installed both via WebOS Quick Install and Preware. Has anyone heard if any of those may interfere with playing media files?
    You know it might just be one of the patches as it seems both you and dirtygreek have patches installed and have the issue.

The playing of the voicemail from the website is an issue with webOS and the mp3 stream. But you should be able to play the voicemail within gDial as it has a workaround in its history detail scene to make it play.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    flpalm: I think a great addition to the voicemail scene would be to add each voicemail's duration.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  7.    #1847  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    flpalm: I think a great addition to the voicemail scene would be to add each voicemail's duration.
    Good idea, thanks.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  8.    #1848  
    v0.9.3
    -Fixed dialer screen for Pixi
    -Added in the rest of the icons for history
    -Changed compilation to use the new Google Closure jsjsjs $compiler$ (Closure Tools - Google Code)
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    -Changed compilation to use the new Google Closure jsjsjs $compiler$ (Closure Tools - Google Code)
    I hope the pain was worth it. I haven't tried Closure on my projects yet, but you sound like a good programmer and it took you days to fix the little warnings. I use pretty strict JSLint settings so I am hoping that closure doesn't hurt my feelings too much.
    I have the same problem as Shadowhawk and Dirtygeek -I can't play the voicemails. Suggestions? Either nothing happens when I click on the 'play', or if it does launch it is unable to connect. Kind of defeats the purpose as the text/email transcriptions are usually way off as my industry has a lot of special terms that don't translate well
    So if I'm using the homebrew version, can I just install a new version over the old? or better to uninstall and reinstall?
  12.    #1852  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    I hope the pain was worth it. I haven't tried Closure on my projects yet, but you sound like a good programmer and it took you days to fix the little warnings. I use pretty strict JSLint settings so I am hoping that closure doesn't hurt my feelings too much.
    I have actually been asked to put together an article on my experience with it, and I can tell you that it is almost not worth it and you don't get the full benefit without some future changes from Palm to help support it.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  13.    #1853  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    So if I'm using the homebrew version, can I just install a new version over the old? or better to uninstall and reinstall?
    Just install the new over the old and that way you will get to keep all your preferences and data and what not.
    Become a fan on Facebook
  14.    #1854  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookout Lisa View Post
    I have the same problem as Shadowhawk and Dirtygeek -I can't play the voicemails. Suggestions? Either nothing happens when I click on the 'play', or if it does launch it is unable to connect. Kind of defeats the purpose as the text/email transcriptions are usually way off as my industry has a lot of special terms that don't translate well
    Have you done a reboot of your Pre? The download service on the Palm side sometimes stops running on the Pre and causes the issue.

Other options are if you have your Pre in silent mode you won't hear anything.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    All of you having problems, it works at least for me when I go to the middle button (which lists missed calls, choose voicemails, then click the listen button on those. Hopefully that'll work for you too.
  16.    #1856  
    All of you having problems, it works at least for me when I go to the middle button (which lists missed calls, choose voicemails, then click the listen button on those. Hopefully that'll work for you too.
    Just out of curiosity, what were you clicking before? What you describe is the expected use pattern for listening to voicemails, so maybe I can find out what you had been doing in order to clarify in the program how to make it work.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    The icon on the far right that opens the gvoice site itself. Hitting play there does nothing, but it does work in the browser and using the method described before (I didn't realize I could do it that way until recently).
  18.    #1858  
    The icon on the far right that opens the gvoice site itself. Hitting play there does nothing, but it does work in the browser and using the method described before (I didn't realize I could do it that way until recently).
    Ahhh, ok. Yes the play button on the Google Voice site doesn't work in or out of the app. Only works out of the app for you due to the multimod.
    Become a fan on Facebook
    @flpalm Ah. You solved it for me. It was not playing for me because I usually have my phone set on silent/vibrate mode. Is there any chance you can add a preference option to enable speaker playback even when in silent mode? E.g. drPodder plays on the speaker just fine when in this mode.
    Mobile photoblog http://post.jauderho.com/
  20.    #1860  
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    @flpalm Ah. You solved it for me. It was not playing for me because I usually have my phone set on silent/vibrate mode. Is there any chance you can add a preference option to enable speaker playback even when in silent mode? E.g. drPodder plays on the speaker just fine when in this mode.
    Okay, let me see if I can find out from him how he is making that work.
    Become a fan on Facebook